Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

For goodness sake give the guy a chance!!!

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

For goodness sake..... The sheer negativity and cynicism of some people on this site beggars belief.

Who’s not giving him a chance....? I wish him the very best and want him to make our football club as successful as it’s potential offers..... and why does asking perfectly reasonable questions constitute negativity....? You should want to know the answers yourself...!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Some of the comments on facebook are a disgrace. Wonder if even Oldham fans. Pure bloody racist shite. The guy looks genuine, pleased to be here and focus on football as in Wellens in charge. What wrong with people. 

Most probably not Latics fans or people [jealous fans of other teams?] pretending to be Latics fans. I am sure Lemsagam has experience of social media and skin thick enough to ignore the trolls on Twatter...or any other platform that allows the average knuckle-dragger to espouse their opinion.

Can't see any positives in having corney around. Don't suscribe to the 'he kept us afloat' bollox. He has killed this club and I want rid. Lie after lie. 

Whether the new owner has the means

or desire to make his club great or whether we are just a vehicle for something else, or indeed whether the two are not mutually exclusive, will be proven over time. Hopefully he is a step in the right direction.

time for the trust to make their mark now. Step up, get a foot in the door and engage positively with the new owner whilst the ship is steady and everyone is in a positive frame of mind. We simply have to have more effective fan-club engagement  and better relationship with the owners going forward. Now is the time to build some bridges.

Absolutely tattered....I've been in the local pub celebrating and speaking to to fans too..

can we justs breath. And

celebrate that some bugger., i won't say  poor...wants to take up the baton of supporting oafc that he previous chairman couldn't do.

Clean slate from today..let's support...hic

Sum the three amigos era up

1 Three stands need renovating

2 Fourth stand we have to rent for the use of on match days  :D

3 Pitch needs replacing & is not for purpose.

4 Poor training facilities.

5 Playing squad which has been poor for years .

We certainly have a lot to be thank full for.

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

Absolutely tattered....I've been in the local pub celebrating and speaking to to fans too..

can we justs breath. And

celebrate that some bugger., i won't say  poor...wants to take up the baton of supporting oafc that he previous chairman couldn't do.

Clean slate from today..let's support...hic

You can have the night off just this once 

3 hours ago, forever blue said:

Welcome Abdullah. Lets hope you can bring the club and the fans together.A good start would be to improve the communication which has been sadly lacking in recent times

A good start would be explaining how to spell his name.

3 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Sum the three amigos era up

1 Three stands need renovating

2 Fourth stand we have to rent for the use of on match days  :D

3 Pitch needs replacing & is not for purpose.

4 Poor training facilities.

5 Playing squad which has been poor for years .

We certainly have a lot to be thank full for.

Oh and home attendances have halved

and they have demolished our supports bar.

we've been had folks 

... but then again we haven't gone under, which is of course as much as any business can ever aspire to.

3 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Clarification would be good in terms of how much it costs to rent on match days  & how much profit we actually make per match for doing so etc etc?

Easy solution is don't use it or support it, cheeky bastards sold player after player to help fund it and it was miss sold from day one, same with the new LED signage company set up partly with fans money, pants down time after time with lie after lie. 

1 minute ago, mickjagger said:

Supporters could make an informed decision whether to continue using the stand if the profit generated would be greater from a stand we fully own?

Their had been to much secrecy sorrounding this stand surely you can see this my man?

Everyone knew the script from the off, never stopped people using it.

I am  little merry so apologies...hic..here's is the trust statement....

Trust Oldham are excited to welcome Abdallah Lemsagam as the new owner of Oldham Athletic.
This is a new era and a new start for everyone. We have been impressed with Mr Lemsagam’s commitment to the club and his plans that are ambitious, yet with a healthy dose of realism.
We would like to extend our thanks to both parties for their work throughout the takeover process. We acknowledge the part Mr Corney has played in the club’s history.
We would also like to thank the EFL for the work they have done, they have been extremely thorough and professional throughout.
This is also an opportunity to thank our representative, Simon Brooke, who has ensured the Trust have remained a part of the takeover process and the future of the club. We can confirm that the Trust position remains as it always has, with a 3% shareholding and seat on the board.
Mr Lemsagam has shown a commitment through the takeover talks to the club in time and finances. In our meetings with him he has made it clear the he wants to work closely with the Trust and create an inclusive and positive culture.
The fans and general public of Oldham should see this as a new start. Though none of us can know what the future holds, we can work together to create an atmosphere of positivity and improvement.
We look forward to working with Mr Lemsagam over the next few years.
A new era has begun.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Everyone knew the script from the off, never stopped people using it.

No no no & no again people believed the club owned the stand & profit generated 365 days a year would go back into the club until the goal  posts were dramatically moved.

Archived