Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

So were about 3500 fans on a Saturday afternoon....

Was Wellens listening to him? If he didn't and he got sacked for it,  he'd get put out of his misery plus a nice payout anyway wouldn't he?

Indeed. 

AL obviously brought the French lads in, but wellens hardly ever played them. He got us relegated, but kept his job. So either wellens is a total nutcase who no one dares questions. Or AL thought the imports would help, they didn’t. An he’s prepared to do it more wellens way next year. 

Signing Baxter would suggest the latter is the case. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthony Gerrard seems quite vocal about this sort of thing normally...

My initial suspicion was that the Sun article was Wellens trying to save his own arse before relegation. But, given that various members of the Trust have confirmed it was Corney's doing I'll believe that until proven otherwise - they have no reason to blatantly lie.

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Indeed. 

AL obviously brought the French lads in, but wellens hardly ever played them. He got us relegated, but kept his job. So either wellens is a total nutcase who no one dares questions. Or AL thought the imports would help, they didn’t. An he’s prepared to do it more wellens way next year. 

Signing Baxter would suggest the latter is the case. 

Yep. This is what I'm hoping. We'll soon find out with the window closing before the season starts this year.

15 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

So were about 3500 fans on a Saturday afternoon....

Was Wellens listening to him? If he didn't and he got sacked for it,  he'd get put out of his misery plus a nice payout anyway wouldn't he?

He was told to play Nepo at left back against Plymouth in Jan. He did that.

But then he was told numerous times to play Maouche and Omrani and, as far as I can recall, he never did...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

But then he was told numerous times to play Maouche and Omrani and, as far as I can recall, he never did...

Well judging by Nepo (who I think is decent) perhaps he should have tried the others too  We shall never know.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You usually know (nothing to do with this)...who is the new signing everybody is talking about? Some saying Maynard, some saying Welsh (don't see it)

Sorry it's on wrong thread, couldn't find a post on the other to quote you on.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

With due respect to Keegan what he has said has been backed by many posters on here and it follows up a tweet from Alan Nixon suggesting strange goings on plus the article in The Sun prior to the Northampton game. The club statement doesnt really refute anuthing he says in the article.

Yes he does write for a revolting publication that has employed Peter Hitchins Richard Littlejohn and Katie Hopkins, and tells us that Brexit will solve all our problems, but I dont think any of what he has said is lies.

Maybe not lies but journalists love expanding the truth. Lots of the so called happenings also occurred before Corney left. Most of the substance is old news revamped. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In the "them and us" in the changing rooms with the players he has brought in and the fact he is telling the manager that some players should/shouldn't be picked...

I think he's learned his lesson from interfering in the dressing room maters. Also I think he's also learned not to interfere in the team selection. Remember this is all in the past of what happened last season. We all need to move forward and give the guy a chance. He's admitted he's made grave mistakes, however I think it would be wrong of us to expect him to delve into the ins and outs of his every mistake he made as a new owner last season. 

5 minutes ago, robboman said:

Surprised that the OEC twitter page has retweeted the statement from OAFC. 

Thought the OEC was owned by the previous regime?

Aye, does seem a bit odd. Maybe the social media account for the OEC is ran by the same person who does it for the club and The Three Arsewipes have forgotten to take back control of it.

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

If he'd be brilliant nobody would have batted an eyelid. Well most wouldn't anyway.

I think they would.

Good or bad, £11k a week would have made him the highest paid player in our history by quite some distance (surely?) at a time when our finances seem in a desperate state.

I think a few would wonder how the hell we're affording him and thought something not quite right was going on. 

Without reading any of the thread, the hostile reaction to Keegan is bewildering.

To disrupt the squad before a final day decider was very poor from him, but if he has a story he has a right to put it out

If they’re truths then I’m glad we’ve been told

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

Without reading any of the thread, the hostile reaction to Keegan is bewildering.

