Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst the rumours are concerning and I'd like to know whats going on, what evidence do we have? NONE. what sources have we been given? NONE

It's all just a rehash of OWTB rumours that happened under Corney. When those rumours came out they were confirmed by people who are usually reliable so they held some weight. The only concerning part is that he's saying we are still not paying wages but this time nobody has confirmed that's the case

I'll treat this article like i treat reading the football gossip column in the morning, oh that ones from the daily mail.... hahahaha nice try you bunch of chancers

Why has this article been posted while he's on his honeymoon as well? and he's still posting on twitter? just why.....

42 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Bang on. Some people just won’t have it and refuse to believe there are any problems. Defies belief. 

And some people don't sycophantly believe every single word is gospel either, and are prepared to do some investigation into it.

I have no doubt he was told all of it, I am in no way shape or form saying he is lying or made up facts.

But some of it is old news tacked on to support the premise.

Just now, cmr said:

Beat me to it, about what was expected but we're still left wondering. I'd just like to know if staff have been paid or not

I was hoping for more, to be honest.

Not a line by line rebuttal, but at least a bit of detail on the aims, which we don't know. And the assurance of funds.

A close eye needs watching, out of concern not  assumption.

1 hour ago, singe said:

I'm afraid not even close Ryan. 

In 2016/7, Carlisle had a wage bill of £3.5m, Crewe £3.0m, £Grimsby had £ 2.3m even Morecambe had £1.9m. 

Luton had £5.1m, Portsmouth went up with £5.9m. 

Many players won't come near us because our wages are so comparatively low (that we can afford) 

Where are these figures from? I’m not calling you a liar btw I’m just finding it hard to believe that Carlisle were splashing out nearly £70,000 a week. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Where are these figures from? I’m not calling you a liar btw I’m just finding it hard to believe that Carlisle were splashing out nearly £70,000 a week. 

No problem, right to check.

Lecturer in football finance at University of Liverpool, taken mainly from published accounts.

As ChaddySmoker highlights from time to time, some clubs are more transparent than others in their financial dealings.

He says he is putting things right and he is committed to the task so I think we should forget the past and look forward to the future and let him get on with the mammoth task of rebuilding our club . Rome was not built in a day . 

11 minutes ago, singe said:

I was hoping for more, to be honest.

Not a line by line rebuttal, but at least a bit of detail on the aims, which we don't know. And the assurance of funds.

A close eye needs watching, out of concern not  assumption.

Disappointed in the lack of a firm statement to be honest and hopefully more detail to us fans via the Trust will be forthcoming.

Granted we have no right to know the exact details but we are the club's fanbase & the customers who have invested our cash into next season.  We do have a right to know that our future is safe and to ask what the plans are for next season.

Does concern me from that statement that AL has discovered that the mess was bigger than expected.  If he's the shrewd businessman we're hoping for then there's a massive question over due diligence.... unless there's suggestion the previous owner didn't declare everything.  If that's the case then is there any legal rights here or is it a 'sold as seen' scenario?

Heres hoping he has the funds

Lets all be honest here..........

Most people want to here what his plans are for next season, how much the budget is, who are we signing, are we going for it, are the staff getting paid, how much this, how much that  etc, etc, etc........

Give it a rest eh !!!

Its alright being exited bout next season and anticipating new signings, promotions etc..... but c'mon let it go.

He said he's dealing with it and rebuilding the club....

Either believe AL or some DM journo....... if its the latter then its gonna be a long pre season for some of you.

I'll believe AL and I will enjoy pre season hoping for good things next season...... I maybe wrong and we do dogshit....

Perhaps we should all go to the Ethiad instead,,,,, sure to be entertained there, multi million pound signings, new stadium, Europe...... No thanks, I'll be walking down sheepfoot lane to see the Oldham aces !!!!!!!!!!

We are the fans but we are entitled to nothing, its life, like it or lump it.......

Statement isn’t great. It’d be nice to have an explanation as to why staff wages have been paid late during every month he’s been owning us; this shit isn’t normal.

