Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underdog has been a valuable contributor to the forum in recent years. In some ways the unofficial voice of the Trust. Since Simon Brooke's  departure from the club she has been very quiet. The trust as is normal had not come forward with any comment  on what happened to Simon. Can they come out and officially support what is happening behind the scenes in the new AL regime ? 

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Underdog has been a valuable contributor to the forum in recent years. In some ways the unofficial voice of the Trust. Since Simon Brooke's  departure from the club she has been very quiet. The trust as is normal had not come forward with any comment  on what happened to Simon. Can they come out and officially support what is happening behind the scenes in the new AL regime ? 

And. . . . We’re back. 

The reality is, underdog and the others from the trust come across as very well intentioned, and decent people. However they don’t and can’t know how AL works, because no owner when putting his money in, would want himself at the total bequest of a fans group. He may listen, he may say  ‘we’re ok, give me time’ but ive come to realise that in the end the owner pays lip service, and the trust do there best with what there are told. Ultimately it’s his money, and he’ll decide. Good and bad. 

The better way to look at things is with your own eyes. Depleted squad, high wage earners gone. Huge turnover of internal staff. On the other hand,   Bad apples fucked off. Better Season ticket sales, more positive PR from the club. 

In the end. You decide. 

8 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

She’s on holiday. Leeslover and I aren’t on the Trust any more so you won’t hear as much. She’ll be back on here once she’s recharged her batteries. 

They won’t comment on what has or hasn’t happened with Simon - it’s not for them to say anything. 

11 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Was going to say the same, she is very quiet even after Saturdays game

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

She’s on holiday. Leeslover and I aren’t on the Trust any more so you won’t hear as much. She’ll be back on here once she’s recharged her batteries. 

They won’t comment on what has or hasn’t happened with Simon - it’s not for them to say anything. 

Sorry just saw your post thanks for the update

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

What about Byrne?  Surely the Trust can make AL see sense?  

Us fans have committed to this season with our ST sales, 4000 attending last week and almost selling out FGR allocation.  Surely it’s not unfair to ask that we expect the best team out on the pitch.

If it’s disciplinary then normally a fine covers this and he’s allowed to play.  However suspending him from playing is harming our chances this season so we demand to know why.  Most talented players have flaws and attitude - I don’t care frankly and just want him to be selected and playing.

Sorry Mids, but how is the Trust going to have any influence? And if it's an internal team matter, surely that's not within their remit (yeah, I know, it could be something different, but I can't be bothered to speculate).

51 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Sorry Mids, but how is the Trust going to have any influence? And if it's an internal team matter, surely that's not within their remit (yeah, I know, it could be something different, but I can't be bothered to speculate).

The Trust represents the fans and all the fans want is promotion.  Promotion can only be achieved by fielding your best 11.  Byrne is head and shoulders our best midfielder, probably best player.

Internal matters can be easily resolved through disciplinary action but action that does not jeopardise the one sole objective of promotion.

All I’ve heard from the Trust thus far is AL is extremely open, communicative and wants to deliver success on the pitch.  If that’s the case then asking to reinstate Byrne on behalf of the fans is surely an option?

Of all the reasons why Byrne is still suspended, I can only deduce it’s finance related - tackle on Fane, attitude, social media emojis warrant a fine but exclusion from the team that’s affected us is illogical?! If it’s an appearance bonus then perhaps the Trust canvas the fans and via player share we support AL financially by funding this bonus if AL is reluctant to do so.

Jaw jaw not war war

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

The Trust represents the fans and all the fans want is promotion.  Promotion can only be achieved by fielding your best 11.  Byrne is head and shoulders our best midfielder, probably best player.

Internal matters can be easily resolved through disciplinary action but action that does not jeopardise the one sole objective of promotion.

All I’ve heard from the Trust thus far is AL is extremely open, communicative and wants to deliver success on the pitch.  If that’s the case then asking to reinstate Byrne on behalf of the fans is surely an option?

