Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We signed Baxter, we got a new manager and an assistant manager. They surely would have wanted cast iron guarantees (especially Rhodes who was in a great job) that the club was financially sound.

I reckon this is all bollocks just like the other shit we’ve heard!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We signed Baxter, we got a new manager and an assistant manager. They surely would have wanted cast iron guarantees (especially Rhodes who was in a great job) that the club was financially sound.

I reckon this is all bollocks just like the other shit we’ve heard!

The fact we haven't signed anyone coming up to the end of June is an obvious pointer to trouble.

The promise of a bonus awaits for Rhodes and Bunn if they help cobble together a squad that keeps our heads above water I'd say.

The fact Playershare are involved with Baxter tells you that one probably hasn't broken the bank.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The fact we haven't signed anyone coming up to the end of June is an obvious pointer to trouble.

The promise of a bonus awaits for Rhodes and Bunn if they help cobble together a squad that keeps our heads above water I'd say.

The fact Playershare are involved with Baxter tells you that one probably hasn't broken the bank.

This is a concern however you would have thought that with quite a few players under contract we would have tried to sell/offload a few to balance the books if we were having real trouble.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

This is a concern however you would have thought that with quite a few players under contract we would have tried to sell/offload a few to balance the books if we were having real trouble.

I'm sure we've tried, finding buyers could be the bigger problem.

It does seem strange that incomings and outgoings haven’t started as yet but I’m not having it that we still owe other clubs money.

With the amount of time the deal took to complete, with due diligence and all that, I can’t believe AL wasn’t privy to these debts prior to buying the club.

Surely the EFL would have insisted ‘these debts’ be settled before any takeover could take place.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I’d imagine we are trying to offload 24/7 but who wants a player on big wages when they’ve just played a major part in relegating a team. 

The only players we could make some money on are Byrne, hunt, hamer and maybe a little bit on Davies. 

Two of which apparently have bad attitudes, one is a young kid and one has picked up a couple of injuries.

Made massive mistakes offering massive wages to players who just haven’t played, I’m sure abdallah thought omrani and mauche(sp) and players alike would have been great players at league one level but they just didn’t work, and now we can’t afford to pay off their contracts. (I know omrani is gone already). 

This season should have been about nothing but promotion... however the mess the club is in we will be lucky to stay in the football league. 

3 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

I’d imagine we are trying to offload 24/7 but who wants a player on big wages when they’ve just played a major part in relegating a team. 

The only players we could make some money on are Byrne, hunt, hamer and maybe a little bit on Davies. 

Two of which apparently have bad attitudes, one is a young kid and one has picked up a couple of injuries.

Made massive mistakes offering massive wages to players who just haven’t played, I’m sure abdallah thought omrani and mauche(sp) and players alike would have been great players at league one level but they just didn’t work, and now we can’t afford to pay off their contracts. (I know omrani is gone already). 

This season should have been about nothing but promotion... however the mess the club is in we will be lucky to stay in the football league. 

Omrani has been offloaded already. Mauche is a good player but not given any chances to prove himself. He is a good technical player who can pick out a pass. Maybe he will be given that chance in preseason to show us what he is capable of. Players need game time and he’s been given very little. I think we should give him a chance before we write him off completely. 

Lot of “facts” going on here. I still think it’s pure speculation what players were paid. I haven’t seen any evidence to say players haven’t been paid (gerrard is quiet) and we normally get wind from other staff. We signed Baxter, bought the name back, painted the stand, did the pitch. Something doesn’t add up? 

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Lot of “facts” going on here. I still think it’s pure speculation what players were paid. I haven’t seen any evidence to say players haven’t been paid (gerrard is quiet) and we normally get wind from other staff. We signed Baxter, bought the name back, painted the stand, did the pitch. Something doesn’t add up? 

Can understand  partly with what you are saying, but there was rumour led to be a major overhaul if the pitch, and that didn't happen. Not much more than  it Al and some top dressing. Not saying it isn't looking good, but huge sums were not spent on the pitch

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Omrani has been offloaded already. Mauche is a good player but not given any chances to prove himself. He is a good technical player who can pick out a pass. Maybe he will be given that chance in preseason to show us what he is capable of. Players need game time and he’s been given very little. I think we should give him a chance before we write him off completely. 

I've written him off along with all the other duff signings AL made, Moimbe is about the only player I'd of entertained but he was a liability. 

I'm sorry but a season of giving a few French lads a bit of game time is not whats required this season and if we persevere with the same donkeys from last season who frankly showed zilch we will be in serious trouble.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've written him off along with all the other duff signings AL made, Moimbe is about the only player I'd of entertained but he was a liability. 

I'm sorry but a season of giving a few French lads a bit of game time is not whats required this season and if we persevere with the same donkeys from last season who frankly showed zilch we will be in serious trouble.

Think the French lads experiment will be kicked into the long grass.

Bunn and Rhodes using their contacts to beg, steal and borrow whatever they can.

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How can you write a player off if you have not seen them perform in a few games. Crazy comment. It will be interesting to see what Bunn and Rhodes think about his ability when they access him. 

In January we were bidding for Devante Cole, turning down £100k for Craig Davies and all was rosey. I can only presume since then AL has realised owning a shite football team with shite fans, a shite stadium (he doesn't own) now playing in the shitest league is pretty well shite. Not worth spending his money on.

Still good job we have the Trust ready to come to the rescue. 

We are screwed. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

How can you write a player off if you have not seen them perform in a few games. Crazy comment. It will be interesting to see what Bunn and Rhodes think about his ability when they access him. 

Is this the lad who started against Scunny I think and was substituted after about 20 minutes because he hadn't had a touch and appeared to dislike the cold? I saw enough to suggest his heart wasn't in it and the fact he didn't start another games tells you all you need to know, dead wood needs to go and this blokes got to be near the top of the list.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is this the lad who started against Scunny I think and was substituted after about 20 minutes because he hadn't had a touch and appeared to dislike the cold? I saw enough to suggest his heart wasn't in it and the fact he didn't start another games tells you all you need to know, dead wood needs to go and this blokes got to be near the top of the list.

That was Omrani

30 minutes ago, Clifford said:

In January we were bidding for Devante Cole, turning down £100k for Craig Davies and all was rosey. I can only presume since then AL has realised owning a shite football team with shite fans, a shite stadium (he doesn't own) now playing in the shitest league is pretty well shite. Not worth spending his money on.

We are screwed. 

Must try harder if you wish to surpass Kusunga.

52 minutes ago, Clifford said:

We are screwed. 

Shite ... an interesting word. Can I suggest you swap ‘ground’ for ‘stadium’? 

“Shite team, shite fans, shite ground, shite league”... has a much better ring to it and is kinda catchy in the style of ‘shit ground, no fans’...

?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

SEE you are so out off touch you are talking about a completely different player. You are talking about Omrani who has been released. the player i am talking about is a better player than Omrani that's why we are keeping him on. So you pass judgement on a guy you know nothing about. Typical of lots of posters on here.

Archived