Southend match

Booked  coach and match tickets today and again another vital game to get at least a point.Been there a few times before with mainly good results.Seem to recall us winning 3 on the trot but may be mistaken?.Will be tough and Ranger was good when they came here.Wish we had him.

Our team is playing a lot better since Shez took over and has got the players confidence improved so fear no one and I feel we can win this one.If not it will be a  big disappointment but  wont be the first time I have made a long trip for nowt to show for it

Im going for a 2-1 win.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough one to call. At BP Nile Ranger gave our defence a torrid time. Their home form is a little inconsistent so difficult to predict. Hopefully we will have Holloway back along with McGlaughlin. If so, also hope that we stick with two strikers with Erwin playing.

i'd take a point.

Record since relegation in 1994

Sept '94 L0-1 (my only visit sharp 2 disallowed goals and red card for Gerrard. Last minute winner from Otto)

April '96 D1-1 Creaney

November '96 D1-1 Redmond

October '97 D1-1 Barlow

Sept '05 L1-2 Wellens

Dec '07 W1-0 Hughes

Nov '08 W2-1 Taylor, Hughes

Sept '09 W1-0 Abbott (pen)

Dec '11 D1-1 FAC Wesolowski

April '16 W1-0 Main

hoping for another positive result 

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

These are a good team in form and I think we'll lose this one.

I agree.

Fleetwood, Rochdale and Wimbledon are the games where I feel we can pick up points. 

Southend and Bristol Rovers are excellent at home and Bolton have hit great form.

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

I agree.

Fleetwood, Rochdale and Wimbledon are the games where I feel we can pick up points. 

Southend and Bristol Rovers are excellent at home and Bolton have hit great form.

As good as they are at home, by the time we play Bristol they'll have nothing to play for, so I fancy our chances. With Bolton, I fancy us at home to anybody - we've lost one of the last 8 at home.

2 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Record since relegation in 1994

Sept '94 L0-1 (my only visit sharp 2 disallowed goals and red card for Gerrard. Last minute winner from Otto)

April '96 D1-1 Creaney

November '96 D1-1 Redmond

October '97 D1-1 Barlow

Sept '05 L1-2 Wellens

Dec '07 W1-0 Hughes

Nov '08 W2-1 Taylor, Hughes

Sept '09 W1-0 Abbott (pen)

Dec '11 D1-1 FAC Wesolowski

April '16 W1-0 Main

hoping for another positive result 

Didn't Richardson score a pen there in November 96...?

46 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I am getting to Southend for 12 o'clock and staying for the weekend with the family. Can anyone recommend any pre and post match pubs?

For pre match I would look at the OASIS plans, the Railway Tavern might be the 1st port of call then work from there. 

What the fuck's happened there? From sounding like the better side, to conceding three against ten men. Would've expected that under some of the past managers, but not under Shez, or a side led by Gerrard and Clarke etc.

Bit confused about this one. Definitely one to knock the confidence in what's becoming a more crucial run-in.