Season Tickets 2017/18

On the topic of next season, what's going to be the consensus about players from the Robinson months who have improved under Shez?

Will we want to keep them and justify thir poorer performances under Robinson as the manager's fault or attribute their improved performances on superior teammates, and try to find upgrades? The Banks', Green's, Erwin's of this side...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of next season, what's going to be the consensus about players from the Robinson months who have improved under Shez?

Will we want to keep them and justify thir poorer performances under Robinson as the manager's fault or attribute their improved performances on superior teammates, and try to find upgrades? The Banks', Green's, Erwin's of this side...

Thinking about Green, has he improved or changed his style of play under Shez? Or is he benefiting from having better attacking players around him now (eg Taylor, Holloway and McLaughlin now he's match fit) so the pressure on him to create and be the impetus of attacks, is a lot less?

I never understood why he got stick for 'sideways passing' in the first place when winning and keeping possession is what his role should be about.

Depends on who Shez can recruit after some of next season's budget seemingly being spent this season.

Thinking about Green, has he improved or changed his style of play under Shez? Or is he benefiting from having better attacking players around him now (eg Taylor, Holloway and McLaughlin now he's match fit) so the pressure on him to create and be the impetus of attacks, is a lot less?

I never understood why he got stick for 'sideways passing' in the first place when winning and keeping possession is what his role should be about.

I don't think he was ever a side-ways pass merchant - he's actually quite attack-minded at times and got into some decent advanced positions - his passing was just wayward and the ball was like a hot potato.

I've not seen much under Shez but I think under Robinson it was clear he's an intelligent player, just lacking confidence.

I was thinking last night about who our marquee signings were. Green and Flynn for me. Both players who need a few decent players to work with. Hopefully see Flynn up his level now as well.

We're producing play off form with them at the moment

This whole thing has annoyed me, no effort has gone into this. It sums up everything off the pitch at the moment, a quick slogan, a poster and a standard picture. "Here you go peasants, here's your prices." This could be any club's season ticket campaign, it was almost a throw away article, no build up to an announcement no effort or pre-planning, these prices could have been drawn up that morning.

I'm amazed the club feel this is the best way to sell their biggest product. It's just so lazy, a real lack of respect towards the fans. Would they be this lazy when trying to attract sponsors, box holders, 100 club members?

For me there are too many things going on, the hiring and firing of that Fitzgerald bloke, without so much as an introduction to the fans. It was obvious they wanted to keep him a secret, so why hire him? The naming and renaming of the Rochdale Road End, no signs anywhere to say it's named after our second most successful manager and a man adored by many loyal supporters. They haven't even printed it on the tickets, the most basic thing, the pathetic statements about both Mike Keegan and Robinson that tried to pass any potential blame away from the club to anyone else.

No doubt someone from the club will come out and have a pop at the fans again over the summer, the club never admits they messed up. Even Ched Evans was everyone else's fault, Darren Kelly, well he didn't tell the board he was an IRA supporter, why they didn't check his Twitter like fans did, and many potential employers? Sheridan leaving again the club did no wrong, Robinson it was his fault it did not work, not the club's for hiring him and giving him no time to build a squad, when they were chasing Evans, well it was his fault for taking his time, everyone with half an eye on what has happening outside BP knew he was after the Forest job too.

Why did a Chief Exec/member of the board who once helped save the club feel AFC Flyde was a good move?

Also the free game where fans were locked out, why do four or five at a time? They were asking for that happen, print all available tickets off and put them on the door, it was free, it was like advanced tickets was a gain to anyone, just a way to get people's names and contact details I suppose.

I thought we as a club were moving forward, but once again a lack of thought or forward thinking has left me feeling like the odd home game and away games will be more fun next season.

The Rocky Road had some new flags Tuesday night on the flag poles on top of the stand not sure they made reference to Jimmy Frizzell though I think they had TLH Auctioneers on them so maybe we should refer to the Rocky as The TLH Auctioneers Jimmy Frizzell Stand.

