Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

We should release a statement saying there will be a statement on any news once any said news is known.

Anything else just isn’t good enough.

They should be letting us know when they're going to release this statement.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, singe said:

I always take a keen interest in your take of a story. 

One thing that concerns me, as your sources more concerned than when Corney was in charge or that it's just a continuation? 

I don't think they are either more nor less concerned than when Corney was here. AL got a lot of people's back up almost immediately after appearing on the scene by bringing a lot of his "players" in - he brought a lot more in for training than the ones we have seen signed. But they were more than happy to see the back of Corney...

50 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't think they are either more nor less concerned than when Corney was here. AL got a lot of people's back up almost immediately after appearing on the scene by bringing a lot of his "players" in - he brought a lot more in for training than the ones we have seen signed. But they were more than happy to see the back of Corney...

Cheers.

It would be fair to say then, that if AL interferes less then things might stabilise?

1 hour ago, singe said:

Cheers.

It would be fair to say then, that if AL interferes less then things might stabilise?

It's a shame he didn't realise this earlier.

We might still be in Division One..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

I think others had a major hand in it too....

Be interesting to analyse the Jan window, I reckon he might have realised by then.

Doyle, Byrne, Bryan, Green & Ollie Banks were all down to Wellens (and the budget), Moimbe yes albeit a mixed bag from him.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

I think others had a major hand in it too....

Be interesting to analyse the Jan window, I reckon he might have realised by then.

Doyle, Byrne, Bryan, Green & Ollie Banks were all down to Wellens (and the budget), Moimbe yes albeit a mixed bag from him.

Byrne was as much a Lemsagam signing as Moimbe was...

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We’d be in league 1 if lots of things hadn’t happened. His ‘interference’ isn’t even in the top 10 for me.  Moimbe pen is number 1. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

We’d be in league 1 if lots of things hadn’t happened. His ‘interference’ isn’t even in the top 10 for me.  Moimbe pen is number 1. 

Surely #2 after Wellens being shit?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hence the reason Shez spat his dummy out, Shez had a list of players who he thought would see us challenge but AL had other ideas and forced his own players onto Shez. 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That surprises me.

Someone buying any club and throwing their weight around thinking they know better than the manager is up there as one of the more perfect recipes for disaster, in my opinion..

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That surprises me.

Someone buying any club and throwing their weight around thinking they know better than the manager is up there as one of the more perfect recipes for disaster, in my opinion..

Despite his alleged ‘interference’, if Moimbe keeps his hands to himself... we are in league 1. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Despite his alleged ‘interference’, if Moimbe keeps his hands to himself... we are in league 1. 

True but where should we have been if Shez or Wellens were left alone to manage the team.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

We were relegated by 1 point (and 9 goals). I can take you back to August and September to find you the missing point (s). 

If you go back through the season I can probably find enough points with just simple things that we would have been safe by the time Moimbe gave away the last minute penalty. 

If Moimbe doesn't give away the penalty we end up safe but the season is 46 games not just the last 6.

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

We were relegated by 1 point (and 9 goals). I can take you back to August and September to find you the missing point (s). 

If you go back through the season I can probably find enough points with just simple things that we would have been safe by the time Moimbe gave away the last minute penalty. 

If Moimbe doesn't give away the penalty we end up safe but the season is 46 games not just the last 6.

One mistake means the times he saved us points have been forgotten it appears. I remember him clearing a good few off the line in a few games

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

One mistake means the times he saved us points have been forgotten it appears. I remember him clearing a good few off the line in a few games

This is a good point. People can at times have a one sided view of players' contributions. Particularly with strikers, "Where would we have been without X's goals?" It's as if whoever was playing instead wouldn't have scored anything.

Having said that, Moimbe's brain fart was unprofessional and unforgivable.

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

That’s my point really.  It was in the players hands. This interference story is a distraction. There was enough in the team to avoid relegation as proven by some good results s a fine run after Shez left. LOTS of missed chances and a few inexplicable actions sent us down. 

A shit defence, which was apparent from day 1, without any action being taken, sent us down.

it is absurd to pin the blame on single incidences. Let offs, silly mistakes and missed opportunities even out.

we went down cos we had a leaky defence. End of 

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

There’s a variety of reasons why we got relegated. Ultimately apart from a two month spell where we were good (very good) we didn’t do enough to stay in the division over 46 games. You could strip it right back to the summer when Shez waited and waited and waited for Ripley to return. Sure, I would have waited maybe until mid July but not until the last week of pre-season. You could look at having 3 subs on the bench at Blackpool, still don’t know why that happened? You could look at the Fane sending off at home to Charlton (never a red card), you could look at Edmundson’s stupid tackle at Fleetwood in the last minute to cost us 2 points (just like Moimbe did),  you could look at the takeover disrupting clubs like it generally does, creating uncertainty around the club. Then there’s the French Lads that he brought over, Doyle missing a bagful of chances v Walsall. There’s a whole host of reasons, so to put the blame or a proportion of the blame at Moimbe’s door is slightly narrow-minded considering a season lasts for 46 games.

No point picking over the bones of relegation the pure undeniable fact is , over a 46 game season we simply weren’t consistently good enough to stay up , how we react to life in the bottom division is crucial now !

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The butterfly effect/chaos theory says not necessarily......

are you saying if I hadn't gone to the games we might have stayed up....    or if I'd gone for a piss and shouted "come on lads" at the opportune time as I walked down the sideline we might have stayed up....

Just more fuel to my argument that this interference thing is a red herring and, frankly, an excuse.

Archived