Season Tickets 2017/18

QPR used information on ticket purchases to advertise to people in depending on their pattern eg. a man taking his two kids to x number of games could spend this much more and take them to all the home games. They had comic strips made up for different situations and emailed them out, they win award after award. Everton invited fans to a party, did not advertise they were doing it, but the next year many wanted to be involved so they bought their tickets online early on, hoping to get an invite.

As supporters we are looking for a reason to buy one, the responsible part of our brains tells us not to. All I want is for the club to entice me, the discount doesn't because the saving only takes away from the club anyway. Just give me an actual advertising campaign, remember the video for the scoreboard fund? Something like that, throw in a few old clips from past years and that slogan may make sense. The whole point of buying a season ticket is it could be our year, and we want to be a part of it. Play on that, and announce it a while before they go on sale, so we can save that bit of extra money, or have time to decide.

I don't want to turn into an internet asshole but apparently I have.

You're clearly wound up and your views have merits, but to save my eyes, please paragraph!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email existing season ticket holders. - why? They'll know they're on sale

Email registered ticket buyers who aren't season ticket holders. - could be in newsletter today

Replace the OEC banner on Broadway with a season ticket advert. - would anyone who saw that and took notice not know they're on sale anyway?

Issue a flyer to everybody entering the ground for Tuesday's game. - waste of money. Announce it over the tannoy. If you're not going to buy one a leaflet won't change it. If you already are you'll do so

Ensure the web site is set up to allow renewals from existing season ticket holders who didn't buy online last time. - haven't been on but fair point

Train the ticket office staff on how to renew the season ticket. (She was lovely, but struggled). - fair point

Make the finance terms clear on the web site. - thought that was adequate. Can split over 4 or 10 months.

Show how taking finance in March will save you money compared to renewing in April or May. - I was going to say this will be obvious to people but ye good point

You could pick holes in any innovative strategy (I mean, with respect to o4u, none suggested are really that mindblowing, anyway).

Ultimately it's better than stagnation.

'View of Golden Gate' has got it spot on regarding the total lack of marketing creativity for the launch of our Season Ticket

A school leaver could have delivered this better

Biggest opportunity we have to recognise our loyal season ticket holders and attract both wavering fans and new, particularly younger supporters for the future

Very poor effort

It's just an announcement of season ticket prices and deadlines.

The club can't afford to offer a big discount this time round and are realistic that it's pretty much only going to be us existing season ticket holders renewing (largely due to their own ineptitude).

If we have a good season next season then will be the time to gamble on something interesting attracting new season ticket holders.

You could pick holes in any innovative strategy (I mean, with respect to o4u, none suggested are really that mindblowing, anyway).

Ultimately it's better than stagnation.

Nor are they meant to be mind blowing.

Laser images of Chaddy The Owl projected onto Spindle car park anybody?

Just making the point. Do you really think if people weren't thinking of buying an oldham season ticket that a billboard would change their mind?

It's the last time I will reply to you. If billboards or any other form of marketing had no effect on people's behaviour then they wouldn't exist.

It's the last time I will reply to you. If billboards or any other form of marketing had no effect on people's behaviour then they wouldn't exist.

Bit different when's it's a football club season ticket to a normal product. You see a Virgin media billboard you might go home and think I'll check the price vs my sky subscription. You either want a season ticket for a club or u don't

Bit different when's it's a football club season ticket to a normal product. You see a Virgin media billboard you might go home and think I'll check the price vs my sky subscription. You either want a season ticket for a club or u don't

If done right, marketing works. Whatever you're selling.

A floating pay-on-the-dayer could be turned into a season ticket holder if they're marketed to properly. It's a pretty simple concept.

If done right, marketing works. Whatever you're selling.

A floating pay-on-the-dayer could be turned into a season ticket holder if they're marketed to properly. It's a pretty simple concept.

If they're a floater then the only thing that's making them a ST holder is a winning streak or a ridiculously cheap price

Advertising anything over the North Stand (soon to be TLH Auctioneers Stand) tannoy is still a waste of time as I can't hear it.

i did suggest that somebody had come knocking on the door and the offer was a result of this - no doubt we will be told that the tax has been paid and the winding up order is out of order (again).

Email existing season ticket holders. - why? They'll know they're on sale

Email registered ticket buyers who aren't season ticket holders. - could be in newsletter today

Replace the OEC banner on Broadway with a season ticket advert. - would anyone who saw that and took notice not know they're on sale anyway?

Issue a flyer to everybody entering the ground for Tuesday's game. - waste of money. Announce it over the tannoy. If you're not going to buy one a leaflet won't change it. If you already are you'll do so

Ensure the web site is set up to allow renewals from existing season ticket holders who didn't buy online last time. - haven't been on but fair point

Train the ticket office staff on how to renew the season ticket. (She was lovely, but struggled). - fair point

Make the finance terms clear on the web site. - thought that was adequate. Can split over 4 or 10 months.

Show how taking finance in March will save you money compared to renewing in April or May. - I was going to say this will be obvious to people but ye good point

Stopped reading this after the first couple of sentences. Finally decided you are just on the wind up. I had taken you seriously but nobody can be that thick. You should get in touch with McDonalds, Coca-Cola or Tesco and let them know their utterly ridiculous mistake of spending their millions on advertising because hey...we all know they're just down the road if we need them. Why promote themselves??? McFlufferboy has the answer to save them millions ???