Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

There’s no evidence to suggest that it’s anything but. I’d love to be proved wrong, until then...

The evidence Ryan is in the club chairman’s statement that he is continuing to sort out the mess and he is prepared to stick by us until it is all sorted. I have no reason to doubt him. I would rather believe AL than any gutter digging journo of no substance. Yes lots of mistakes have been made but for god sake let the guy try and put the wrongs to right including Corney’s Cockups . I think it would be wise for all concerned to stop this shit stirring forth with.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smiler13 said:

The evidence Ryan is in the club chairman’s statement that he is continuing to sort out the mess and he is prepared to stick by us until it is all sorted. I have no reason to doubt him. I would rather believe AL than any gutter digging journo of no substance. Yes lots of mistakes have been made but for god sake let the guy try and put the wrongs to right including Corney’s Cockups . I think it would be wise for all concerned to stop this shit stirring forth with.

As I say in my earlier post we need to move on now and trust that he’s learned from his mistakes. But I’m still concerned that no wages have been paid on time during his 6 month tenure - 6 times in a row clearly can’t be blamed on teething problems from Corney.

Just now, Nohairdontcare said:

Some very unfair and plain wrong and potentially libellous comments about Mike Keegan on here. 

He is definitely scruffy...

what other comments are libellous? 

Just now, Ryan said:

As I say in my earlier post we need to move on now and trust that he’s learned from his mistakes. But I’m still concerned that no wages have been paid on time during his 6 month tenure - 6 times in a row clearly can’t be blamed on teething problems from Corney.

Where is your proof Ryan that no wages have been paid. Nazon has just given a thumbs up to the statement. Looks like he’s been paid. Give me solid proof not a journo article. So where is it I am waiting.

57 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not so.  I've read plenty of articles where people are quoted. So have you.  But now it is extremely rare and in maters such as these, non-existent.  Its a licence to say anything.

If sources were disclosed then the legal repercussions for said sources could be severe 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He is definitely scruffy...

what other comments are libellous? 

Ha! 

Okay fair enough on the scruffy one. 

I’m not going to repeat any comments but there’s no doubt that Mike is a highly regarded sport journalist. 

Some comments suggest he’s anything but. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I agree if all the wages have not been paid on time for the past 6 months.

But it doesn't quite say that.

"Wages have not been paid on time for the last six months. "

So it could be all staff each month, it could be all players each month,  it could be occasionally, one person's wages each month. It is open to interpretation.

I'm sure it is the truth, but the actual fact of how many each of the last 6 months is not stated.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Where is your proof Ryan that no wages have been paid. Nazon has just given a thumbs up to the statement. Looks like he’s been paid. Give me solid proof not a journo article. So where is it I am waiting.

If it’s untrue then the club and Abdallah will take legal action against both Mr Keegan and Sportsmail. If it is untrue why haven’t the club denied it in the statement? If it’s untrue why haven’t any of the staff, playing or otherwise, come out and said it’s nonsense? Come on...

Just now, Nohairdontcare said:

Ha! 

I’m not going to repeat any comments but there’s no doubt that Mike is a highly regarded sport journalist. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I agree if all the wages have not been paid on time for the past 6 months.

But it doesn't quite say that.

"Wages have not been paid on time for the last six months. "

So it could be all staff each month, it could be all players each month,  it could be occasionally, one person's wages each month. It is open to interpretation.

I'm sure it is the truth, but the actual fact of how many each of the last 6 months is not stated.

Even if it’s only a few it’s not acceptable in my opinion, Abdallah should be checking there’s enough in the accounts so that none of these payments bounce.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

:lol:

Well you may laugh, but he is. 

And I am not saying he would take legal action. I doubt he’d bother. 

But if he wanted to he could. And there’s plenty of people who would robustly defend his reputation. 

So:

Not worried about:

The anecdotes about the players.  We pretty much knew them already, they are in the past and we can move on.  If Abdullah's intentions are fair (which I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for) and he learns from his mistakes (which he's admitted to) then they shouldn't be issues in the future.

Slightly worried about:

The wages paid out.  £11.5k a week is bonkers for a player at our level with the income we get, however it's only a problem if AL can't handle it.  Infact the point that he's happy to pay £10k+ a week for a "present" for the fans gives an indication that the financial clout he has is pretty decent. 

My bigger concern about our transfer policy this season is that it was very rare that we had a balanced team on the pitch and our transfer dealings in January left us overloaded with forward players and short on defensive players.  The squad this year needs to have the focus of being a solid unit with the odd bit of quality to change tight games in our favour, rather than filling the squad with talented individuals on inflated wages.

