Oxford (h)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripley - some great stops. Should have stayed on his feet rather than commit but we can forgive him 1 mistake.

Hunt - unlucky to get injured was doing ok

Gerrard - solid tonight

Clarke - usual solid self some great blocks 1st half

Wilson - Mr reliable good performance

McLaughlin - excellent. What a ball for the goal. Great signing by Robbo

Green - MOTM for me. He was everywhere. Oustanding

Banks - someone try telling me he played well while keeping a straight face

Taylor - a lot better tonight. Played some good balls

Holloway - missed 2 sitters 3rd chance looked like it crossed line but his hold up play is fantastic

Erwin - was in the right position for 1st goal and took his 2nd really well. Looked fired up tonight

Law - good solid game when he came on. Must have pissed sheridan off to not be allowed on set pieces.

Cheers for that - these player overviews are great for Latics exiles like myself, gives a good overview despite and possibly because of the debate that follows.

Ripley - awesome as usual. At fault for the penalty but wouldn't have had to do what he did were it not for Law's ineptitude.

Hunt - was doing ok

Gerrard - solid & calm

Clarke - not himself tonight. Got done several times and his distribution was poor and some of his heading aimless. Still some good stuff though to come in with a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Wilson - Tremendous. He seems to have found an extra 2 yards of pace and a load more skill.

McLaughlin - excellent. What a ball for the goal. Great signing by Robbo. Going to be a very good player for OAFC or get us some very good money.

Green - 110%. Untidy but makes up for it with his effort.

Banks - not as good as he's been pf late, not as bad as he used to be

Taylor - finally a few glimpses of the Taylor we know and love. Spent a lot of the second half being ignored when telling Law where left back was.

Holloway - immense. The goals will come but it doesn't really matter that much if they don't

Erwin - his usual self apart from the goals. No problem at all with that. Long may it continue.

Law - shocking. I know he was out of position but, :censored:ing hell :lol:

Obadeyi - not on long but did OK. I really like him and would like to see his deal extended now.

Fane - had even less to do than Tope.

Anyone sit near the absolute tool in the MSU who can't wait for Banks to make a mistake? Real boo boy is Banks.

No doubt there are a few. Certainly a few around me who never let up. He could be on the bench and they would blame Banks for not marking someone.

Ripley - awesome as usual. At fault for the penalty but wouldn't have had to do what he did were it not for Law's ineptitude.

Hunt - was doing ok

Gerrard - solid & calm

Clarke - not himself tonight. Got done several times and his distribution was poor and some of his heading aimless. Still some good stuff though to come in with a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Wilson - Tremendous. He seems to have found an extra 2 yards of pace and a load more skill.

McLaughlin - excellent. What a ball for the goal. Great signing by Robbo. Going to be a very good player for OAFC or get us some very good money.

Taylor - finally a few glimpses of the Taylor we know and love. Spent a lot of the second half being ignored when telling Law where left back was.

Holloway - immense. The goals will come but it doesn't really matter that much if they don't

Erwin - his usual self apart from the goals. No problem at all with that. Long may it continue.

Obadeyi - not on long but did OK. I really like him and would like to see his deal extended now.

SC will love your comment we could get money for McLaughlin.

Most played well tonight, but I have to agree Law looked lost at left back.

With Hunt injured this is becoming a worrying potion.

Edited by BP1960

Hunt - was doing ok

Gerrard - solid & calm

All that is great to read. Surely more confidence in the squad now. Sheridan is working miracles as far as I can see. Massive result tonight. One I believe Sheridan can use to instill confidence and aggression.

I think his kids will be getting Easter eggs - which is good news all round!

Anyone sit near the absolute tool in the MSU who can't wait for Banks to make a mistake? Real boo boy is Banks.

