Oldham v Wigan

11 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Nah, not really.

Shez has said before that he likes playing two up top, and he obviously rates both Davies and Holloway, so you'd imagine he wants them to play together. I just don't see them being a successful partnership though, and think we'd be much more balanced only playing one of them, with two actual wingers. 

I wonder how Osei or Fawns would do playing off Holloway....

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Davies the only player in squad with any pedigree for scoring goals but yeah drop him ??

That pedigree was many moons ago, even if all the 'strikers' managed to play 90 mins of a 46 game season i doubt any would threaten double figures

4 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

That pedigree was many moons ago, even if all the 'strikers' managed to play 90 mins of a 46 game season i doubt any would threaten double figures

One or more strikers always get double figures in Shez sides. 

Forte and even Stead were there or thereabouts when he left Notts County 

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Davies the only player in squad with any pedigree for scoring goals but yeah drop him ??

I have i missed something here can somebody fill me in, this is unbelievable i cannot believe the rise and fall so quickly if he is dropped i'm walking away, i ain't giving up on him !!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

We are fucked whatever we put out just saying

Yeah don't know why we didn't just give them a bye in last years league cup then when they were championship side. Give over man it's just another league one team. All are beatable. Especially these fuckers who are not even a big club in comparison to others we have played and BEAT. We're gonna do these by a rugby score. 

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He was pretty hopeless against Walsall, in fairness. Seeems either very rusty or completely apathetic. He had one volley that was so feeble I'm not sure it even reached the goal line... Just not sure what he offers at the minute.

Admittedly, he was being asked to play right-wing (bizarrely) on Saturday, so it was always going to be difficult for him... 

10 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah don't know why we didn't just give them a bye in last years league cup then when they were championship side. Give over man it's just another league one team. All are beatable. Especially these fuckers who are not even a big club in comparison to others we have played and BEAT. We're gonna do these by a rugby score. 

I like you i really do but you sir are on crack :D I hope we win but hope is what we shouldn't be needing its miracles 

26 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

I like you i really do but you sir are on crack :D I hope we win but hope is what we shouldn't be needing its miracles 

Well I will be putting my money where my gob is. Only a fiver tops tho haha. Don't want to spend all my crack money however when we turn them over , more crack. Win win. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Well I will be putting my money where my gob is. Only a fiver tops tho haha. Don't want to spend all my crack money however when we turn them over , more crack. Win win. 

Haha you are right that for sure is a win win situation i might have a bet to for a win 

I'm up for this game (Literally and metaphorically) and will give 100% support all game. 

Whatever team is picked will get my backing. Let's hope the players are up for this and step up for this.

? #pleasegiveitagoyouboys

Edited by TheBigDog

3 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Plenty in the thread who will be on here at 5 on Saturday saying ' I told you so' if the worst happens.

Wont be able to find them if we win...

Wouldn't surprise me if we take 3 points.

one nil win Davies written all over it, trust me

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I'm up for this game (Literally and metaphorically) and will give 100% support all game. 

Whatever team is picked will get my backing. Let's hope the players are up for this and step up for this.

? please...

Totally agree. Let Shez pick the team and then support. I would however hope to see McLaughlin playing on the right so that we at least get some crosses into the box, without him having to check back, to see if AAH and Davies can get on the end of them. 2 or 3 shots a game is never going to win anything. Come on you bliues! If not, move on to plan B, if there is one?