Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Well you may laugh, but he is. 

And I am not saying he would take legal action. I doubt he’d bother. 

But if he wanted to he could. And there’s plenty of people who would robustly defend his reputation. 

Get Corney and Abdallah on Judge Rinder.

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it? Why?

Because not having money in the bank for basic bills whilst paying £11,000+ p/w to the owners own signings is clearly going to cause fans to be concerned about the sustainability of the current project. There are parallels with Leyton Orient and Becchetti - why wouldn’t you want to give assurances that the club isn’t headed that way?

9 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

16k a week on Menig and Maoche, jesus wept.

That'd have paid for two solid centre back and an experienced keeper which would have seen us nowhere near the relegation zone.

Dont forget the £2.5k a week we were paying omrani that effectively buys you 11 players.

58 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If it’s untrue then the club and Abdallah will take legal action against both Mr Keegan and Sportsmail. If it is untrue why haven’t the club denied it in the statement? If it’s untrue why haven’t any of the staff, playing or otherwise, come out and said it’s nonsense? Come on...

Maybe because they are taking legal action. If they are going to, having a public slanging match doesn't do them any favours. I also think that could be the reason A.L has not said exactly what the mess was that Corney left behind. Could be wrong but if you know what you are doing you stay quiet while solicitors deal with everything so as not to damage your case.

46 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Is he a fan?

34 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

16k a week on Menig and Maoche, jesus wept.

That'd have paid for two solid centre back and an experienced keeper which would have seen us nowhere near the relegation zone.

Thought he supported Bradford City

With due respect to Keegan what he has said has been backed by many posters on here and it follows up a tweet from Alan Nixon suggesting strange goings on plus the article in The Sun prior to the Northampton game. The club statement doesnt really refute anuthing he says in the article.

Yes he does write for a revolting publication that has employed Peter Hitchins Richard Littlejohn and Katie Hopkins, and tells us that Brexit will solve all our problems, but I dont think any of what he has said is lies.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

With due respect to Keegan what he has said has been backed by many posters on here and it follows up a tweet from Alan Nixon suggesting strange goings on plus the article in The Sun prior to the Northampton game. The club statement doesnt really refute anuthing he says in the article.

Yes he does write for a revolting publication that employs Peter Hitchins Richard Littlejohn and Peirce Morgan but I dont think any of what hevhas said is lies.

don't think anyone is saying it is lies...  baseless, unproven, mischievous and ill timed is what it is as of now.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

don't think anyone is saying it is lies...  baseless, unproven, mischievous and ill timed is what it is as of now.

What concerns me is the sentence in the trust statement which says that the two damaging articles from the Sun and Mail newspapers where not a coincidence. This usually means that something more serious and sinister is behind them so we will all have to see what transpires from it. 

12 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

What concerns me is the sentence in the trust statement which says that the two damaging articles from the Sun and Mail newspapers where not a coincidence. This usually means that something more serious and sinister is behind them so we will all have to see what transpires from it. 

Yes, Simon Corney?

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

The source will come out eventually and the SHIT will truly hit the fan when it does

I have my own theory that the source is Wellens for both this and The Sun article, but after speaking to four different people at the club (2 players and 2 staff - and not at the gym before Latics22 pipes up), then the source could really be a number of people. The vast majority are very unhappy with the goings on at the club and are quite happy that the story has come out...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have my own theory that the source is Wellens for both this and The Sun article, but after speaking to four different people at the club (2 players and 2 staff - and not at the gym before Latics22 pipes up), then the source could really be a number of people. The vast majority are very unhappy with the goings on at the club and are quite happy that the story has come out...

In what way? Resistant to change? Lack of funds? Wages?

Just now, deyres42 said:

In what way? Resistant to change? Lack of funds? Wages?

In the "them and us" in the changing rooms with the players he has brought in and the fact he is telling the manager that some players should/shouldn't be picked...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

....the fact he is telling the manager that some players should/shouldn't be picked...

So were about 3500 fans on a Saturday afternoon....

Was Wellens listening to him? If he didn't and he got sacked for it,  he'd get put out of his misery plus a nice payout anyway wouldn't he?

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In the "them and us" in the changing rooms with the players he has brought in and the fact he is telling the manager that some players should/shouldn't be picked...

I know a youth player who has trained with the first team. There are definitely cliques among the playing staff. Of course this could be the way at many clubs.

Archived