Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

8 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

So you would rather read sensational shit than positive facts of how we intend to move forward as a club. I know what I would rather read and that’s some positive statements at the club of how the Club intends to move forward in every way. Ground development, player recruitment, increasing its fan base etc. 

Id rather read the truth I dont think hes lied here at all.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Andy b said:

Totally agree and the lavatory analogy wasn't a great one.

DD should have generally revealed the 'issues' he is indicating were in existence when he signed up and that is perhaps a worry but no need to hang him for that. Who knows what they are. 

My point was more aimed at expecting him to have all his ducks in a row and being able to brief the fans on his plans. Until about 3 weeks ago SC was still hanging on.

It is unfair to expect him to be clear on and    then communicate his plans for the future. He needs space and time. Fans need to stay off his back and hopefully that's the last we here from MK for now.

Whoever owns the club needs to held to account. Including AL. We need to give him a chance first and ask questions later

I understand people using initials to abreviate lengthy text, but what the fuck have milton keynes and David Dunn got to do with this over sensentionalised internet drama?

There is no way that only I have no clue who DD and MK are, so the above post is probably pointless.

50 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Mike Keegan I got. Then it’s a toss up between David Dunn and Doris Day. 

Could be David Dickinson or Due Dilligence... uncertain though 

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have my own theory that the source is Wellens for both this and The Sun article, but after speaking to four different people at the club (2 players and 2 staff - and not at the gym before Latics22 pipes up), then the source could really be a number of people. The vast majority are very unhappy with the goings on at the club and are quite happy that the story has come out...

I always take a keen interest in your take of a story. 

One thing that concerns me, as your sources more concerned than when Corney was in charge or that it's just a continuation? 

16 hours ago, robboman said:

Surprised that the OEC twitter page has retweeted the statement from OAFC. 

Thought the OEC was owned by the previous regime?

Maybe two thirds of the old regime hate Corney as well.....

17 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I think he's learned his lesson from interfering in the dressing room maters. Also I think he's also learned not to interfere in the team selection. Remember this is all in the past of what happened last season. We all need to move forward and give the guy a chance. He's admitted he's made grave mistakes, however I think it would be wrong of us to expect him to delve into the ins and outs of his every mistake he made as a new owner last season. 

I might be being a bit niaive here but personally I don’t see any self respecting manager allowing a situation whereby he’s being told which players to pick by the chairman/owner. It can only be a recipe for disaster. Wellens - although being a novice manager - has got a high enough profile in the game built up from his playing days that he would have no trouble finding another job, maybe not as a manager straight away but certainly in some coaching capacity. Who would want a reputation of being a weak manager who will be told which specific players to pick against his better judgement? I just don’t see it.

What I can see is the chairman/owner being keen to see players play that he’s been instrumental in bringing to the club, but the manager must have the final say surely. 

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I might be being a bit niaive here but personally I don’t see any self respecting manager allowing a situation whereby he’s being told which players to pick by the chairman/owner. It can only be a recipe for disaster. Wellens - although being a novice manager - has got a high enough profile in the game built up from his playing days that he would have no trouble finding another job, maybe not as a manager straight away but certainly in some coaching capacity. Who would want a reputation of being a weak manager who will be told which specific players to pick against his better judgement? I just don’t see it.

What I can see is the chairman/owner being keen to see players play that he’s been instrumental in bringing to the club, but the manager must have the final say surely. 

I thought wellens was very one dimensional last season, seemed to have no plan b, he may be given the first half a dozen games next season to prove himself,the owner will want us straight back up next season. All about opinions personally I would have both him and terry on there bikes now, after the clueless end to last season.

13 minutes ago, RichardOafc said:

I thought wellens was very one dimensional last season, seemed to have no plan b, he may be given the first half a dozen games next season to prove himself,the owner will want us straight back up next season. All about opinions personally I would have both him and terry on there bikes now, after the clueless end to last season.

I agree with what you say regarding he will probably have to make a good start otherwise he could be gone.

This is a very important pre-season for Wellens, he will hopefully get the chance to bring in his own players and so will not have any excuses.

i agree also that the style of play seemed to go downhill after his initial good start and he seemed unable to change things.

I went to Portsmouth away and I saw one of the best Latics performances that I’ve seen in ‘donkeys years’. They completely played Pompey off the park. Compare that with the away performances at Rochdale and Northampton where they were a pale shadow.

Wellens has got to find a way to play bright, fast, attacking football.

We need to get out of League 2 at the first attempt, and a good start will be crucial.

23 minutes ago, RichardOafc said:

I'm not sure he had a plan A. He tinkered far too much for my liking - hope he picks a team and sticks with it a while.

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm not sure he had a plan A. He tinkered far too much for my liking - hope he picks a team and sticks with it a while.

this 100%

We went from having a settled side with good results to a multitude of changes, none of which worked.  As an example, I still don't understand what Nepo did wrong, he was in that winning side and when he was dropped we were the worse for it.  I found it inexplicable that he couldn't get back in the team during that awful run.

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

this 100%

We went from having a settled side with good results to a multitude of changes, none of which worked.  As an example, I still don't understand what Nepo did wrong, he was in that winning side and when he was dropped we were the worse for it.  I found it inexplicable that he couldn't get back in the team during that awful run.

Maybe something to do with dressing room politics as has been mentioned?

15 minutes ago, cmr said:

Maybe something to do with dressing room politics as has been mentioned?

Well he did reappear for the last couple of games...  but if a manager is cutting off his nose then he wont last long.  You pick your best players.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

this 100%

Agreed, and during that time he tried McLaughlin, McEleney, Pringle, Byrne, Obadeyi, Nazon, on the left. Almost a case of anyone but Nepo.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

this 100%

Also Clarke went around the exact same time....

27 minutes ago, sleeuwenhoek said:

Agreed, and during that time he tried McLaughlin, McEleney, Pringle, Byrne, Obadeyi, Nazon, on the left. Almost a case of anyone but Nepo.

On reflection he was/is probably the best & most reliable of the French Lads.... 

No world beater but did a more than adequate job both attacking and defending most of the time...

Has it been confirmed whether he's staying or going yet?

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

On reflection he was/is probably the best & most reliable of the French Lads.... 

No world beater but did a more than adequate job both attacking and defending most of the time...

Occasional good delivery, can't beat a fullback and never a left back as long as he's got an hole in his arse!

Doyle's illness and not scoring enough when he came back is the main reason our season ended as it did. (He's more than welcome back though).

How many more pages has this thread got now it's got it's second wind and has gone off topic ?.

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There's been fuck all official confirmation of any moves out - Benteke, McLaughlin, Moimbé, Nepomuceno or any of last season's second year youth players.

I mean, it looks like Moimbé is off, but nothing to state that from the club. Still surprised we've heard nowt about anyone stepping up from the youth team.

23 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

There's been fuck all official confirmation of any moves out - Benteke, McLaughlin, Moimbé, Nepomuceno or any of last season's second year youth players.

I mean, it looks like Moimbé is off, but nothing to state that from the club. Still surprised we've heard nowt about anyone stepping up from the youth team.

I'm beginning a sense that communication may be even less than that last regime.

32 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm beginning a sense that communication may be even less than that last regime.

If everything is rosy, which we hope it will be, a lack of communication will not be such a big deal.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Maybe, just maybe, there isn't any news to release on these players.

Archived