Excellent news for overseas fans

26 minutes ago, youngen said:

As I have just moved abroad, this couldn't have been timed more perfectly. No longer have to go and spend £9 a pint in the Irish bar to be able to get my football fix!

£9 a pint....Christ where do you live youngen?

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That would be cheap in somewhere like Norway or Sweden.

46 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

£9 a pint....Christ where do you live youngen?

Moved to Copenhagen. You can get shitty lager for cheaper, but if you want and IPA or Guiness its about that price in the irish pubs. Need to find a more local pub that serves cheaper ale and has the footy on, but I am yet to!

15 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Be for 46 games, home and away surely.

Works out at £2.40 per game.....an absolute godsend if you live abroad!

15 hours ago, disjointed said:

Tis a bargain if for 46 games, just imagine after the 1st game of next season on here.

"You've paid £300 for a season ticket to watch that shite"

The article says up to 46 games.

You not reckon there could be a way around this just by using a VPN add-on like Hola?

That's what I do now to watch shows only available to USA residents on Fox TV online.

I wonder if it will be possible to pay per game when abroad? Just thinking of the times people go abroad during the season and will have access to wifi (which is more and more these days) to watch any games you might miss while being away. Or will it be 110 quid all in!

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Think it will be similar to Latics player, subscription per month maybe? First month free and a tenner a month thereafter

That wouldn't be too bad then. Especially if you get the free month and just cancel with no fee when you get home.

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Think it will be similar to Latics player, subscription per month maybe? First month free and a tenner a month thereafter

I'm not too sure on that, I think the £110 makes it look that way. This is an 'equivalent' amount though and is around the 140-50 EUR/USD mark and will probably be a 1 off.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

You not reckon there could be a way around this just by using a VPN add-on like Hola?

That's what I do now to watch shows only available to USA residents on Fox TV online.

It works for Netflix US and other services (I hear ?) so why wouldn't it for this.  Should be fine. 

"Vast majority of clubs have signed up.."

So only games of teams that have signed up will be available.

If Latics are one, then home games will be available, but away games would depend on the "home club" having also signed up - so may not be all away games.

VPN will no doubt get you access to the streaming site, but it's the "equivalent to £110 a season" that might be the issue.

Payment will be electronic, and therefore via a Bank Transfer or credit/debit card - guessing the billing address might be the tricky point? No payment accepted from a U.K. Billing

address?

Paypal might solve, but I think they are still linked to your billing address?  Get an overseas friend to buy and share details, and transfer the cash to them maybe.

£110 for the season is tempting for away games and home matches you cannot make 

23 hours ago, dec666 said:

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/live-streaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-efl-fans-3703978.aspx

All EFL games now available to stream via a subscription service for those overseas.

This is good amount of groundhoppers who have come to Latics and messaged us asking if i know of any streams.

VPN will work fine and if you go for a paid service you should get a relatively stable connection. 

When all the details come out ill put some stuff together to assist the less technical. Working in IT has its benefits every now and again! 

17 hours ago, HKLatic said:

This is great news for us living abroad but I do have an overriding feeling of concern I must admit. There is always a way to access these streams on the internet these days- people in the UK who want to get it will be able to surely if they want it enough! Just seems surprising that the vast majority of clubs have signed up to this; hopefully I'm talking nonsense but won't the adverse effect of lost ticket sales outweigh the relatively small income from fans abroad?

It would bother me greatly if some pubs in Oldham started showing the games using a VPN. Whether it's something to be really concerned about, we probably won't know until it happens. 

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It would bother me greatly if some pubs in Oldham started showing the games using a VPN. Whether it's something to be really concerned about, we probably won't know until it happens. 

or in the world of social media someone Facebook its lives off there phone.