36 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The email address is ifollow@efl.com

Go for it, singe. The more complaints they get, the more we would hope they resolve the problems. I still can't get my head around the fact that they can automatically transfer a monthly Direct Debit, but not an annual one.

Cheers.

Very bizarre.

It must be quite common if a company takes over another in other types of business.

They don't seem that bothered that you might cancel.

42 minutes ago, another fan said:

Thanks to all that have posted on here. Still far from being mobile and unable to get out. Your experiences have persuaded me NOT to subscribe.to it as  it appears to be far from value for money 

The video service is normally faultless for me (abroad). Extremely worth the money in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

(So if those paying monthly by Direct Debit just carry on, but those paying annually by Direct Debit can't automatically renew, can someone in the banking industry please explain the difference between a monthly and annual Direct Debit?)

I don't know as I pay yearly but the monthly payments may be by card payment? There's different regulations around Direct Debit and Continuous Payment Authority for card payments (leave it Bosch :wink: )- this may be an explanation for the different situations. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

6 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I don't know as I pay yearly but the monthly payments may be by card payment? There's different regulations around Direct Debit and Continuous Payment Authority for card payments (leave it Bosch :wink: )- this may be an explanation for the different situations. 

You may well have hit the nail on the head but, if that's the case, an explanation from iFollow would have helped. It's as though they don't want to give too much information away.

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

You may well have hit the nail on the head but, if that's the case, an explanation from iFollow would have helped. It's as though they don't want to give too much information away.

When does their contract run out?

I always got the impression that they were overwhelmed by the numbers of people signing up for this service and I didn't really expect too much improvement at first. I would imagine most of the first half of the year would have been subscription and log in issues so maybe now we can get them to fine tune their product.

Be reminded that many of you subscribing are doing so in contradiction of the service agreement and getting too vocal/nasty may see you denied a service ( Not aimed at you Bristols )

On 2/23/2018 at 3:35 PM, jorvik_latic said:

Just a follow up on this. It had nothing to do with card payments.

This is an extract from the original email I received when the service was changing to iFollow.

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit: 
The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. 
For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit: 
- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription. 

So, again, what the hell is the difference between a monthly and annual Direct Debit?  It makes no sense to me.

9 hours ago, singe said:

Is the fact the chaps are using their phones down to iFollow?

It wasn't down to iFollow just for a change. There was no ISDN for Roy and Sam to connect to, so they had to use a mobile. It was Scunny's fault.

8 hours ago, dazzman07 said:

The quality of the commentary is shite today

See above

14 minutes ago, manshaw said:

The quality of the whole package is shite!  I agree!

Edited by Bristolatic

More stupidity from Ifollow yesterday. 

My annual subscription lapsed and I couldn't find anywhere on the website to renew it. There is only a free pass, a match pass and a monthly subscription which works out more than a yearly subscription. I sent them a message asking where I could buy the yearly subscription, only to be told that as we are half way through the season they are no longer offering the annual subscription. It makes no sense.

I therefore bought the monthly subscription which I will cancel at the end of the season and buy the yearly before the season starts.

17 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

It wasn't down to iFollow just for a change. There was no ISDN for Roy and Sam to connect to, so they had to use a mobile. It was Scunny's fault.

See above

No such problems for BBC Radio Manchester. 

15 hours ago, al_bro said:

More stupidity from Ifollow yesterday. 

My annual subscription lapsed and I couldn't find anywhere on the website to renew it. There is only a free pass, a match pass and a monthly subscription which works out more than a yearly subscription. I sent them a message asking where I could buy the yearly subscription, only to be told that as we are half way through the season they are no longer offering the annual subscription. It makes no sense.

I therefore bought the monthly subscription which I will cancel at the end of the season and buy the yearly before the season starts.

Oh, brilliant. Mine expires on Friday, so I suppose I'll have the same problem.

And here we go again. Oliver has obviously given up, so I've got Joseph dealing with it. And it confirms what al_bro says above. This is his email to me.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that your season pass subscription will end on 9/3/2018.

At this time we only offer the monthly subscriptions as you know as we are 2/3's way through the season.

The monthly payments from our customer are charged as a recurring payment rather than a direct debit for £4.49 on the date you take out the subscription.

The reason the season pass direct debits were not carried over due the direct debit being with the previous service provider. 

A direct debit mandate is assigned with  one company and cannot be transferred over to another company.

So in this instance customer had their subscriptions carried over but not the direct direct debits thus why we have told customers to re subscribe again after their subscription expire.

In terms of the monthly package or the season package, in the UK both are audio subscriptions and give the same access to the VOD content and full match replays.

If you have any additional queries please contact us again.

Kind regards

Joseph,iFollow support

My reply regarding the Direct Debit lark

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply. I, along with many others, share your hopes that the problems with iFollow are now a thing of the past. At over 30 games into the season, I think that is the least we can expect.

I would, however, reiterate that the situation with monthly and annual renewals does not make any sense. This quote is an extract directly from the original email I received from iFollow: 
For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit: 
The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. 
For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit: 
- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription. 

Can someone please explain how a monthly Direct Debit differs from an annual Direct Debit? It's another surefire way of alienating a section of fans.

I'll have another go at them later about the annual subscription not being available because the season is only part way through. I'm like a dog with a bone now. Next stop EFL.
Edited by Bristolatic

It seems pretty simple really, i-follow took over the annual subscriptions from the previous provider until the year covered was up. Then you take out a monthly subscription until you can renew annually at a date when i-follow allow. My annual subs. ran out in January and I've been paying monthly since then until the annual subscription date arrives. Obviously i-follow only took over the annual renewals not the monthly ones.