Big game, this one. Loser gets really dragged into things, especially if either Swindon or Vale, who play each other, win. We've been decent at home though, and sooner or later the Lee Clark effect will surely kick in...

I reckon Banks and Taylor in for the suspended Wilson and Croft. Could be Flynn or Fane instead of Taylor.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Although losing would not be the last throw of the dice it will be the first backward step since Shez took over.

Handing our home advantage to Sheffield and Bolton makes two difficult games almost impossible and although I think we can beat anyone in the division we can't beat everyone.

So not a must win but certainly a not lose. However if we lose than next Tuesday we would have to beat Oxford because otherwise momentum will be lost and that could signal the end.

Gutted Wilson is suspended for this one. Obviously Clarke and Ripley are the outstanding players this season but Wilson is rock solid too most games. Would be tempted to stick Fane in to harass them in midfield. The pitch is going to play a part in any passing and it not being a strong point of Fanes, I reckon we'd get more from him mixing it up (within reason) than we'd lose with his passing. Rather than Banks, who :censored:s out of tackles and passes backwards endlessly.

Clarke had a go at them in the dressing room at full time Vs Gillingham for trying to pass their way to goal instead of shooting when they had the opportunity, so I'd expect a few long range strikes from them on Saturday.

Their players really like him apparently, surprises me coz I've always thought he comes across as a right bellend.

Clarke had a go at them in the dressing room at full time Vs Gillingham for trying to pass their way to goal instead of shooting when they had the opportunity, so I'd expect a few long range strikes from them on Saturday.

Their players really like him apparently, surprises me coz I've always thought he comes across as a right bellend.

Its bloody Clark, Lee Clark

Fane is :censored:e, Banks has been decent last few appearances so for me will play if fit alongside O'Neill. No idea why there is this love in for Fane who simply tackles a bit but cannot play football.

His job is to break up play which he does well for someone who has only played a handful of games at this level. He's young with plenty time of time to learn. People like him because you're never going to see Fane back out of a tackle when the ball is there to be won, or not on a few occasions. But he can learn especially with more experienced players around him and Sheridan as his manager. He's never going to be pinging 40 yard defence splitting balls but neither does Kante for Chelsea. Win the ball and play it 5 yards to someone else. That's his job

His job is to break up play which he does well for someone who has only played a handful of games at this level. He's young with plenty time of time to learn. People like him because you're never going to see Fane back out of a tackle when the ball is there to be won, or not on a few occasions. But he can learn especially with more experienced players around him and Sheridan as his manager. He's never going to be pinging 40 yard defence splitting balls but neither does Kante for Chelsea. Win the ball and play it 5 yards to someone else. That's his job

Nice to find something we can agree on.

And all that in your post is exactly what we need tomorrow. Not a fanny who :censored:s himself in the tackle and looks good at a 3 yard sideways/backwards pass. It's difficult to explain this to the Banks fan club.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Gutted Wilson is suspended for this one. Obviously Clarke and Ripley are the outstanding players this season but Wilson is rock solid too most games. Would be tempted to stick Fane in to harass them in midfield. The pitch is going to play a part in any passing and it not being a strong point of Fanes, I reckon we'd get more from him mixing it up (within reason) than we'd lose with his passing. Rather than Banks, who :censored:s out of tackles and passes backwards endlessly.

Fane is :censored:e, Banks has been decent last few appearances so for me will play if fit alongside O'Neill. No idea why there is this love in for Fane who simply tackles a bit but cannot play football.

Nice to find something we can agree on.

And all that in your post is exactly what we need tomorrow. Not a fanny who :censored:s himself in the tackle and looks good at a 3 yard sideways/backwards pass. It's difficult to explain this to the Banks fan club.

Banks was :censored: therefore can never be good.

Top logic

So, as a compromise, we shouldn't play Banks because he doesn't tackle and we shouldn't play Fane because all he can do is tackle? :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

Agreed. Although losing would not be the last throw of the dice it will be the first backward step since Shez took over.

Handing our home advantage to Sheffield and Bolton makes two difficult games almost impossible and although I think we can beat anyone in the division we can't beat everyone.

So not a must win but certainly a not lose. However if we lose than next Tuesday we would have to beat Oxford because otherwise momentum will be lost and that could signal the end.

How are we handing over home advantage? They will make just as much noise whether there are 3200 or 4200 of them. It's up to our fans to try and match the noise which we can do if we pretend BP is an away ground.

Banks should be in ahead of Fane on current form and he will be.

Fane gives the ball away too often bearing in mind our manager made his reputation as a ball playing midfielder who is he going to prefer the one who's strength is passing or the one who can run and tackle but gives it away.

Edited by GlossopLatic

They couldn't beat us when Robbo was manager so there's no chance they will beat us now, must win for me and its a great opportunity to better our goal difference against one of our closest rivals, I will be disappointed if we don't take it to them and have a real good go, six points from tomorrow and Tuesday is a must for me with the run of games we've got coming up.

Ripley

McLaughlin

Clarke

Gerrard

Hunt

Green

O'Neill

Fane

Banks

Obadeyi

Holloway

Green was immense when we played them away lets hope for more of the same tomorrow.