Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Why doesn't Keegan do the decent thing and have an interview with AL to get to know his plans for the coming season. Write an article about the positives about what is trying to be achieved by everyone at the club to get us out of division 2. Surely this would be more appreciated by all of us instead of raking up the past errors of last season.

We get that sort of thing from the club itself - they put that guff out, and don't say anything they don't want to say. It usually amounts to something along the lines of "we appreciate our amazing supporters and will do our best to turn things around".

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

The deepness of the mess from before he took over is what has caused the problems, you'd expect that money has been placed into areas that AL probably didn't anticipate doing so. I dont think that AL was fully prepared for what state we where in. Now whether or not Corney was truly forth coming about what was needed to sort us out is yet to be seen. It makes you wonder if AL was sold more on the romance of owning a club than what to expect.

On the positive side, it does appear as though he knows he's over extended this year and looks to learn from it and he wants to stick around.

It still, however leads One to question, what is the actual plan going forward? He says he will still invest and wants to turn us into a sustainable club, but there is no real indication of how, still no news on player departure or incoming apart from the promise potentially of Baxter putting on the shirt again. God, I hate waiting games. 

I really don’t understand this obsession with wanting a detailed itinerary of his vision.

chris Moore said he wanted Premier League in 5 years - those who should not be named said sustainable championship football. Neither to my memory gave the slightest inkling of how they intended to bring those events about.

is it case of twice bitten 100 times shy? I’m not having a go by the way but paying bills before he owed us, saying he’s here for the long term and wants to rebuild. I’m giving him the time and support to do so.

8 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

We get that sort of thing from the club itself - they put that guff out, and don't say anything they don't want to say. It usually amounts to something along the lines of "we appreciate our amazing supporters and will do our best to turn things around".

I was hoping for better from Keegan then what you are suggesting. He is such a fantastic sports journalist of the highest repute and reputation by his peers surely he could at least write a very interesting article about how much shit has been inherited and how AL is sorting it all out. It could make very interesting reading. Or is he not that great a journalist as mentioned??????

15 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I was hoping for better from Keegan then what you are suggesting. He is such a fantastic sports journalist of the highest repute and reputation by his peers surely he could at least write a very interesting article about how much shit has been inherited and how AL is sorting it all out. It could make very interesting reading. Or is he not that great a journalist as mentioned??????

Could be lots of reasons. Legal ones that would get him the sack and his paper sued for the sake of a story about Latics that a tiny fraction of the Mail's readership give a toss about.

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Why doesn't Keegan do the decent thing and have an interview with AL to get to know his plans for the coming season. Write an article about the positives about what is trying to be achieved by everyone at the club to get us out of division 2. Surely this would be more appreciated by all of us instead of raking up the past errors of last season.

Because we’ve heard that guff from the horses’ mouth. If you just want to hear statements that appease you then just read our own website and nothing else

Just now, Nohairdontcare said:

Could be lots of reasons. Legal ones that would get him the sack and his paper sued for the sake of a story about Latics that a tiny fraction of the Mail's readership give a toss about.

Very true but he doesn’t care about raking up mega shit about our Great Football Club and publishing it. I have lost all respect for him. 

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Because we’ve heard that guff from the horses’ mouth. If you just want to hear statements that appease you then just read our own website and nothing else

So you would rather read sensational shit than positive facts of how we intend to move forward as a club. I know what I would rather read and that’s some positive statements at the club of how the Club intends to move forward in every way. Ground development, player recruitment, increasing its fan base etc. 

14 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Very true but he doesn’t care about raking up mega shit about our Great Football Club and publishing it. I have lost all respect for him. 

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I respect him more for putting information that hasn't been denied by the club in the public domain. As has already been said, you're probably more suited to the Latics website.

5 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I respect him more for putting information that hasn't been denied by the club in the public domain. As has already been said, you're probably more suited to the Latics website.

I will continue to debate on this forum or is it only for fans who want doom and gloom to make their comments????

12 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I really don’t understand this obsession with wanting a detailed itinerary of his vision.

chris Moore said he wanted Premier League in 5 years - those who should not be named said sustainable championship football. Neither to my memory gave the slightest inkling of how they intended to bring those events about.

is it case of twice bitten 100 times shy? I’m not having a go by the way but paying bills before he owed us, saying he’s here for the long term and wants to rebuild. I’m giving him the time and support to do so.

Not sure that it’s an obsession but I would like to hear from Abdallah about his plans for the coming season and beyond. I’m not asking for chapter and verse but a few high-level plans would not go amiss.

We are about to embark on a new phase where the intended destination is important but more so is the journey and how we get there. Detailed itinerary? Nah... but a few of the intended stops along the way would be nice ?

13 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I will continue to debate on this forum or is it only for fans who want doom and gloom to make their comments????

What I was saying was that you're probably more suited to the Latics website than the Daily Mail one.

33 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The guy has been in full control of the club for just over 4 months. Speaking from professional experience, it is hugely unfair to expect the guy to have done much beyond working out where the shitter is in four months. It's no time at all. Give him a chance.

