Season Tickets 2017/18

Also - I'd like to be able to give the club money to park in the half empty car park when it's pissing down next season.

Could The Trust run this novel idea by our Business Prevention Officers? :grin:

Think they're still working on the mini Chaddys. Maybe they could ask Corney to check out some toy factories next time he goes to China.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much the free game against Peterborough influenced the club's decision here?

We had a free game and we couldn't muster 8000 and their was no kick on interms of attendance in the following games. Plus the price drop in the winter months failed to muster anykind of increase in attendances, granted this was on the back of some of the worst football played in living memory. Perhaps they realised that their was no real point in doing a discounted offer as not enough people will take it up. If they could half the prices and get double the crowds I think they would.

Every home ticket was taken with fans locked out. The club can't help selfish bastards taking tickets and not turning up.

Giving the fans just over two weeks before the 250+Vat option expires is frankly insulting.

A top price of 350+Vat is laughable.

Poor Mr Moisley, extremely poor.

You know when season tickets come out! Rubbish excuse you either save through the season or get interest free finance for 4 months or pay a fixed fee for 10 months. Don't be blaming the cost because you clearly didn't organise yourself for the season! I wouldn't have £300 spare but know when season tickets come out. Can't blame the club because you haven't prepared!

You know when season tickets come out! Rubbish excuse you either save through the season or get interest free finance for 4 months or pay a fixed fee for 10 months. Don't be blaming the cost because you clearly didn't organise yourself for the season! I wouldn't have £300 spare but know when season tickets come out. Can't blame the club because you haven't prepared!

It's the two weeks notice for the early bird tickets that I am not happy with. The price is only an issue for the full price tickets.

Every home ticket was taken with fans locked out. The club can't help selfish bastards taking tickets and not turning up.

But the fact is 7224 turned up when it was free and that is all that matters it indicates what the level of demand their is potentially for a team at the foot of league 1 which in the grand scheme of things isn't alot.

But the fact is 7224 turned up when it was free and that is all that matters it indicates what the level of demand their is potentially for a team at the foot of league 1 which in the grand scheme of things isn't alot.

I have a very good friend who happens to be an Asian female - I mentioned how many Asian people seemed to take up the offer - her response? "It was free" - that game was no where near indicative of demand

Does anyone have a record of when the early discount have expired in recent years? I know last year's was an exception but I'm sure it's getting earlier. Unless there is a good explanation it makes me a little concerned about the general direction club finances are going in.

That isn't strictly true actually. I get what you're trying to say but ST's never usually come out this early...it used to be right near the end of the season and often had an end of May cut off before the price rise. The first instance I can recall (in recent times) was when Chris Moore announced STs for sale in mid March. At the time, there was quite some surprise and a few raised eyebrows. Little did we all know what was to happen in the summer. Not that I'm suggesting that's happening here but to announce ST sales in March was a surprise.

As for last season, that was a huge gamble the club chose. It felt like a get quick rich scheme to pay bills. Whilst capitalising on the Shezurrection feeling. I don't think anybody expected STs to be on sale this early this time at all. Especially given the ST gamble last season turned out to be a nightmare for the club where I doubt they would've run it at all had they known they'd end up paying £150 per ST back.

So I have sympathy with people saying the length of time given to source the money is unhelpful. Both for the buyer and potentially for the club when some decide just to pay on the day. Does it hurt anyone to say a month ago "we will release ST details on X date" giving people time to prepare? I can't see why it would.

This is just wrong. Season tickets do not come out in the middle of march.

Does anyone have a record of when the early discount have expired in recent years? I know last year's was an exception but I'm sure it's getting earlier. Unless there is a good explanation it makes me a little concerned about the general direction club finances are going in.

From memory we were well into June in 2007/8 and I bought for the first time - full discount.

End of May has been the standard since then.

It backs up your concern and either a budget will need to be cut, a player sold or a proper new income stream switched on sooner or later.

They don't use it to subsidise ticket prices it's supply and demand they have 60000 seats to fill they try and fill them if they could do it for £600 a time or more in Arsenals case they will do.

However, West Ham have a 60 000 seat stadium with around 50 000 season ticket holders and

60 000 on the waiting list.

They have specifically said they will use TV money to subsidise tickets and so they should.

I will, as ever, be renewing my ST (and my Dad's).

We've been going together since the late 1980s, and relegation to League 2 won't stop us (as it didn't when we got relegated the two previous times).

Also, I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the £480 in total it will cost me for the two tickets, at relatively short notice - but I am very aware that this is a very different issue for many others.

