Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

Just now, deyres42 said:

Everyone knew the script from the off, never stopped people using it.

I don't think that is the case. Some fans just go to the football to actually watch the game and not give a toss about what goes on behind the scenes etc., as long as they can have their pint beforehand, grab a pie and be entertained [although that last requirement may have been lacking recently]. If the football improves with the new investment, then most fans will be content with just that and the politics of the new stand will be totally irrelevant to them. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, robboman said:

Does the council own the land? Forgive my ignorance

If yes, how much for the OEC?

I was thinking that, surely the council paid toward the new stand so would be entitled to a share of any profits?

Ive had a few too many to read them links, apologies

But as i understand, the council own the land and we rent off them, which is fair enough

So the new stand is owned by the asset strippers, which needs to change pronto?

4 minutes ago, robboman said:

Ive had a few too many to read them links, apologies

But as i understand, the council own the land and we rent off them, which is fair enough

So the new stand is owned by the asset strippers, which needs to change pronto?

Get your head down Robbo, start again in the morning.

Basically it’s the deal Huddesfield Town got under Ken Davy. Fuck all income except matchdays but we’ll negate that by charging rent on the stand and the rest of the ground. I’m glad AL is on board but fuck me he has a job on his hands.

thanks Simon and chums

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Well, it would appear that APW's prayers were answered. Not sure why you would term it "childish", even less sure why you would call it "offensive".

APW 1, LaticsPete 0.

That is a ridiculous point. Much though I think all religion is utter bollocks, and divisive bollocks at that, I respect other people"s rights to believe in it.  I don't for a second believe that the Cornwall Troll is some sort of committed Christian whose prayers were answered. 

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That is a ridiculous point. Much though I think all religion is utter bollocks, and divisive bollocks at that, I respect other people"s rights to believe in it.  I don't for a second believe that the Cornwall Troll is some sort of committed Christian whose prayers were answered. 

Nor do I. I'm just genuinely puzzled why LaticsPete found the post childish and offensive. APW, for all his faults (and I've often down boated him!), wanted AL to take over, didn't he? Presumably because he thought that would be good for the club. That may or may not prove to be so (let's hope it does) but at least on this occasion his sentiments seem to be in the right direction.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

This has been explained many many times.

Many many times???

Its been ‘explained’ once. In the infamous meet the fans non video debacle. Your intolerance for debating club matters is bizarre. Do you not care? 

You and others seem to be saying ‘heads up, that era has gone now.’ 

Except it hasnt. (I so wish it had) Should we all just shrug our shoulders and say, ah well we’ve no assets but let’s hope Abdullah loves us so much, he’s willing to bankroll his fortune on us!? ( I hope he is!) 

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask/wonder/inquire what state the overall situation is moving forward. 

I am however grateful he is at least able/willing to back the football side. I just hope he gets some incentive along the way. 

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

Sum the three amigos era up

1 Three stands need renovating

2 Fourth stand we have to rent for the use of on match days  :D

3 Pitch needs replacing & is not for purpose.

4 Poor training facilities.

5 Playing squad which has been poor for years .

We certainly have a lot to be thank full for.

On the other hand, we are not where Tranmere, Stockport, Darlington or even Scarborough (remember them?) are.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I am  little merry so apologies...hic..here's is the trust statement....

Trust Oldham are excited to welcome Abdallah Lemsagam as the new owner of Oldham Athletic.
This is a new era and a new start for everyone. We have been impressed with Mr Lemsagam’s commitment to the club and his plans that are ambitious, yet with a healthy dose of realism.
We would like to extend our thanks to both parties for their work throughout the takeover process. We acknowledge the part Mr Corney has played in the club’s history.
We would also like to thank the EFL for the work they have done, they have been extremely thorough and professional throughout.
This is also an opportunity to thank our representative, Simon Brooke, who has ensured the Trust have remained a part of the takeover process and the future of the club. We can confirm that the Trust position remains as it always has, with a 3% shareholding and seat on the board.
Mr Lemsagam has shown a commitment through the takeover talks to the club in time and finances. In our meetings with him he has made it clear the he wants to work closely with the Trust and create an inclusive and positive culture.
The fans and general public of Oldham should see this as a new start. Though none of us can know what the future holds, we can work together to create an atmosphere of positivity and improvement.
We look forward to working with Mr Lemsagam over the next few years.
A new era has begun.

May I say, your sentence above which I've put in bold is magnificent in its neutrality!

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Many many times???

Its been ‘explained’ once. In the infamous meet the fans non video debacle. Your intolerance for debating club matters is bizarre. Do you not care? 

You and others seem to be saying ‘heads up, that era has gone now.’ 

Except it hasnt. (I so wish it had) Should we all just shrug our shoulders and say, ah well we’ve no assets but let’s hope Abdullah loves us so much, he’s willing to bankroll his fortune on us!? ( I hope he is!) 

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask/wonder/inquire what state the overall situation is moving forward. 

I am however grateful he is at least able/willing to back the football side. I just hope he gets some incentive along the way. 

The Landlords wanted to make money out of the non-footballing side of the club, e.g. the land.

AL is capable of making money out of the footballing side, even if we were to remain in this division in perpetuity, there is no way he wouldn’t be able to resume his former career if he wanted to stop owning us. Nor will the other people involved, one of whom is his brother, prevent him from rejoining his former company. All the #FrenchLads are in the shop window and I bet AL, or perhaps more accurately his formerly company, gets a cut of any fees made. New players come in and the cycle continues. Those super agents who make millions from player sales don’t then have to fund a replacement, they just find them. Oldham Athletic is just a new shop window for his players. One that may prove very profitable for all parties in the right circumstances.

I'm still sceptical about AL's motives tbh, especially due to all the foreigners being brought in

We can only hope it turns out well. One thing i hope is not happening is him telling wellins who to play. That has disaster written all over it

4 minutes ago, robboman said:

I'm still sceptical about AL's motives tbh, especially due to all the foreigners being brought in

We can only hope it turns out well. One thing i hope is not happening is him telling wellins who to play. That has disaster written all over it

I genuinely don’t think Wellens is the type to suffer that - he wasn’t shy of mouthing off to authority as a player and he’s well enough thought of to get another job (maybe not manager but coach) elsewhere if needs be 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I genuinely don’t think Wellens is the type to suffer that - he wasn’t shy of mouthing off to authority as a player and he’s well enough thought of to get another job (maybe not manager but coach) elsewhere if needs be 

No manager does until hes left the situation

7 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

We tell Wellens who to play on here all the time, but he takes no notice of us.

Archived