Just now, nzlatic said:

Does anyone know if midweek games are now available to watch on ifollow in the UK? There was talk of it. And does this include league cup games? (Not sure why I’m using the plural)

They did it with Checkatrade games last season.

Just now, nzlatic said:

Does anyone know if midweek games are now available to watch on ifollow in the UK? There was talk of it. And does this include league cup games? (Not sure why I’m using the plural)

I think Sam said on Saturday League cup games aren’t available.

My understanding from last season is that Tuesday Chekatrade and a Tuesday league games will be

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They did it with Checkatrade games last season.

35 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I think Sam said on Saturday League cup games aren’t available.

My understanding from last season is that Tuesday Chekatrade and a Tuesday league games will be

Cheers 

20 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Crap again...keeps going off. Anyone else having problems?

It was one of the other radio stations which Roy had done a favour for kept cutting us off. Roy said he won't be doing it for them again.

24 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

What vpn you been using mate? Cheers

Wasn’t using a VPN here mate as was just listening to commentary. Last season I used Opera browser as it has a built in VPN. I found it to be quite slow so once you’ve bought the match pass and you’re on the stream turn off the VPN and reload the page and it still played like normal. Not sure if it works this year though. 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:57 PM, BJBlue said:

I've e mailed and asked for a refund. 

Good luck with that. I cancelled with 3 months still left....not a dickie bird. Hospital radio provided a better service for free....giving my age away now lol

I think there was a post on the fisul site about the issue with iFollow on Saturday so I dropped them a line to which they have responded.

Dear iFollow,

I have been a subscriber of the various services that have offered online match commentary of Oldham Athletic matches for as long as I can remember and have received a substandard service in return for my subscription fees throughout. None of the service providers offering this service have been as bad as iFollow.

In the early days it was acceptable to have a poor service as the technology was new, however these are now tried and tested technologies and the customer expectation is much higher yet your iFollow offering falls far short of what is considered acceptable these days.

Firstly, on Saturday 11th August 2018 it took until about 15:15 for the commentary to start being broadcast. The preceding 15 minutes comprised of your “Thank you for subscribing to iFollow, your match will resume shortly” recorded message for 15 FUCKING MINUTES! I could follow the match via fans posting on twitter or other websites but not through the service I pay for!

Once the commentary started it was fine until half time when the same bastard message is played on a loop for 15 or so minutes! I understand that you will have systems in place to detect against dead air but for fucks sake! What am I supposed to do for 15 minutes whilst that brain prolapsing inducing shite just goes on and on….. If I mute it I miss the match restarting, if I leave it playing I lose more of my grip on sanity that is already weak from having to support a team who now time waste at 1-1 in the pissing 4th division away to Forest Green

Anything, literally ANYTHING would be better than the current stock music and far too oft repeated “Thank you for subscribing to iFollow, your match will resume shortly”. Whale noise, classical, 80s classics, the sound of an abattoir taking delivery of a full flock of sheep and stamping them to death or even a recording of my parents having enthusiastic sex would be preferable to what you currently provide.

Seriously, this is your second season, how are you still pumping this tosh out? It makes me want to chew my own feet off at half time but to have to put up with it for the first fucking fifteen minutes of the match as well? That’s taking it too fucking far. I’m aware of what I’m attempting to listen to, it’s a Saturday or Tuesday and there is a Latics away fixture, who is this message even designed for? You aren’t going to attract new customers with this, you’re going to struggle to keep the ones you do have!

Please, please, pretty fucking please change it in time for the Yeovil away fixture on 21st August. I know it is part of your dead-air failsafe but   I don’t know how much more I can take of it!

They have replied with:

Thank you for your detailed and in depth critique of our service.

We are working to make improvements to have the service running at a exceptional level.

We are aware of an issue with the feed during the last game that caused some subscribers to miss part of the live action.

First of all we would like to apologise for the inconvenience this caused and assure you that we are working with everyone involved to make sure we deliver a reliable and enjoyable service at all times.

We have identified what the cause of the issue was and a fix has been put in place to make sure that this does not affect games in the future

Once again we would like apologies for the inconvenience this caused and thank you for your patience and understanding whilst this issue was fixed.

Kind regards

Joseph,iFollow support

• Like 1

Joseph is the one who replied to a couple of emails I sent them last season. He didn't really address the issues I raised and, eventually, some other geezer took over until they decided to not reply at all.

You really would think they'd have it cracked by now.

Yup, I've got a bad back and not been able to make it. I think Joseph will be getting another email. I've signed in late but it looks like they might not have gotten to the bottom of the issues as it sounds like they are having to do the commentary over the phone.

It does lend it that lovely 1980s feel when they used to do radio and TV commentary from places like Red Star Belgrade over a crackly line rather than something that is being transmitted from Oldham, via a high speed network connection. I was having a shit day at work when I wrote my other email and it was a wonderful stress reliever, I've got another bad day lined up for Monday so can put 15 mins aside to mail Joseph.

I'm going to kick off even though I think all football commentary should be done with that late 70/80s telephone effect, make it sound like it matters.

Roy and Sam did their best to fill half time with chat about Lee Croft and Brian Horton then commentated through the AC Tyres challenge but I think Roy needed a 'comfort break' so they are taking a break and there was dead air.... I forgot what I was listening to and the silence continued.........  Luckily du di du di duuuu di duuu di duuuu came in and a soothing voice telling me that "You'll be back after half time...." on repeat forever!

47 minutes ago, beag_teeets said:

Yup, I've got a bad back and not been able to make it. I think Joseph will be getting another email. I've signed in late but it looks like they might not have gotten to the bottom of the issues as it sounds like they are having to do the commentary over the phone.

It does lend it that lovely 1980s feel when they used to do radio and TV commentary from places like Red Star Belgrade over a crackly line rather than something that is being transmitted from Oldham, via a high speed network connection. I was having a shit day at work when I wrote my other email and it was a wonderful stress reliever, I've got another bad day lined up for Monday so can put 15 mins aside to mail Joseph.

I'm going to kick off even though I think all football commentary should be done with that late 70/80s telephone effect, make it sound like it matters.

That brain prolapse inducing music has just kicked in again pal

It cuts right through me. Thankfully they are back and still sound like they are broadcasting from Bucharest. I'd nipped for a pee but Roy's just said they missed the start. I know it doesn't really matter but it is a bloody laughable service, they need to stream two 50 minute blocks of audio, it isn't rocket surgery.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Roy and Sam, or is it Mike? Sorry. They do a really good job with the tools they've got to work with

8 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Working well in Brissie. Listening to Cast currently!

Commentary is a couple of secs in front but other than that, it is fine.

If your commentary is a few seconds in front please could you let me know if we score so I can get a bet on? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beag_teeets said:

It cuts right through me. Thankfully they are back and still sound like they are broadcasting from Bucharest. I'd nipped for a pee but Roy's just said they missed the start. I know it doesn't really matter but it is a bloody laughable service, they need to stream two 50 minute blocks of audio, it isn't rocket surgery.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Roy and Sam, or is it Mike? Sorry. They do a really good job with the tools they've got to work with

one of the worst services I've endured