This whole thing has annoyed me, no effort has gone into this. It sums up everything off the pitch at the moment, a quick slogan, a poster and a standard picture. "Here you go peasants, here's your prices." This could be any club's season ticket campaign, it was almost a throw away article, no build up to an announcement no effort or pre-planning, these prices could have been drawn up that morning.

I'm amazed the club feel this is the best way to sell their biggest product. It's just so lazy, a real lack of respect towards the fans. Would they be this lazy when trying to attract sponsors, box holders, 100 club members?

For me there are too many things going on, the hiring and firing of that Fitzgerald bloke, without so much as an introduction to the fans. It was obvious they wanted to keep him a secret, so why hire him? The naming and renaming of the Rochdale Road End, no signs anywhere to say it's named after our second most successful manager and a man adored by many loyal supporters. They haven't even printed it on the tickets, the most basic thing, the pathetic statements about both Mike Keegan and Robinson that tried to pass any potential blame away from the club to anyone else.

No doubt someone from the club will come out and have a pop at the fans again over the summer, the club never admits they messed up. Even Ched Evans was everyone else's fault, Darren Kelly, well he didn't tell the board he was an IRA supporter, why they didn't check his Twitter like fans did, and many potential employers? Sheridan leaving again the club did no wrong, Robinson it was his fault it did not work, not the club's for hiring him and giving him no time to build a squad, when they were chasing Evans, well it was his fault for taking his time, everyone with half an eye on what has happening outside BP knew he was after the Forest job too.

Why did a Chief Exec/member of the board who once helped save the club feel AFC Flyde was a good move?

Also the free game where fans were locked out, why do four or five at a time? They were asking for that happen, print all available tickets off and put them on the door, it was free, it was like advanced tickets was a gain to anyone, just a way to get people's names and contact details I suppose.

I thought we as a club were moving forward, but once again a lack of thought or forward thinking has left me feeling like the odd home game and away games will be more fun next season.

Don't know where to start on some of that

The Rocky Road had some new flags Tuesday night on the flag poles on top of the stand not sure they made reference to Jimmy Frizzell though I think they had TLH Auctioneers on them so maybe we should refer to the Rocky as The TLH Auctioneers Jimmy Frizzell Stand.

Don't TLH sponsor the North Stand now?

e5029814_zpsa7366910.gif

....and breathe!

Some serious pent up frustration in that post - which I am sure many people will agree with some of it.

But not sure how much benefit we'll get from raking over the past. We all know that we are not the best run club in the country.

Bradford deal is amazing, but they have the advantage of big crowds. How does £300 compare to others in League One?

Would they be this lazy when trying to attract sponsors, box holders, 100 club members?

Yes they would. They haven't published 100 club prices for next season and haven't been in contact either.

'View of Golden Gate' has got it spot on regarding the total lack of marketing creativity for the launch of our Season Ticket

A school leaver could have delivered this better

Biggest opportunity we have to recognise our loyal season ticket holders and attract both wavering fans and new, particularly younger supporters for the future

Very poor effort

....and breathe!

Some serious pent up frustration in that post - which I am sure many people will agree with some of it.

But not sure how much benefit we'll get from raking over the past. We all know that we are not the best run club in the country.

Bradford deal is amazing, but they have the advantage of big crowds. How does £300 compare to others in League One?

A lot of pent up frustration, but the people in charge of made this club hard to support. While the post may have been OT, it is due to years of backing the people running the club, and defending them at every point I could. The last few months may not have been that bad in comparison to recent times, but for me they are failings on very basic marketing level, and we have a marketing bloke as our Chief Exec. That is where we should be excelling, and improving, not being the same or worse.

Mcfluff, that's the point. How can the club wish to grow, but do what it has always done? Try something, if it doesn't work then at least you give it a shot. It may or may not make a difference, but we will never know.

Edited by View Of Golden Gate

All they ever do is announce it on the website. Is there ever any more done?

Email existing season ticket holders.

Email registered ticket buyers who aren't season ticket holders.

