Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does.

People who decide to go at the last minute begrudge paying £24 on the day when they could have paid £20 if they;d bought the day before. So many of them don't.

Might well be £25 next season.

However, West Ham have a 60 000 seat stadium with around 50 000 season ticket holders and

60 000 on the waiting list.

They have specifically said they will use TV money to subsidise tickets and so they should.

I checked this out that's quite surprising that they have that level of demand. However if that demand is maintained then I can see the the prices heading North especially if they want to compete with the likes of Tottenham Arsenal and Chelsea.

Given there has always been an early bird price - I wonder what proportion of supported take it up vs those that pay full price?

£460 equals £20 a game. Or miss 4 and be no better off v paying on the door.

I have had a ST for pushing 30 years, but a combination of work / holidays / sickness / social commitments means that I might miss that number of games reasonably often.

There is no way I would renew for that sort of discount - and then the temptation sets in. Tuesday night, cold and wet, 70 miles round trip and not seen a goal in the last 4 games....I'd probably not go if it meant finding £24 on the day.

All I can guess is that they have created a price to make the offer prices look tempting - surely nobody would pay the top whack?

I suppose the true price is £360 with the £420 a penalty for late paying with £300 the short term we need the cash offer.

Two things to the snotty on here.

Some people simply don't have the money half way through the month at two weeks notice.

Why only two weeks when they must have known we were in the financial :censored: as soon as we were dumped out of the FA Cup. Either someone has come knocking on the door for more and Simon can't find it or they have panicked about the possibility of relegation. We will never know but the omens for next season are not good - if you save up for your ticket plan on January 2018 (a nice easy cash filled month after Christmas).

Looks like I made a mess of the online registration.

It says to register and log in for season ticket renewals, Having done that it then takes me to a page where it shows my account.

When I tried to renew there it sends me back to login and the cycle repeats.

I also now have a different ID number than is on my current season ticket.

I think I'll have to give it up as a bad job and go down to the ticket office.

Given there has always been an early bird price - I wonder what proportion of supported take it up vs those that pay full price?

£460 equals £20 a game. Or miss 4 and be no better off v paying on the door.

I have had a ST for pushing 30 years, but a combination of work / holidays / sickness / social commitments means that I might miss that number of games reasonably often.

There is no way I would renew for that sort of discount - and then the temptation sets in. Tuesday night, cold and wet, 70 miles round trip and not seen a goal in the last 4 games....I'd probably not go if it meant finding £24 on the day.

All I can guess is that they have created a price to make the offer prices look tempting - surely nobody would pay the top whack?

I'd think if you paid £420 for a ST this season you'd be out of pocket due to the offers and early bird discounts.

Hopefully someone at the club did the sums before working that price out.

Like someone said £360 is probably the true price but the RRP is £420, it's like the half-price pots sketch.

I emailed the club to point out that concession prices for 65+ are the same for both March and April and asked until when our current seats are reserved for us.

The answer:

"Concession tickets are priced at the discounted rate until the end of April so if you were to wait, you would pay the same rate before they increase in May.

All current season ticket seats are reserved until May."

Thought there were no credit card fees?

There was when I went on before. 3%.

The 'interchange fees' card firms can charge was capped in December 2015 at 0.3% for UK credit card transactions, and an average of 0.2% for UK debit card transactions. Why Is Latics - and other companies - still charging 2% or 3%?

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/cards-loans/banks-and-retailers-hitting-us-with-credit-card-fee-cap-11364040799206

The 'interchange fees' card firms can charge was capped in December 2015 at 0.3% for UK credit card transactions, and an average of 0.2% for UK debit card transactions. Why Is Latics - and other companies - still charging 2% or 3%?

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/cards-loans/banks-and-retailers-hitting-us-with-credit-card-fee-cap-11364040799206

Interchange fees are only one part of the cost of processing card payments, it's the fee that your bank takes for sending the money to the retailer's bank/card acquirer. When the bank/acquirer sends that money on to the retailer, there are further charges levied there (Merchant Service Charge which includes things like terminal/technology charges, fraud/risk screening, their payment processing fee etc.). It's known as the 4 Party Payment model.

A lot of places will absorb or cost these things in, others will add it on.