• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first game for a bit. Paid £24 for that. It's hard to imagine doing it again this season. Thought shez we were going for it at home????

Felt sorry for Holloway, who was so isolated, he looked totally pissed off second half, an I don't blame him. Why wasn't Banks subbed at half time? He was awful first half. Taylor looks a shadow of the player he was- have a shot Chris!? Why do we have a midfield when we're defending, but we don't have one when we're attacking??? As usual, we looked steady-ish at the back and totally toothless going forward. The only player with real quality in our front six is Holloway.

Sorry to say but that was a Robinson type performance, dogged, hard working, but very little creatively. I know it's all about results at this stage, but deary me, you have to show a willingness to win the game.

Shez will keep us competive, but will it be enough?? I'm starting to have serious doubts.

O'Neill was anonymous for the second home game in a row.

Peter Clarke lost that many headers Vs Vaughan that he didn't even bother challenging for them towards the end and just backed off.

Oh and Caddis is a Cnut!

Caddis was the best player on the pitch today-mind we did make it so very easy for him. Where is our midfield?

Oxford will be no walk in the park they're free scoring away from home.

After failing to score in 3 out of the last 4 and many of the better sides in league one to come to BP in our last 5 home games, I'm worried given Vale - who are :censored: but still scored 3 today against a team we couldn't score against in TWO games this season, still have three games in hand...

For all the Holloway love in on here - he has to start bagging or we will go down. 37 games and 23 goals. 46 points was enough last season with Vale having 12 games left I reckon it may be significantly more this year. I said a few weeks ago that Blackpool going into March were well clear yet they got dragged gown and had a poor finish. I'm still erring on the side of scraping home but I feel Wimbledon may well be an uncomfortable afternoon..

I had a feeling we'd get 3 or 4 points from these two home games. Given that today was clearly a must not lose, as well as us performing well below recent standards, I'm not too disappointed with that result.

Agreed.

Bury have been playing well recently - Shez was right to keep it tight. They've got better strikers than us - if we'd have "gone for it" we might have lost to a breakaway.

Agree with the sentiments on here regarding Reckord. Disagree regarding the Taylor bashing. We know what he's got - I'd rather we were with him than without him.

We had nothing in the centre of midfield today. Thought Tope was our best player.

Edited by JoeP

Agreed.

Bury have been playing well recently - Shez was right to keep it tight. They've got better strikers than us - if we'd have "gone for it" we might have lost to a breakaway.

Agree with the sentiments on here regarding Reckord. Disagree regarding the Taylor bashing. We know what he's got - I'd rather we were with him than without him.

We had nothing in the centre of midfield today. Thought Tope was our best player.

I don't bash Taylor but he was poor today.

Obadeyi was brilliant 2nd half caused them all sorts of problems. Nice to see a player able to beat a man

Reckford might be getting a bashing on here and rightly so, but it cant do much for the lads confidence when the teams were announced as the players were warming up, a section of our support booed when his name was read out. Should we really be doing that to one of our own players?

Reckford might be getting a bashing on here and rightly so, but it cant do much for the lads confidence when the teams were announced as the players were warming up, a section of our support booed when his name was read out. Should we really be doing that to one of our own players?

That's not on.

Agreed.

You mean we know what Taylor had.

I think people are forgetting what's important in games where we aren't playing well and that is not lose! What you got to see is this team was put together and a lot of wages spent before Sheridan came in. Sheridan has made a couple of signings rather than 1 to help with the shortage of quality. We aren't going to win every game a point is extra towards safety. It's going to be tight but I find games against higher in the league teams we look more comfortable as it isn't as much of a slog.

The pitch isn't great either so the football on show won't be amazing. It's this time in the season we need that sort of home support we had today instead of the poor and comment by Chris_ktf saying that will be the last time he pays to get in this season.

Thought McLaughlin and Tope were superb in the second half. If we could get them two on the wings we could have a real attacking threat on our wings which we missed massively today. Would give Taylor and Holloway time together up top. Taylor can head a ball and strike a ball and wouldn't need the pace he lacks on the wings these days.

Thought Clarke looked like a player who had mixed loyalties today first poor game in the air for me today. Lost pretty much everything.

O'Neil isn't Half the player Palmer was. Can't defend for toffee.

Was surprised green didn't get moved to full back and pushed McLaughlin on the wing with tope on the other side.

I've been pretty much underwhelmed with Taylor since his return, thought he would have much more influence than what we've seen at present.

Hear hear. Utterly underwhelming since his return. Barring a miracle, back to Bolton at season end. If we do manage to stay up we need to pray that Sheridan stays and is given the funds to build a decent squad over the summer.

Taylors not half the player he used to be, it's sad but true.

I just think he's calmed down a bit but he hardly ever loses possession and consistently finds a blue shirt and that's a damn site better than some of the :censored:e we've endured this season.

A game we wanted 3 points from beforehand that became one we defended stoutly to get a creditable point against a better than expected in form Bury side...

You set of :censored:ing cranks....

'a better than expected in form bury side' ?

Contradiction in terms.

In all seriousness, it was game at home in which we offered absolutely nothing going forward, against a side with a very poor defensive record.

We've defended well for most of the season, agianst much better sides than Bury. So I expected that from us today. What I genuinely didn't expect was a Robinson-esque type performance going forward.

Competive largely dull draws at home won't keep us up.

Worst home performance since Sheridan came back today but still ground out a point.

Gerrard was awful for the first half an hour looked like he had lead boots on but turned it around and was my mom, Taylor has in my eyes always been vastly overrated and just because he's an "Oldham" lad doesn't make him the messiah, he has offered ball all since he came back and blowing out of his arse after 30 mins again. Holloway will never score 10+ a season but his hold up play is phenomenal and I'm not throwing that word around its like glue when it goes up to him and it's a good job because we are nothing without him, the ball would be coming back quicker than we punt it forward without him. Odebayi and Green positives from 2nd half but for his endeavour we have no outlet with him wide right because his steady nature is sideways or backwards. First half Bury were one of the best sides I have seen at BP this seaaon playing it quickly in pockets on a cabbage patch, 2nd half we matched them formation wise and made it a stalemate borathon. I feel it's going down to the wire for 21st spot and unless we learn how to create and score, Wimbledon is going to be very uncomfortable viewing last game