Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

That’s my point really.  It was in the players hands. This interference story is a distraction. There was enough in the team to avoid relegation as proven by some good results s a fine run after Shez left. LOTS of missed chances and a few inexplicable actions sent us down. 

Beginning with shez bar one blip..

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

are you saying if I hadn't gone to the games we might have stayed up....    or if I'd gone for a piss and shouted "come on lads" at the opportune time as I walked down the sideline we might have stayed up....

Possibly. :lol:

Not necessarily to the same extent as Moimbe conceding or not conceding the penalty will have affected the complexion of subsequent games though.......

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

That’s my point really.  It was in the players hands. This interference story is a distraction. There was enough in the team to avoid relegation as proven by some good results s a fine run after Shez left. LOTS of missed chances and a few inexplicable actions sent us down. 

You'd like to think the likes of Gerrard, or Clarke had he been here, would have been rallying around making sure nobody played the victim no matter how bad any interference or off pitch matters were... 

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

A shit defence, which was apparent from day 1, without any action being taken, sent us down.

Without checking I'm highly confident I'm right in saying the entire back four, and keeper, was different on the last day to what it was on the first day..... 

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

There’s a variety of reasons why we got relegated. Ultimately apart from a two month spell where we were good (very good) we didn’t do enough to stay in the division over 46 games. You could strip it right back to the summer when Shez waited and waited and waited for Ripley to return. Sure, I would have waited maybe until mid July but not until the last week of pre-season. You could look at having 3 subs on the bench at Blackpool, still don’t know why that happened? You could look at the Fane sending off at home to Charlton (never a red card), you could look at Edmundson’s stupid tackle at Fleetwood in the last minute to cost us 2 points (just like Moimbe did),  you could look at the takeover disrupting clubs like it generally does, creating uncertainty around the club. Then there’s the French Lads that he brought over, Doyle missing a bagful of chances v Walsall. There’s a whole host of reasons, so to put the blame or a proportion of the blame at Moimbe’s door is slightly narrow-minded considering a season lasts for 46 games.

Yet, despite all that, one more goal at Northampton could have kept us up...

Sickening isn't it.

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Without checking I'm highly confident I'm right in saying the entire back four, and keeper, was different on the last day to what it was on the first day..... 

Jesus wept. Thank you for your constructive comment.

ok how about day 30 (I.e. in plenty of time to do something about it). Do you disagree with that?

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Jesus wept. Thank you for your constructive comment.

ok how about day 30 (I.e. in plenty of time to do something about it). Do you disagree with that?

How about day 37, or 112?

You said "A shit defence, which was apparent from day 1, without any action being taken, sent us down."

Lots of action was taken. It ultimately still didn't help...

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Sickening isn't it.

Certainly is. Most disappointing thing was the last 20 minutes we looked like we had nothing left. Can only compare it to England's inability against Iceland in 2016. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

are you saying if I hadn't gone to the games we might have stayed up....    or if I'd gone for a piss and shouted "come on lads" at the opportune time as I walked down the sideline we might have stayed up....

Just more fuel to my argument that this interference thing is a red herring and, frankly, an excuse.

"or if I'd gone for a piss and shouted "come on lads" at the opportune time" ...you may want to rephrase this bit, for the sake of clarity. 

49 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You'd like to think the likes of Gerrard, or Clarke had he been here, would have been rallying around making sure nobody played the victim no matter how bad any interference or off pitch matters were... 

Wouldn't have mattered if one of them hadn't given away a last minute corner because he couldn't kick a ball far enough for a throw in 

49 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Sickening isn't it.

With how many defenders on the pitch? Thanks Richie!

52 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Nope - Hunt played in both :tongue1:

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If everything is rosy, which we hope it will be, a lack of communication will not be such a big deal.

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

We should release a statement saying there will be a statement on any news once any said news is known.

Anything else just isn’t good enough.

18 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

They should be letting us know when they're going to release this statement.

18 hours ago, owdumer said:

Or a statement that there isn't anything to make a statement about.

18 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I thought Mike Keegan offered that service.

Well you all wanted a statement......

RW on his way.

Its your fault.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, singe said:

True. I did write that before editing it.

Many on here felt that was the case, so I don;t think there is much evidence for that. It may have been you that revealed this.

Maybe Wellens is about to depart and getting his PR in early.....

A hunch, rather than fact.........

You really are a challenge.

post-shez leaving, please tell me where efforts were made to improve the defence, compared to other areas, by bringing in new personnel. Seriously neglected area compared to midfield and attack.

thats my point. Surely you won't disagree with that

On 08/06/2018 at 11:40 AM, HarryBosch said:

Sickening isn't it.

On 08/06/2018 at 11:53 AM, unsworthlatic said:

Certainly is. Most disappointing thing was the last 20 minutes we looked like we had nothing left. Can only compare it to England's inability against Iceland in 2016. 

I had just about forgotten this...?

This baffled me - apart from one or two, they seemed to have no urgency or desire for the fight. 

30 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Well he’s trying to buy Chelsea so he does like the unloved. He’s also got his sights set a little higher than League 2.

"Mr Ratcliffe is a Chelsea season ticket holder – although he also supports Manchester United – and already owns a football club in Switzerland."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5822803/Britains-richest-man-offers-buy-Chelsea-Roman-Abramovich-2BILLION.html

• 3 weeks later...

For those that are interested the Accounts for Brass Bank Ltd for the year to 31st March 2017 have finally been submitted (late)to Co House.

They show a slight loss (of £47K) and continuing support by the Directors (Blitz and Gazal) to the tune of £7M.

There has been additions of £4M to Investment Property financed by an increase in Bank Loans of £3.7M

The information available regarding new bank finance doesnt to my eyes tell anything about the specifics of the Additions to Property.

Before the usual suspects jump in and speculate that those Additions are the North Stand (or part thereof) please look at the Additions to Property within OAFC Ltd.

As is usual the intention seems to be to put into the public domain only the information required by law. Not much to see here.

Archived