Even with the impending arrival of my first child and uncertainty over whether I will be able to make as many games next season, at £300 it works out at £13.04 per game - so it would make good value unless I am going to miss half of the season.

For me it's definitely a price inelastic service.

But I have been coming for all my life, and the success of the late 80s/early 90s undoubtedly created a life long bond.

Would I feel the same as someone who is only just starting to watch / or only just "qualifying" for a full price ticket? Someone who is likely to be at the start of their working life and money would be tight?

I'd imagine that it wouldn't be the automatic response to renew I have at the moment in that position. I'd certainly be much more likely to view this as a price elastic service, and would decide after considerations of lots of factors.

These are the people that if you pitch it right will become the future generations that renew without thought because it's ingrained in them.

Pitch it wrong and they walk away thinking they will still come and pick and choose some games.

With a team battling relegation; high quality premiership football nearby and on every TV screen; an awful pitch; and possibly the worst team in terms of entertainment I have seen in 30 years.....price and deals are critical in attracting this group.

£300 is a decent offer, as I said £13 a game. But 2 weeks is not enough time.

Feel that we have made a mistake with this.

It does.

People who decide to go at the last minute begrudge paying £24 on the day when they could have paid £20 if they;d bought the day before. So many of them don't.

If I was free and in the area I'd never miss a game, but this whole £24 business has put me off going a few times this season.

Just too much, especially when you know it should be £20.

Bury fan said much the same to me the other day too.

That may well be fair, but surely the club are still the ones who are losing out if fans haven't prepared accordingly, because they might not buy a ticket. I don't really see what they have to lose by announcing season tickets earlier if they're provide a short-notice date for supporters.

I will, as ever, be renewing my ST (and my Dad's).

We've been going together since the late 1980s, and relegation to League 2 won't stop us (as it didn't when we got relegated the two previous times).

Also, I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the £480 in total it will cost me for the two tickets, at relatively short notice - but I am very aware that this is a very different issue for many others.

Even with the impending arrival of my first child and uncertainty over whether I will be able to make as many games next season, at £300 it works out at £13.04 per game - so it would make good value unless I am going to miss half of the season.

For me it's definitely a price inelastic service.

But I have been coming for all my life, and the success of the late 80s/early 90s undoubtedly created a life long bond.

Would I feel the same as someone who is only just starting to watch / or only just "qualifying" for a full price ticket? Someone who is likely to be at the start of their working life and money would be tight?

I'd imagine that it wouldn't be the automatic response to renew I have at the moment in that position. I'd certainly be much more likely to view this as a price elastic service, and would decide after considerations of lots of factors.

These are the people that if you pitch it right will become the future generations that renew without thought because it's ingrained in them.

Pitch it wrong and they walk away thinking they will still come and pick and choose some games.

With a team battling relegation; high quality premiership football nearby and on every TV screen; an awful pitch; and possibly the worst team in terms of entertainment I have seen in 30 years.....price and deals are critical in attracting this group.

£300 is a decent offer, as I said £13 a game. But 2 weeks is not enough time.

Feel that we have made a mistake with this.

Pretty much in the same place, my old fella and I attend home games together on ST's. The difference being unlike you this time I really am wondering whether to renew. I've not even mentioned to my Dad yet about the timing of the best deal offer. I am just so pissed off how early this is. Clearly we are using next seasons budget to fund this one.....AGAIN.

So where does this leave next season in terms of squad? at best we stay equal to this season and that means crap squad, no goal scorers, boring football and toil until the last transfer window in an attempt to stay up. The latter this season is still a massive possibility we don't achieve.

Of course £13 per match is a very good price, however due to working away I miss on average 6/7 games per season. Up until now this fact as never bothered me, nor all the cheap incentives aimed at the floating fan that the pay on the day fans benefit from.

We need change at the top. I like Corney the man and indeed in the past he's done me big favours, but the club cannot keep being run the way it is, sooner or later it stops. Lets get some fresh optimism in, It's so needed right now.

This offer is part of the backward spiral. They need the money now so that is why the window is short. It has nothing to do with fairness. Nothing to do with consideration for the loyal fans.

Just because I can pay doesn't mean everybody can so that puts some of us in the position of being disappointed by the short term offer.

£420 is just too much, £360 is taking the piss and £300 what we can expect to have to pay but not by the end of March.

Still think this offer is a massive vote of no confidence - justifiable after Saturday and spot on if we lose tonight.

Not surprised they want the money now. By next season it will be around the 10 game mark for the season after at this rate. The problem comes when you're already one season in advance, were to then? I just want new owners now, if only for some optimism. Really unsure if I want to buy one at the minute. Head and heart moment here for sure.

Maybe some debts have to be repaid before April?