Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

All the signs point to the fact that he’s been suspended by Abdallah. Not saying Frankie didn’t agree with the decision at the time but it seems to be dragging on - a call needs to be made. Any manager at this level would love a player like Jack Byrne and it’s ridiculous to let him rot with the youth team for any longer. Get rid if he’s done something *that* serious or let the lad rectify whatever it is he’s meant to have done on the pitch.

It could be Lemsagam it could be Bunn at this point in time knowone knows. I agree its a waste him sat in the reserves however if any manager would want to take him then surely someone would have taken him off our hands in the transfer window we would have been willing sellers even a loan out the door would have been workable.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But his attitude problems are supposedly well documented from previous spells at other clubs (according to people on here). Why would Peterborough and others take the risk if he was so toxic? 

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

It's not January. 

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

And you think FB wouldn’t select Byrne if he was available.  He’d be one of the first on the team sheet.  A lot of players have attitude, give impression that they can’t be arsed but there’s no doubting his quality and creativity that our current eleven is screaming out for.

And what I meant about the Trust was they could ask AL if it’s appearance money related.  If not then fine.  If it is then we could help.  That’s what I’m saying 

It might actually be Bunns decision not to play him though. He maybe seen as a disruptive influnce this is one of, if not the most likely reason for his omission the player has form here.

Whatever the reasons for his ommision are likely to come out in the wash probably when he leaves the club.

At the moment I dont think the Trust should be saying anything on the issue as it may undermine any action taking place right now.

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It might actually be Bunns decision not to play him though. He maybe seen as a disruptive influnce this is one of, if not the most likely reason for his omission the player has form here.

Whatever the reasons for his ommision are likely to come out in the wash probably when he leaves the club.

At the moment I dont think the Trust should be saying anything on the issue as it may undermine any action taking place right now.

Hot off the press contract of Byrne has been terminated.

18 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Hot off the press contract of Byrne has been terminated.

Cant see it myself.  However that’s three players suspended by the club with Fane last season.  Common denominator being AL swinging the axe.

Today’s starting line-up accentuates the madness of suspending Byrne plus not strengthening further this week.  

Frying pan into fire on owners?!

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Cant see it myself.  However that’s three players suspended by the club with Fane last season.  Common denominator being AL swinging the axe.

Today’s starting line-up accentuates the madness of suspending Byrne plus not strengthening further this week.  

Frying pan into fire on owners?!

Said it before, this has all the hallmarks of the madness that happened to Leyton Orient.

5 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

If we've released Byrne after those two performances I truly give up...

I’m convinced Byrne could stab someone to death outside the main entrance and some would still be wanting him to wash his hands and get on the pitch.

doesn't matter how talented you are if you act like a cock in any job you will get dealt with accordingly. It’s not like it’s an anomaly it’s well documented he has been a problem wherever he’s been.

i don’t think for one moment that the club are paying his wages and not playing him just for the crack - as has been said on his day he’s our best player - somethings gone on and whether you like it or not maybe he warrants not being involved 

7 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

If we've released Byrne after those two performances I truly give up...

If we have released him then serious questions need asking by the Trust to the board.  The Trust represents the fans and we have a member on the board now so should know exactly why he’s suspended and released.  We 

You don’t simply get rid of your best players, you manage them.  We’re assuming he’s disruptive and has a bad attitude but has he suddenly turned into a bad apple after we signed him permanently?  We knew what we was getting when he was on loan.

My concern is AL appears rash and quick to discipline or suspend players.  Never seen this before especially three in a short space of time.  This action is probably more disruptive than a player complaining about tactics, players etc.   I’m starting to feel we’ve gone from bad to worse.

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If we have released him then serious questions need asking by the Trust to the board.  The Trust represents the fans and we have a member on the board now so should know exactly why he’s suspended and released.  

Footballers (whether some like to believe it or not) have exactly the same employment terms as most. Ie: we as fans have absolutely no right to know why he’s been suspended or released unless a: the club tell us b: the player tells us or C:  it’s public interest enough for the press to to dig and publish and no one beyond the A627(m) (exiles aside) give a toss.

its called confidentiality which any company follows 

12 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I’m convinced Byrne could stab someone to death outside the main entrance and some would still be wanting him to wash his hands and get on the pitch.

doesn't matter how talented you are if you act like a cock in any job you will get dealt with accordingly. It’s not like it’s an anomaly it’s well documented he has been a problem wherever he’s been.

i don’t think for one moment that the club are paying his wages and not playing him just for the crack - as has been said on his day he’s our best player - somethings gone on and whether you like it or not maybe he warrants not being involved 

Having the ability to be a great player which none of us would deny and then having the temperament of a spoilt brat really is his downfall. One minute he can be playing brilliantly on the pitch but suddenly he seems to change his temperament if someone does not give him the ball and then when the manager wants him to do a certain job on the pitch he doesn’t seem to be able to carry it out. Technically he’s a brilliant player but sadly he’s his own worst enemy in controlling his feelings and temper. 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Footballers (whether some like to believe it or not) have exactly the same employment terms as most. Ie: we as fans have absolutely no right to know why he’s been suspended or released unless a: the club tell us b: the player tells us or ? it’s public interest enough for the press to to dig and publish and no one beyond the A627(m) (exiles aside) give a toss.

its called confidentiality which any company follows 

But the Trust are now on the board.  I don’t mean divulging to fans on here but questioning his motives if something stinks.  

Why is he suspended?  If no justifiable reason but simply AL doesn’t like him then do we/the Trust just accept that decision?  He’s been suspended for a while now so surely employment law dictates that action needs to be concluded as it’s standard 14 days is it not?!

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

But the Trust are now on the board.  I don’t mean divulging to fans on here but questioning his motives if something stinks.  

Why is he suspended?  If no justifiable reason but simply AL doesn’t like him then do we/the Trust just accept that decision?  He’s been suspended for a while now so surely employment law dictates that action needs to be concluded as it’s standard 14 days is it not?!

HE’S GONE

Just now, Midsblue said:

Playing devils advocate I’ve no doubt the question has been asked - it’s just very likely the answer can’t be publicised and that may be down to 14 day rule (I have no idea by the way)

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Disciplinary action/investigation can take months 

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Only problem is, no one knows if/what he's done wrong.

I see what you are saying for sure but fans have a right to want him back in and ask questions at this stage considering he's exactly what we're missing.

19 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Only problem is, no one knows if/what he's done wrong.

I see what you are saying for sure but fans have a right to want him back in and ask questions at this stage considering he's exactly what we're missing.

The club cannot be oblivious to this fact and should do something to keep the fans informed...if they can. I can't help but feel that, if he was playing, he would still be coming in for stick from a certain section of the fans, when he tries to do it all himself. 

It’s only going downhill from here IMO.

Just come back from an absolutely horrendous away day at Forest Green, yet I have the worrying feeling that I’m 12 months time. Forest Green won’t look too bad a ground to visit.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

The club cannot be oblivious to this fact and should do something to keep the fans informed...if they can. I can't help but feel that, if he was playing, he would still be coming in for stick from a certain section of the fans, when he tries to do it all himself. 

This was supposed to be the open era, yet it's full of rumours and conspiracies.

My fear is the 'togetherness' FB wants to instil may fall apart with all the comings and goings.

Archived