I can't imagine why refs don't always book players for grabbing the ball before the whistle. It's completely disrepectful and trying to force the decision

I totally agree but they all try it and will only stop once referees in the Premiership start booking the Rooneys etc.

Some players do force the decision and of course their managers back them to the hilt.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth did lowe not get booked for the dive or handball?

Absolutely....as blatant a dive as you are ever likely to see and a yellow card all day long. No consistency whatsoever.....The ref should get a major bollocking and condemnation in his assessment.

Been working all day, so not had chance to give my two penneth before now.

I'm a fully paid up member of the Happy Clapper Club but yesterday was shocking, worse I've seen since Shez's return.

I don't think Chris Taylor is as bad as some folk are making out, not the flying winger that left us but far from terrible. Solid and steady if nothing else.

Reckord is terrible. He makes Connor Brown look like Cafu. Brought my father-in-law yesterday, has season tickets for United and Salford City. He reckons Reckord wouldn't even make Salford City's match day squad, let alone their bench.

And i've always been a fan of Gerrard, he can clearly 'play a bit' for a League 1 centre half. I can't believe someone suggested earlier that he was their Man Of the Match. He's getting fatter by the week. He looks like a roundabout on legs. I'm 42 and drive for a living so i'm sat on my arse most of the time. Gerrard is easily 3 stone heavier than me and getting fatter by the week. There's no point in being 'talented' if you're too fat and slow to show it on the pitch.

Absolutely....as blatant a dive as you are ever likely to see and a yellow card all day long. No consistency whatsoever.....The ref should get a major bollocking and condemnation in his assessment.

You moaners cannot even agree if he should be booked for diving or for a handball. Perhaps we should start a poll?

Been working all day, so not had chance to give my two penneth before now.

I'm a fully paid up member of the Happy Clapper Club but yesterday was shocking, worse I've seen since Shez's return.

I don't think Chris Taylor is as bad as some folk are making out, not the flying winger that left us but far from terrible. Solid and steady if nothing else.

Reckord is terrible. He makes Connor Brown look like Cafu. Brought my father-in-law yesterday, has season tickets for United and Salford City. He reckons Reckord wouldn't even make Salford City's match day squad, let alone their bench.

And i've always been a fan of Gerrard, he can clearly 'play a bit' for a League 1 centre half. I can't believe someone suggested earlier that he was their Man Of the Match. He's getting fatter by the week. He looks like a roundabout on legs. I'm 42 and drive for a living so i'm sat on my arse most of the time. Gerrard is easily 3 stone heavier than me and getting fatter by the week. There's no point in being 'talented' if you're too fat and slow to show it on the pitch.

I said to similar to my mate, I honestly could not believe how big he was. It's not an exaggeration to say he looked a pub player size wise.

Long term contract too isnt it?

Yep. Think he got two and half years.

To be fair, I don't doubt his ability, but surely he's got to address it in the summer. Not only doesn't affect his fitness, but I'd thought it would make him more injury prone?

Or will he do similar to Gregan, and just get bigger and better.

Yep. Think he got two and half years.

To be fair, I don't doubt his ability, but surely he's got to address it in the summer. Not only doesn't affect his fitness, but I'd thought it would make him more injury prone?

Or will he do similar to Gregan, and just get bigger and better.

Thing is he did. Despite carrying a bit of timber, he had a decent game and the final minute error apart, he was a definite candidate for MoftM.

Agreed if he lost some of the timber he would be quicker around the pitch, but his anticipation, positional play and leadership alongside Clarke is indicative of a talented footballer.

And while I'm at it, venting my spleen, I thought Ollie Banks played like he'd had 12 pints of Guinness before kick off yesterday! Bloody woeful...

He was poor yesterday, but people in the main stand were on his back quite heavily from the first stray pass.

He's a very good player at our level, I don't dispute that, but for a professional 'athlete' to be so overweight is unforgivable.

Last season we needed him. This year we have Peter Clarke.

I will seriously worry when we play against some of the better teams with speedy forwards

Edited by ChaddySmoker

5 things...

1. Nail on dive for the penalty. He knew he wasn't getting to the ball first so went over for the pen and appealed. And getting hold of the ball is deliberate handball anyway...so either way, he should've been booked.

2. Not a lot being said about Ripley's 2 outstanding saves again. The first one was an incredible stop in the first half. Ball had literally gone past him and he still managed to reach behind and get enough on it. On a greener surface, I think it would've beaten him. And then in the last minute of normal time...a superb stop with his foot. Saved us another point. My MOTM again.

3. Got some praise for Green in that 2nd half. I've been disappointed with him over the season and again in the first half, but he was very good in the 2nd half.

4. This about Taylor. Going off what's been said, I'm probably on my own with this one but I felt a bit sorry for him in the end. The number of times he was wanting the ball played into an area and the rest weren't on his wavelength at all. There was a breakaway in the 2nd half and all Reckord had to do was knock a simple ball down the wing into a massive open area...Taylor set off down the channel and Reckord just stopped and passed inside straight to a Bury player. The groan around Boundary Park was clearly audible.

Topi (who was alright) had a similar easy ball for Taylor (who was pointing exactly where he wanted it playing)...Topi delayed and delayed, cut inside, ran straight into a Bury player and lost the ball. What is Taylor supposed to do when he is clearly signalling (watch for this tomorrow) for the ball to be played into an area of space and the ball isn't delivered there? Sometimes a player can look poor because of others around him and I felt this was the case for Taylor on Saturday.

Final point...every man and his dog can see that McLaughlin needs to be much further up the pitch. We have looked much more improved in attack when he has been up there. We've had :censored:loads of RB's at the club this season...now we've got the one man who I feel can help us get some goals stuck there. Shez needs to change this fast.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Thing is with Taylor he does a lot of the pointing and gesturing but when the balls at his feet he does :censored: all with it, giving him the excuse that his team mates arent on the same wavelength is frankly laughable, if he is one step ahead of our other players and reads the game so well play him centrally and let him boss a game, he's done no more than a Flynn or a Winchester would give you yet its always the players around him whose at fault.

Edited by yarddog73