Anyway, let’s hope AL has realised his mistakes and will run the club more responsibly. I know I’ve seemed like a whining bastard over these issues but when people are fearing for the future of the club then uncomfortable questions need to be asked imo. I just want the best for OAFC. An increase in the wage bill doesn’t worry me in isolation, the complete opposite in fact, but when it’s coupled with not paying basic bills, when there should be money in the kitty from season tickets, then it seems to indicate that the owner can’t sustain it and is putting the future of the club in jeopardy.

We move on. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Statement isn’t great. It’d be nice to have an explanation as to why staff wages have been paid late during every month he’s been owning us; this shit isn’t normal.

Anyway, let’s hope AL has realised his mistakes and will run the club more responsibly. I know I’ve seemed like a whining bastard over these issues but when people are fearing for the future of the club then uncomfortable questions need to be asked imo. I just want the best for OAFC. An increase in the wage bill doesn’t worry me in isolation, the complete opposite in fact, but when it’s coupled with not paying basic bills, when there should be money in the kitty from season tickets, then it seems to indicate that the owner can’t sustain it and is putting the future of the club in jeopardy.

We move on. 

Personally think you’ve been the only poster to give a reasonable view about the whole saga. You’ve got the weirdos who will defend the club to the hill for unpaid bills claiming Keegan’s story is a lie... Where’s their proof?

9 minutes ago, singe said:

No problem, right to check.

Lecturer in football finance at University of Liverpool, taken mainly from published accounts.

As ChaddySmoker highlights from time to time, some clubs are more transparent than others in their financial dealings.

Fair enough - I will eat humble pie on that. Genuinely shocked given Accrington walked the league on an alleged budget of 500k. Still I’d expect £2.4 million to be up there this year as there isn’t a Luton/Portsmouth type big club that really stands out.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Personally think you’ve been the only poster to give a reasonable view about the whole saga. You’ve got the weirdos who will defend the club to the hill for unpaid bills claiming Keegan’s story is a lie... Where’s their proof?

You my friend down voted me ( couldnt care less ) for posting some light hearted quotes of positivity,,,,,, how apt that you call others " Weirdo's"

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Lets all be honest here..........

Most people want to here what his plans are for next season, how much the budget is, who are we signing, are we going for it, are the staff getting paid, how much this, how much that  etc, etc, etc........

Give it a rest eh !!!

Its alright being exited bout next season and anticipating new signings, promotions etc..... but c'mon let it go.

He said he's dealing with it and rebuilding the club....

Either believe AL or some DM journo....... if its the latter then its gonna be a long pre season for some of you.

I'll believe AL and I will enjoy pre season hoping for good things next season...... I maybe wrong and we do dogshit....

Perhaps we should all go to the Ethiad instead,,,,, sure to be entertained there, multi million pound signings, new stadium, Europe...... No thanks, I'll be walking down sheepfoot lane to see the Oldham aces !!!!!!!!!!

We are the fans but we are entitled to nothing, its life, like it or lump it.......

Are you oafc 0000 by any chance ? 

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Fair enough - I will eat humble pie on that. Genuinely shocked given Accrington walked the league on an alleged budget of 500k. Still I’d expect £2.4 million to be up there this year as there isn’t a Luton/Portsmouth type big club that really stands out.

I'm hoping some more info trickeles through, but it looks like a mid table budget. Would still expect some sort of challenge, but certainly not a walk in the park.

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

You quite clearly do. Your post was pretentious waffle and irrelevant. 

Believe what you want Kasunga _is_god

Pretentious waffle,,,,, maybe waffle but i'm not being pretentious, don't need to be in your company

Any way I'll carry on reading the board instead of posting, cant be bothered with the likes of you and your negativity,,,,,

No need to respond, dont waste your energy

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I've seen that Accrington made a profit in 16/17 of £565k. Could it be that the £500k i've seen bandied about is their profit rather than wage bill?

Archived