Oxford (h)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said I'm leaving, Its a matter of principal, there seems no way to unsubscribe from this website so I just won't post or log into it as from now. .

The majority on here are fine, but I'm afraid its its been spoiled by a minority I can't relate to.

Hope you change your mind.

I have said I'm leaving, Its a matter of principal, there seems no way to unsubscribe from this website so I just won't post or log into it as from now. .

The majority on here are fine, but I'm afraid its its been spoiled by a minority I can't relate to.

Totally your decision BP, but I wouldn't let all that is posted on here or anywhere else for that matter as a personal insult. Sometimes it just better to ignore it and move on, there as some decent posters on here.

Also in the interest of balance can I also say there are some Pillocks on here.

Edited by disjointed

Some people just criticise for the sake of it, Erwin's been poor for a lot the season.... granted. But, he was fine in the last game he started at home, had :censored: service all night, won headers he had a chance of winning etc etc. People still slated him for not putting 'effort' in.

Im sure some just want to see him fail cause he had a poor start and isn't one of our own. I love Holloway, you know what you're getting with him but, he can't finish for toffee as shown last night, if those chances fell to erwin he would've got at least 2 more goals, Holl had 4 good chances to score.

End of the day, he's won us 5 points from games due to getting the winner, we'd be in a horrible position if it's wasn't for his recent goals. Give him a bit of credit without criticism for a change, that'd be nice.

Woman who sits behind me has been slagging erwin off all season. When he was subbed last night she was apoplectic.

For God's sake Shez leave him on to let him get his hat trick.

I love us footie fans☺

Edited by astottie

Totally your decision BP, but I wouldn't let all that is posted on here or anywhere else for that matter as a personal insult. Sometimes it just better to ignore it and move on, there as some decent posters on here.

I don't think it is a matter of personal insult here it is more the fact that someone has posted a frankly disgusting comment and nothing is done about it by a moderator. If you can get away with it once it only continues as the perpetrator knows he can hide behind a keyboard and continue-it only gets worse. The board loses a good poster and we are all the poorer for it.

I don't think it is a matter of personal insult here it is more the fact that someone has posted a frankly disgusting comment and nothing is done about it by a moderator. If you can get away with it once it only continues as the perpetrator knows he can hide behind a keyboard and continue-it only gets worse. The board loses a good poster and we are all the poorer for it.

Agreed.

Not sure why the post was not removed, or at least a warning to say not appropriate.

Not going to boycott, and hope BP1960 changes his mind. Don't always agree, but always posts with opinions and backs them up with reasoning without resorting to abuse.

For all the talk of moderators not taking action, no one (not even BP1960) reported the post until less than an hour ago. Thanks for that opinions4u. If you're going to get all worked up over it, at least try to help us out FFS.

For all the talk of moderators not taking action, no one (not even BP1960) reported the post until less than an hour ago. Thanks for that opinions4u. If you're going to get all worked up over it, at least try to help us out FFS.

Hang on, you're telling us that you don't scrutinise and evaluate every single post as soon as it hits the board?

What are we paying you guys for?

Oops the board headmaster tells us we have to move on and simply ignore anything he 'clearly' thinks is tongue in cheek. Clear thinking has never really been your forte has it?

The fact that no one was named makes it all OK. Wow!!

Well he hasn't threatened anyone has he? BP made it out to be the worst thing he's ever come across.

Read it, think to yourself "that's a :censored: thing to say" and the world keeps turning. Nobody has been hurt.

Giggling quietly to myself. I wasn't particularly worked up over it - just thought I'd test the alarm bell lol.

Of course it wasn't a personal insult, it wasn't aimed at BP, I am not condoning what was posted by Monty, but if you are going to get all worked up about throwaway, ill judged comments then perhaps a message board isn't the sort of place you should be frequenting.

As Stevie says just report it and move on.

And so to football. Everyone of our players will benefit from being asked to do what they know and like best. I don't fault Erwin for his effort under Robbo but he had to run all over the place instead of staying at the front of the team when he probably would have scored more goals. I know Costa covers most of the pitch and defends corners but most of the time he loiters where he can be most effective.

I can never understand how people get so offended by stuff written on websites - you hear worse walking down the street every day of the week.

It's just words on a forum - there are far worse things in the world to get upset about.

I suppose peoples tolerance levels vary dependant on the environment you live and work in.

And so to football. Everyone of our players will benefit from being asked to do what they know and like best. I don't fault Erwin for his effort under Robbo but he had to run all over the place instead of staying at the front of the team when he probably would have scored more goals. I know Costa covers most of the pitch and defends corners but most of the time he loiters where he can be most effective.

Watch Erwin's movement off the ball for both of his goals on Tuesday. For the first, he moves into the penalty area following up the Taylor/Holloway move and is justly rewarded. For the second he can see him, arm raised in the penalty area prior to McGlaughlin putting the cross into the box.

Signed, sealed and delivered.