Very concerned about:

Wages being paid late and the club not assuring in their statement that they have been paid or will be paid soon.  This is really shit and if AL does think this is the norm then the club really is on a slippery slope.  Not surprised that other teams don't trust us with players after the last few years but it's now AL's chance to rebuild bridges as well as the club.

Finally, while I have no doubt that the past regime left things in a mess, I think AL shouldn't mention it again in official statements for a while at least.  When he puts into action the foundations of what he's trying to do then by all means say how well he's changed and improved things, but the jury is still out on him at present.  As bad as things have been in recent years I have no doubt that things could still be even worse in the future if handled the wrong way.

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If it’s untrue then the club and Abdallah will take legal action against both Mr Keegan and Sportsmail. If it is untrue why haven’t the club denied it in the statement? If it’s untrue why haven’t any of the staff, playing it otherwise, come out and said it’s nonsense? Come on...

because that would be playing right into the hands of whomever the shit stirrer is by getting into a dialog with keegan/dailfail 

instead they have chosen to concentrate on fixing things 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

If it’s untrue then the club and Abdallah will take legal action against both Mr Keegan and Sportsmail. If it is untrue why haven’t the club denied it in the statement? If it’s untrue why haven’t any of the staff, playing it otherwise, come out and said it’s nonsense? Come on...

That’s not proof just because people don’t want to disclose the information. I am asking you for solid proof. A statement from any player or member of staff that they have not been paid for 6 months. I’ll tell you this if I had not been paid for 6 months I would have resigned. I just cannot believe anything of that statement that you have posted about people not being paid for 6 months. How the hell do you think they have managed to live. You are swallowing this keegan shit big time.

Just now, Smiler13 said:

That’s not proof just because people don’t want to disclose the information. I am asking you for solid proof. A statement from any player or member of staff that they have not been paid for 6 months. I’ll tell you this if I had not been paid for 6 months I would have resigned. I just cannot believe anything of that statement that you have posted about people not being paid for 6 months. How the hell do you think they have managed to live. You are swallowing this keegan shit big time.

I said on time, not at all (as is stated in the article).

Maybe I am, but it’s the club’s job to prove to concencerned fans that this is an inaccurate depiction of the current state of affairs at Latics. Until then I have no reason to believe that Mike Keegan, a fan of Latics, would tell lies to generate a small number of clicks from the fan base of a little League 2 club. 

17 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Ha! 

Subjective. I think he’s shit.  ?. The rag he writes for is also shit imo. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

Trust Statement from Facebook:

In response to the recent article regarding the club, the Trust wish to reassure fans that we are fully aware of the real situation at the club and continue to closely monitor all aspects.

As a Trust we have been given more access in the last 6 months since Abdallah took ownership, than we have ever had under the previous regime. Abdallah has been completely open with us since taking full control, and we continue to question, monitor and most importantly have an open dialogue with him.

Abdallah is still finalising the transition of ownership, and dealing with the legacy of the previous regime, before he is able to roll out his own Plans for the club.

He has already shown his commitment to Oldham Athletic by investing considerable sums to cover many of these legacy issues plus the running costs for last season.

The timing of this article and the one prior to our crucial final game of the season are not a coincidence. What’s most disappointing is, this is whilst employees at the club are working extremely hard in this crucial pre-season period to focus on making this coming season a successful one, as should we all.

It is especially unfortunate that this article appears to be intended to create a feeling of negativity, in a week when we've had extremely positive news that the club have re-signed Jose Baxter and season ticket sales are higher than they have been for many years.

.....and when those Plans are finalised I hope he, via the Trust, understated the importance of sharing with us the broad tenets, such that we can unite behind them and use them as Armour from which to defend ourselves, from those who wish to attack & destabilise us!

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Maybe I am, but it’s the club’s job to prove to concencerned fans that this is an inaccurate depiction of the current state of affairs at Latics. Until then I have no reason to believe that Mike Keegan, a fan of Latics, would tell lies to generate a small number of clicks from the fan base of a little League 2 club. 

They don’t have to prove to me or you anything. How do you know that AL and the board might be considering taking legal action. You don’t. Things will be going on in the background I can assure you that you don’t know about. AL has said he will fix things. So leave the guy to get on with it.

18 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If sources were disclosed then the legal repercussions for said sources could be severe 

Not if they were telling the truth. Not unless they signed an order to say nothing... in which case they should be saying nothing.  

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Is he a fan?

Archived