Peterborough

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interested to hear from one 1 of the 332 (poor following by our standards) as to how we played?

Thought we played well, them bringing on Maddison, who is a good player at this level when he can be arsed, was the turnaround. Point definitely the fair result.

The ref probably should have forced them to take their throw-in that led to their goal from 5 yards further back, but I'm not sure if it was their throw to begin with.

Also Morris was lucky to be on the pitch, I've seen players booked for his celebration, and he'd been booked before his goal too but in some ways if we are going to call him fat, and he is fat, then he has every right to mock us when he scores.

Little bit worried about the form of Clarke, CMS got the better of him today and some of it was done with his brain.

Green MOTM, Erwin and Ripley both played well.

Not there so only speculating but surely Fane should be brought on to sure us up in midfield and see the game out?

He was bringing Fane on with Ngoo, but Gerrard got injured and Erwin was knackered, so he brought Reckord on for Gerrard, moving Wilson inside and Ngoo a straight swap for Erwin

Edited by rudemedic

i've always been a big chris taylor fan but not sure what he is bringing to the team, very poor today (apart from a couple of tackles) gave the ball away too much, doesn't seem to be too much in the tank when running back. Maybe i'm tainted by the memories of how he used to be, Doesn't seem to be too much conversation between him and the rest of the team either.

Foul in the build up to their goal not spotted by the ref AGAIN. he seemed to become Peterborough's 12th man once they scored.

great support from the travelling fans again.

Lee Erwin's first touch is :censored: ??????

You've got to wonder what some people watch. It was so evident from the start he's one of the more talented players at the club.

What a :censored:ing goal that was. For all the :censored:e, Banks can make a pass. If he had the right mentality he'd be some player at this level.

Edited by NewBlue

i've always been a big chris taylor fan but not sure what he is bringing to the team, very poor today (apart from a couple of tackles) gave the ball away too much, doesn't seem to be too much in the tank when running back. Maybe i'm tainted by the memories of how he used to be, Doesn't seem to be too much conversation between him and the rest of the team either.

Foul in the build up to their goal not spotted by the ref AGAIN. he seemed to become Peterborough's 12th man once they scored.

great support from the travelling fans again.

I take it you wasn't at the Oxford game then He put 4 glorious chances on a plate that were not taken. I didn't go today so can't comment on that. But it would be nice for the knockers to give some credit when due

Just back after the coach had to be replaced on way back.Fair result although their goal followed a quick throw in 10 yards further up the pitch from where it should have been

Great volley and all put a shift in .Green was good.Seems Shez is getting the players confidence up and ability to graft more.Good away support of about 350 who chanted throughout.

Did not like their striker who scored and gave it out to our fans who then cheered when he missed a good chance.A well earned point

Pretty good game that. Holloway and Erwin did a good job up front and we looked well organised and committed across the pitch.

Fantastic ball by Banks to pick out Erwin who finished brilliantly on the volley

In fairness, their sub Junior Morris was bound to score after our fans had given him dog's abuse as he was warming up. He celebrated with the old sssshhhhhh sign in front of us and frankly I would have done the same if I was him! Hilarious when he missed a sitter 5 minutes later! All good banter but he really should choose the salad at least once a week, he's 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide :)

Taylor was poor today and, as Shez said, we should have done better with our possession but no complaints with the effort from everyone and they looked gutted to have not won at the end.

I just hope Gerrard and AAH are ok

KTF

Can't believe anyone would have a problem with a player enjoying a goal after we'd been giving him :censored: before he came on. It's not even like there was history like when we told Ronnie's lad his mum was a whore for an hour. How delicate are we?

Sounded like a decent point won in the end going by LP commentary. Bit worried about the injuries mounting up. Hunt, Gerrard, Holloway missing will hurt us. I expected us to wane as the game wore on today after a hard fought win on Tuesday. The comments about Taylor, I wonder if he found it hard going today after the good performance and excessive coming back to cover at LB on Tuesday. Same with Gerrard who was commenting about his legs on twitter on Tuesday night.

A good point and a weeks rest now. Onwards and upwards.

How are your predictions going?

I said weeks ago that this is going to the wire and nothing has changed my mind.We would be dead and buried by now if Shez had not come on board.Just annoyed he did not stay but that is life and most would have done the same

Currently 2pts ahead. Predicted 6pts from last 5 games. I had predicted a Swindon revival and a sharp Shrewsbury fall who take the last spot. Looking now like it's Vale doing the revival instead. Shrewsbury hopefully sticking to my plan ? (They've got Bolton, B.Rovers, Millwall & Rochdale in next 4 games.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

Pretty much echo what's been said about the game.

We started well. Banks cross for the goal was sublime and the finish magnificent. Peterborough had a lot of possession after that and got a lot of joy attacking Wilson. Ripley made some good saves and there were a couple of impressive last gasp blocks by our centre backs.

Second half they brought on Maddison who played on their left. This took the pressure off Wilson and I thought we'd get the win. But a quick throw from ten yards further forwards than it should have been caught us napping and a great cross led to an easy header.

Their scorer should have won it for them and Tope missed a one on one chance when he mis-controlled after being tugged back a little.

Our fans were loud, if short on numbers. How many times has Holloway left the field injured now? Hope Gerrard recovers this week although he looked large in the white shirt.

Almost the classic back to the wall away performance. Just one lapse.

Edited by opinions4u

Throw taken from the wrong place? That would be like 99% of all throws in every game then! Good committed performance. Green outstanding, Gerrard painfully slow.

True but 10 yards? Also it was the sneaky way he did it.He started walking back towards where it should havebeen taken and then quick as a flash turned round and took it.Still a faìr result though.On another moan thought the seats were rubbish with hardly any leg room.Thank goodness I was near the front and had a spare seat in frront to ŕest my feet on!

He just likes being out and about doing stuff. He is autistic and not always easy to know how much attention he is paying to an event.

know where your coming from Dave my lad is the same was difficult to tell if he was focusing on the game or something else around the stadium but he did enjoy the experience most times especially when we won

tho he did have a rather embarrassing habit of spending his monday break repeating some of the chaddys more ribald ditties to the whole yard much to the disapproval of his headmistress .