I don't think it's that people can't wait for him to make a mistake it's that he constantly makes them and constantly gets bullied off the ball or doesn't look interested in getting it. Then he makes the most ridiculous foul and gets a needless yellow. Penalty stemmed from him not being able to play a 3 yard ball to green. He had improved but Saturday and tonight he was woeful. Give me someone who is up for a battle all day long over Banks. Fane may not have the ability but :censored: me he'll close players down and fight for every ball

I sit in the MSU and i am a vocal critic of Banks,

He's lazy and a prima dona that a relegation threatened club can't afford.

He puts our team under more pressure that he does the opposition.

His stupidy tonight cost us a goal , his weak misplaced pass lead to the penalty, he could have reduced us to ten men with his ridiculous challenge on a guy near the touchline going nowhere.

His defending is poor at best and is always liable to give silly free kicks away in dangerous areas.

Yes i vocally criticize him when he makes mistakes because he does more than anybody else,backs out of tackles and contributes little in a game.

I pay my money and am entitled to my opinion that Banks is :censored:.

I don't like him and wish he never played for us.

Edited by losesome

Banks didn't have a great game but his ball out to Mclaughlin in the build up to our second was an absolute beauty, I've seen improvement in the lad and he at least shows some desire now, he can't tackle but at least he will press his man and there has been a definite improvement in him since Shez came back, thought Green was immense though and it's really clicked for him recently.

Banks didn't have a great game but his ball out to Mclaughlin in the build up to our second was an absolute beauty, I've seen improvement in the lad and he at least shows some desire now, he can't tackle but at least he will press his man and there has been a definite improvement in him since Shez came back, thought Green was immense though and it's really clicked for him recently.

That is a more balanced review of Banks, he certainly wasn't woeful or :censored: as some have alluded to.

Also decent away support that for a Tuesday night, I know we were poor on Saturday but we lost 1700 fans tonight.

Edited by disjointed

Excellent performance against a very decent side, could have been about 3-3 by half time, we missed a couple of good chances, Ripley made one excellent save and they also missed a very easy looking opportunity as well.

Taylor (especially first half) had his best game since his return.

Green works so hard, he covered every grain of sand.

Holloway really gives us that hold up outlet up front and deserves great credit for our first goal.

Erwin at last has started to find the net, invaluable goals tonight.

Banks is a real enigma, he got Gerrard booked in the first half after yet another half hearted challenge, which left us exposed and caused Gerrard to bring down there player in a dangerous position, on the edge of the box, but his distribution can be excellent at times and sets up some great moves going forward.

Wilson was generally pretty solid but got skinned alive twice by there winger, which could have caused us more problems than it actually did.

Gerrard and Clarke both very solid games again.

Mclaughlin always looks dangerous with his pace and a great delivery for Erwin's second.

Overall a good performance and a massive 3 points, especially as Port Vale lost.

Gerrard did take a booking for Banks but then went on and gave Hunt a right bollocking which I thought was a little unfair, after that incident Hunt mysteriously started limping and I'm not really sure he has enough about him to put his body on the line in a relegation dogfight, for me despite his undoubted ability he needs to man up a bit.

Gerrard did take a booking for Banks but then went on and gave Hunt a right bollocking which I thought was a little unfair, after that incident Hunt mysteriously started limping and I'm not really sure he has enough about him to put his body on the line in a relegation dogfight, for me despite his undoubted ability he needs to man up a bit.

So u think he feigned injury with a bout of losers limp ? Seems a bit far fetched to me that Yd73. Don't think you get that from pro footballers do u ? And like u said he has ability, who else would you rather see there ? And where the :censored: is Duminhamgamanana ?

He bollocked Hunt for giving Banks a short pass that was 5 yards too short in 15, Banks should have gotten there first though. I wouldn't be surprised if Hunt did a bit more damage to his bad leg making the pass though.

I can see what Banks brings to the table, and if he upped his effort/workrate he probably wouldn't be playing for us. If he plays well so do we, but the same could be said of a few others including those who were on the bench, Flynn being the prime example.