Oldham v Wigan

I remember when shitty little Wigan first came up to League One. It seemed grim as fuck that they were then our closest thing to a rivalry.

Now 20 years later it'll be them thinking that about us. FFS. 

And for all those who insist we'll never get 7,8,9,10k crowds again even if we went up - Wigan averaged 1,748 in 94/95 then 9,467 in 15/16 back in this league.

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

And for all those who insist we'll never get 7,8,9,10k crowds again even if we went up - Wigan averaged 1,748 in 94/95 then 9,467 in 15/16 back in this league.

Amazing what a bit of ambition and investment will do, rather than constant terror of relegation and "cutting the cloth".

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Just can't help yourself.....

With what?

You seem to have a complex about your own negative perspective on the club. Sorry I cant help you with that...

Edited by palmer1

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake:

I have to warn you I may post more positive things if I see them in the future.

Maybe you should block me if you don't want to see them. It seems to upset you so it may be for the best...:comeon:

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I remember when shitty little Wigan first came up to League One. It seemed grim as fuck that they were then our closest thing to a rivalry.

Now 20 years later it'll be them thinking that about us. FFS. 

In a brand new stadium , umpteen times better than Springfield Park, with cheap ticket prices and a team that got promoted, which always brings in more fans.

just saying, may not be lfl comparisons 

Just now, stevesidg said:

In a brand new stadium , umpteen times better than Springfield Park, with cheap ticket prices and a team that got promoted, which always brings in more fans.

just saying, may not be lfl comparisons 

Yes, one day we could do all of that.....

That's what I'm saying...

56 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

SkyBet 

davies to score and we win 11-2

us to win 1-0, 17-2

davies to score and we win 1-0, 40-1

You don't meet a poor bookie they say

I read that as us to win by 11 goals to 2, which I thought was a tad optimistic.

Edited by BP1960

18 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

Totally agree. Let Shez pick the team and then support. I would however hope to see McLaughlin playing on the right so that we at least get some crosses into the box, without him having to check back, to see if AAH and Davies can get on the end of them. 2 or 3 shots a game is never going to win anything. Come on you bliues! If not, move on to plan B, if there is one?

Mclaughlin won the free kick that Green swung in past Ripley , the penalty in the same game & scored against Walsall all from cutting in from the left . 

15 minutes ago, GravityGrave said:

Mclaughlin won the free kick that Green swung in past Ripley , the penalty in the same game & scored against Walsall all from cutting in from the left . 

Imagine how good he'd be on the right then if he could use his biggest asset of beating a man for pace and whipping in a cross with his favoured foot, for me I'd play him and Obadayi on either flank and rotate if necessary,  one up top and three in the middle to support and protect the back 4 when required.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Imagine how good he'd be on the right then if he could use his biggest asset of beating a man for pace and whipping in a cross with his favoured foot, 

You're probably right but, until others start performing let's not mess about with the position of the only man who is 

17 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Amazing what a bit of ambition and investment will do, rather than constant terror of relegation and "cutting the cloth".

Unfortauntely for us, it was a lot more than a "bit" of investment. Nearer a blank cheque!

I don't think the ambtion bit is the problem!

Oh for a sugar daddy mad keen on Oldham.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/105090/brave-on-the-ball

Matt Chambers has a possible 4-2-3-1 with Tope, Gardner & Banks all starting and AAH on the bench. 

Athletic (possible, 4-2-3-1): Ben Wilson; Brian Wilson, Clarke, Gerrard, Hunt; Fane, Banks; McLaughlin, Gardner, Obadeyi; Davies.

With only Fane in midfield to do any tackling you'd think it would be more important than usual to be able to knock it up to Holloway for him to hold up...? 

Lot's of talk of our leagues being the only ones that concern themselves with tackling anymore this week though.....

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

You can. If you're definitely going, full price tickets are £4 cheaper if you buy online tonight.

Cheers, Not sure yet, its for the wife, trying to get her to come with me and the boys

Already have season tickets ourselves