To disrupt the squad before a final day decider was very poor from him, but if he has a story he has a right to put it out

If they’re truths then I’m glad we’ve been told

Don't agree with badmouthing anyone, including Keegan, but his timing was appalling if he professes to be one of us.

I can obviously understand why the Sun article was bad timing, but why is this one? The middle of summer is surely a better time to expose this stuff than in the middle of our title challenge during the season? :chubb:

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't agree with badmouthing anyone, including Keegan, but his timing was appalling if he professes to be one of us.

I think that he’s blocked so many on Twitter - no matter how petty that is - has caused fans to side against him somewhat

I’m sure he’d push for positive stories about our club but we sow nothing but shit and negativity through continuously disastrous behaviour

A relegated club paying a flop £11k a week is a story, no matter how biased you are

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I can obviously understand why the Sun article was bad timing, but why is this one? The middle of summer is surely a better time to expose this stuff than in the middle of our title challenge during the season? :chubb:

Apologies was thinking he was behind the Sun-shit not the Mail-shit.

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I think that he’s blocked so many on Twitter - no matter how petty that is - has caused fans to side against him somewhat

I’m sure he’d push for positive stories about our club but we sow nothing but shit and negativity through continuously disastrous behaviour

A relegated club paying a flop £11k a week is a story, no matter how biased you are

Why doesn't Keegan do the decent thing and have an interview with AL to get to know his plans for the coming season. Write an article about the positives about what is trying to be achieved by everyone at the club to get us out of division 2. Surely this would be more appreciated by all of us instead of raking up the past errors of last season.

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Why doesn't Keegan do the decent thing and have an interview with AL to get to know his plans for the coming season. Write an article about the positives about what is trying to be achieved by everyone at the club to get us out of division 2. Surely this would be more appreciated by all of us instead of raking up the past errors of last season.

I would imagine that the prospects of Keegan getting anything from the club ever again (club not moles or ex owners) are pretty much zero 

18 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I would imagine that the prospects of Keegan getting anything from the club ever again (club not moles or ex owners) are pretty much zero 

He’s shot himself in the foot then the idiot

30 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

And you think a  national newspaper would pay him to do that and print it? 

The deepness of the mess from before he took over is what has caused the problems, you'd expect that money has been placed into areas that AL probably didn't anticipate doing so. I dont think that AL was fully prepared for what state we where in. Now whether or not Corney was truly forth coming about what was needed to sort us out is yet to be seen. It makes you wonder if AL was sold more on the romance of owning a club than what to expect.

On the positive side, it does appear as though he knows he's over extended this year and looks to learn from it and he wants to stick around.

It still, however leads One to question, what is the actual plan going forward? He says he will still invest and wants to turn us into a sustainable club, but there is no real indication of how, still no news on player departure or incoming apart from the promise potentially of Baxter putting on the shirt again. God, I hate waiting games. 

One thing that he did say was that he wants to be judged on his next actions not what has gone on in the past so let’s see what they are going to be. I hope we will be all pleasantly surprised. I am fed up with doom and gloom. 

10 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

The deepness of the mess from before he took over is what has caused the problems, you'd expect that money has been placed into areas that AL probably didn't anticipate doing so. I dont think that AL was fully prepared for what state we where in. Now whether or not Corney was truly forth coming about what was needed to sort us out is yet to be seen. It makes you wonder if AL was sold more on the romance of owning a club than what to expect.

On the positive side, it does appear as though he knows he's over extended this year and looks to learn from it and he wants to stick around.

It still, however leads One to question, what is the actual plan going forward? He says he will still invest and wants to turn us into a sustainable club, but there is no real indication of how, still no news on player departure or incoming apart from the promise potentially of Baxter putting on the shirt again. God, I hate waiting games. 

The guy has been in full control of the club for just over 4 months. Speaking from professional experience, it is hugely unfair to expect the guy to have done much beyond working out where the shitter is in four months. It's no time at all. Give him a chance.

Archived