I do think it is an excellent point, and it all takes time. But it's a concern he had plenty of time to do due diligence (as did the the FL) and was around for at least 3 months prior to the takeover. Surely very little could have really surprised him? 

18 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I am not after being appeased I am after some positive facts instead of negative crap being peddled by all and sundry 

36 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The guy has been in full control of the club for just over 4 months. Speaking from professional experience, it is hugely unfair to expect the guy to have done much beyond working out where the shitter is in four months. It's no time at all. Give him a chance.

If you've got professional experience, then I'll have to bow to your knowledge...

..but if I was investing millions of my own hard earned cash into a business I'd, at the very least, want to know where the shitter is before I signed on the dotted line.

Surely AL would have studied the books meticulously before investing and if Corney has held things back from him then surely it makes the deal to buy the club null and void? 

33 minutes ago, JoeP said:

If you've got professional experience, then I'll have to bow to your knowledge...

..but if I was investing millions of my own hard earned cash into a business I'd, at the very least, want to know where the shitter is before I signed on the dotted line.

Surely AL would have studied the books meticulously before investing and if Corney has held things back from him then surely it makes the deal to buy the club null and void? 

Totally agree and the lavatory analogy wasn't a great one.

DD should have generally revealed the 'issues' he is indicating were in existence when he signed up and that is perhaps a worry but no need to hang him for that. Who knows what they are. 

My point was more aimed at expecting him to have all his ducks in a row and being able to brief the fans on his plans. Until about 3 weeks ago SC was still hanging on.

It is unfair to expect him to be clear on and    then communicate his plans for the future. He needs space and time. Fans need to stay off his back and hopefully that's the last we here from MK for now.

Whoever owns the club needs to held to account. Including AL. We need to give him a chance first and ask questions later

56 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Simon Brooke is now Commercial Manager? Or there are two Simon Brookes?

Well spotted.

Odd that the previous chap states he joined in DEc 2016, and left in Sept 2017, but he was not announced via website till September.

Nothing on Simon Brooke's Twitter bio.

Cost saving?

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I agree wholeheartedly but I think it’s become very apparent that Corney was a bit of a snake - evidenced by his forced removal from the board - was it naivety on AL,s part? Possibly? Could it be murkier and therefore subject to legal action hence the clubs non commital statement? Who knows at this point. 

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I am fully behind him. He's put his hand in his pocket numerous times this year from what I can tell. 

I suppose I just want to feel like we are going to be stable again. I'm not asking for a detailed itinerary. Hell I'm grateful that we have an owner who has even taken us on. A bit of initial dialogue short term will quell the rising anxiety that quite a few of us are demonstrating at present. 

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Like I've just said to Bucks. I fully support his presence and am grateful he's bailed us out, just so that's clear. There are many of us that would like answers as to where the next steps are. Even if they are baby steps. Like I've said previously, I don't really want a 5 year plan from AL. I just want to know what things will be like/in place for the new season first and foremost. 

1 minute ago, ChrisRichard said:

Like I've just said to Bucks. I fully support his presence and am grateful he's bailed us out, just so that's clear. There are many of us that would like answers as to where the next steps are. Even if they are baby steps. Like I've said previously, I don't really want a 5 year plan from AL. I just want to know what things will be like/in place for the new season first and foremost. 

I would expect that in the next few

weeks. I agree communication is critical going forward. I also agree that it would good to see some reassurances of AL looking to put the club on a stable footing.

However if based on his statement, he is starting from a difficult position and it will take time to understand what actions he needs to take to achieve that. I suspect that right now he doesn't know the detail. People want him to say certain things but he has to make a decision as to whether he can hold himself to that. He needs to be careful. 

I am sure the Trust will look to set up a Q and A for fans once the dust has settled. The world really doesn't move as quickly as some people want it to

This type of modern day journalism uses unverified 'anonymous tips' to repeating whatever rumor or speculation people are chattering about.  Their general ethic is to publish just about anything in the name of a story.  I do not doubt there are some truths in the article but i am sure they are sensationalised in the interest of a good story.  It is so easy to look back and criticise the previous administration based upon all this speculation but the reality is without all the facts we are not in a postion to judge the decisions that were made and it will make no difference to the position that OAFC now finds itself.  If I had millions, i would invest in the club I have supported all my life; unfortunately, I am not so fortunate.  Instead, I can only do my small part and offer my support to the team and club by attending games and hope the new owner can take the club forward in a sustainable way.  

4 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

So you would rather read sensational shit than positive facts of how we intend to move forward as a club. I know what I would rather read and that’s some positive statements at the club of how the Club intends to move forward in every way. Ground development, player recruitment, increasing its fan base etc. 

Liberal use of the word facts

I don't understand where this perception of lack of communication is currently coming from. Didn't the Trust state today that they are in constant dialogue with AL? Do we need have him address us all individually before we're happy? It seems to me that it may be that the Trust needs to pass on more info as they did today.  If only part of what MK claims is true,then AL's time is better spent sorting this sh#t out. We got  pretty regular statements from Corney, do we really want more of that crap?

Archived