Oldham v Wigan

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Plenty about, Shez will already be making moves to bring him in.

I certainly hope he is

However I just feel that with a midfield 4 you are better off having 2 lads who can be defensive minded and win the ball for the other 2 to go and play it gives you more balance in the centre of the park. 

So I'd go with 

Mclaughlin Fane Enforcer Odabayi

With Gardener and Keyemeh from the bench to begin with. Get Fane and the enforcer to get hold of the ball and tell Mclaughlin and Tope that the shackles are off go and play create some chances score some goals.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh for a Mark Allott now ?

Never thought I’d be saying that!

Good shout.

That's exactly the type of player we need Mark Allott circa 2007 won the ball back and passed the ball simply and effectively.

Ironically we've usually done well for signing defensive midfielders it's the one type of player we usually have that we need most right now.

Edited by GlossopLatic

39 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He's a tidy little player. 

And another that many on OWTB seem to want to be something he's not. 

It's a bit of a theme on here of late - ball playing midfielder Banks must become a tough tackling enforcer, tough tackling Fane must become Shez in his prime, winger Kyeremeh who's played 18 games in his career MUST start and will be our saviour but should be played behind the front two not as the winger he is.... :lol:

I think it's because our players are so extremely one-dimensional - Fane can run but is a fraud of a footballer, Banks has talent but he's diabolical at everything other than Hollywood passes. This is why our midfield is so poor and it's why we need to put three in there. With Flynn it's not about tackling it's just about wanting the ball and not vanishing for five games at a time.

Have said it a thousand times but on the few occasions when we looked like a professional football team it was because Flynn was on form.

In situations like this you need players who aren't afraid to attack and are a breath of fresh air from the staleness we have seen so far.

This is why the Belgian has to start along with Gardner IMO.

An old head who can pass a ball in addition as cover behind them would be a welcome addition.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He's a tidy little player. 

And another that many on OWTB seem to want to be something he's not. 

It's a bit of a theme on here of late - ball playing midfielder Banks must become a tough tackling enforcer, tough tackling Fane must become Shez in his prime, winger Kyeremeh who's played 18 games in his career MUST start and will be our saviour but should be played behind the front two not as the winger he is.... :lol:

Fuck sake, you'd think I suggested we played him in net!

I'm sure the commentary and reports suggested he played more centrally against girona?

Besides, until we sign a new central midfielder there's no way we can play with 2 out and out wingers. 

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

I think it's because our players are so extremely one-dimensional - Fane can run but is a fraud of a footballer, Banks has talent but he's diabolical at everything other than Hollywood passes. This is why our midfield is so poor and it's why we need to put three in there. With Flynn it's not about tackling it's just about wanting the ball and not vanishing for five games at a time.

Have said it a thousand times but on the few occasions when we looked like a professional football team it was because Flynn was on form.

I said last season at the start...we will be  one of them teams that when Flynn plays well, we will play well. Hence why we had a shit season. He doesn’t play well much. Happy to be called a pro footballer and that’s about it. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Fuck sake, you'd think I suggested we played him in net!

I'm sure the commentary and reports suggested he played more centrally against girona?

Besides, until we sign a new central midfielder there's no way we can play with 2 out and out wingers. 

He's not an out and out winger from what I've seen, he ran at Girona from all angles and could play as a central attacking midfieder IMO.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Currently Wigan 3 Bury 1

:wacko:

Wellens commenting on the game for bbc Manc, seems knowledgable hopefully he's seen some weaknesses we can exploit or at least some tactics that get us a point as I'm not confident on a win

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

How do you suggest they stop them?

Close them down, they have all had 20 yards of space against us.  

Give Nick Powell room to play on Saturday and he will destroy us.

Edited by BP1960

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I know, I'm only messing, he just leaves the goal wide open sometimes...

I give an opinion and welcome other viewpoints.

I can tell you I've worked with many professional managers and coaches and some have so little knowledge of the game you would be amazed.

We have all met bosses at work who bluff their way through haven't we?

Edited by BP1960