Replace the OEC banner on Broadway with a season ticket advert.

Issue a flyer to everybody entering the ground for Tuesday's game.

Ensure the web site is set up to allow renewals from existing season ticket holders who didn't buy online last time.

Train the ticket office staff on how to renew the season ticket. (She was lovely, but struggled).

Make the finance terms clear on the web site.

Show how taking finance in March will save you money compared to renewing in April or May.

Yes. I think they could do a lot more.

Email existing season ticket holders. - why? They'll know they're on sale

Email registered ticket buyers who aren't season ticket holders. - could be in newsletter today

Replace the OEC banner on Broadway with a season ticket advert. - would anyone who saw that and took notice not know they're on sale anyway?

Issue a flyer to everybody entering the ground for Tuesday's game. - waste of money. Announce it over the tannoy. If you're not going to buy one a leaflet won't change it. If you already are you'll do so

Ensure the web site is set up to allow renewals from existing season ticket holders who didn't buy online last time. - haven't been on but fair point

Train the ticket office staff on how to renew the season ticket. (She was lovely, but struggled). - fair point

Make the finance terms clear on the web site. - thought that was adequate. Can split over 4 or 10 months.

Show how taking finance in March will save you money compared to renewing in April or May. - I was going to say this will be obvious to people but ye good point

Yes, The Bradford deal is amazing and yes they have big crowds now but it hasn't always been the case...

Here are their attendances during the 70's

1980 5.774

1979 3.924

1978 5.103

1977 5.630

1976 2.916

1975 3.191

1974 3.797

1973 3.498

1972 5.042

1971 5.997

We had a far bigger average during that period albeit in a higher division. We just need a forward thinking board instead of the :censored:e and stagnation we have had to put up with for the last 15 years!!!

Email existing season ticket holders. - why? They'll know they're on sale

A direct reminder costing virtually nothing can do no harm. I rarely read the official web site. With the exception of last season I'm used to renewing in April or May. It's a no brainer to co-ordinate an email campaign with the web site information.

Email registered ticket buyers who aren't season ticket holders. - could be in newsletter today

Yes, I used to get that email. For reasons unknown I don't anymore. And a specific campaign for the club's biggest source of income makes sense. Don't you think? I even got a voicemail from the Peterborough chairman once asking me to buy a season ticket there because I'd used their booking system.

Replace the OEC banner on Broadway with a season ticket advert. - would anyone who saw that and took notice not know they're on sale anyway?

Makes you wonder why the put it there. Makes you wonder why far more successful companies than our football club advertise anywhere. They're all fools.

Issue a flyer to everybody entering the ground for Tuesday's game. - waste of money. Announce it over the tannoy. If you're not going to buy one a leaflet won't change it. If you already are you'll do so

A 1% take up rate would gross c£90,000. Direct mail campaigns target 1.5%-2% take up.

Make the finance terms clear on the web site. - thought that was adequate. Can split over 4 or 10 months.

Clarity of fee. Clarity of interest. Clarity of when payments are due. Clarity of why acting now but paying interest is still cheaper than an extra £60 in April.

Co-ordinated low cost activity reaching as many people as possible as many times as possible. Or eff all. Which is best?

QPR used information on ticket purchases to advertise to people in depending on their pattern eg. a man taking his two kids to x number of games could spend this much more and take them to all the home games. They had comic strips made up for different situations and emailed them out, they win award after award. Everton invited fans to a party, did not advertise they were doing it, but the next year many wanted to be involved so they bought their tickets online early on, hoping to get an invite.

As supporters we are looking for a reason to buy one, the responsible part of our brains tells us not to. All I want is for the club to entice me, the discount doesn't because the saving only takes away from the club anyway. Just give me an actual advertising campaign, remember the video for the scoreboard fund? Something like that, throw in a few old clips from past years and that slogan may make sense. The whole point of buying a season ticket is it could be our year, and we want to be a part of it. Play on that, and announce it a while before they go on sale, so we can save that bit of extra money, or have time to decide.

Edited by View Of Golden Gate