Of all the reasons why Byrne is still suspended, I can only deduce it’s finance related - tackle on Fane, attitude, social media emojis warrant a fine but exclusion from the team that’s affected us.  If it’s an appearance bonus then perhaps the Trust canvas the fans and via player share we support AL financially by funding this bonus if AL is reluctant to do so.

Jaw jaw not war war

If the tackle on Fane was deliberate (and I’m highly doubtful it was) it would be GBH and deserve Jail - not a fine 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If the tackle on Fane was deliberate (and I’m highly doubtful it was) it would be GBH and deserve Jail - not a fine 

100% agree and he should have been sacked by now but he’s not.  His exclusion when 100% fit and match ready doesn’t make sense, especially when drawing a wage and the team is crying out for him.

15 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Of all the reasons why Byrne is still suspended, I can only deduce it’s finance related - tackle on Fane, attitude, social media emojis warrant a fine but exclusion from the team that’s affected us is illogical?! If it’s an appearance bonus then perhaps the Trust canvas the fans and via player share we support AL financially by funding this bonus if AL is reluctant to do so.

Jaw jaw not war war

But challenging team decisions isn't the Trust's role. I don't want us to turn into that MyFC experiment. And how exactly could the Trust do it? Ask AL/FB nicely? I'd fully expect a polite, but firm, "fuck off, internal team matters are none of your business". 

To be clear, I'm not trying to defend odd decisions, and I'd love Byrne to be in the team, but it neither is or should be the Trust's job to interfere in team selection.

So far we have decided on here Jack Byrne has been suspended for some or any of the following

1) Purposely breaking Fane's leg

2) Social media posts

3) Refusing to take part in training

4) Because he gets paid too much when he plays

People saying he should be on the pitch because he's our best player.

All I will say is, he's our best player when he can be arsed.

Nobody seems to know the exact reason why he isn't featuring so I'd rather let the club decide the best course of action than just decide they're wrong and he should play without knowing what's gone on.

I don't think there is a cat in hells chance that the reason he isn't playing is due to his appearance fee being to high. That's ludicrous. Even if there was some remote possibility that was true it doesn't explain him training with the youth which is generally seen across the board as a punishment. Unless someone is going to claim he gets paid more if he appears in first team training ?

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

What about Byrne?  Surely the Trust can make AL see sense?  

Us fans have committed to this season with our ST sales, 4000 attending last week and almost selling out FGR allocation.  Surely it’s not unfair to ask that we expect the best team out on the pitch.

If it’s disciplinary then normally a fine covers this and he’s allowed to play.  However suspending him from playing is harming our chances this season so we demand to know why.  Most talented players have flaws and attitude - I don’t care frankly and just want him to be selected and playing.

What a load of shite

Sorry but this arguement that we demand Jack Byrne to play because we have bought a season ticket is total absolute bollocks!

Buying a season ticket does not give me an entitlement to pick the team! that is the managers decision. Frank Bunn picks the team which he sees will best get us a win if that includes Jack Byrne then great if not then so be it. But there is a reason Jack Byrne isnt playing right now.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

You know this because?

All the signs point to the fact that he’s been suspended by Abdallah. Not saying Frankie didn’t agree with the decision at the time but it seems to be dragging on - a call needs to be made. Any manager at this level would love a player like Jack Byrne and it’s ridiculous to let him rot with the youth team for any longer. Get rid if he’s done something *that* serious or let the lad rectify whatever it is he’s meant to have done on the pitch.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What a load of shite

Sorry but this arguement that we demand Jack Byrne to play because we have bought a season ticket is total absolute bollocks!

Buying a season ticket does not give me an entitlement to pick the team! that is the managers decision. Frank Bunn picks the team which he sees will best get us a win if that includes Jack Byrne then great if not then so be it. But there is a reason Jack Byrne isnt playing right now.

And you think FB wouldn’t select Byrne if he was available.  He’d be one of the first on the team sheet.  A lot of players have attitude, give impression that they can’t be arsed but there’s no doubting his quality and creativity that our current eleven is screaming out for.

And what I meant about the Trust was they could ask AL if it’s appearance money related.  If not then fine.  If it is then we could help.  That’s what I’m saying 

Archived