Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Apparently Corney told LJ that if he didn’t win the Mansfield cup replay that staff wouldn’t be paid for two months. What a toxic individual SC was.

£400k each for JCH and Tarky - it was reported as much less at the time.

Both were around 350k mark the other 50k if it's being reported will probably be add ons, I have that on pretty good authority as well.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Apparently Corney told LJ that if he didn’t win the Mansfield cup replay that staff wouldn’t be paid for two months. What a toxic individual SC was.

Or Johnson is inflating their value to make himself look better. 

Eg. I seriously doubt we paid £4000 for JCH. 

FWIW The add-on for Tarky apparently went into someone's pocket.

Plus it's amazing how all these player sales were going on whilst we were building a stand the club doesn't own. 

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Plus it's amazing how all these player sales were going on whilst we were building a stand the club doesn't own. 

Not to mention the money generated from cup runs.

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

It's unusual when you take over a business that most staff need sacking as has happened at Latics.Change more often than not happens and is needed , some staff will leave and some embrace the change. What has happened demonstrates a naivety,.The claim that things were worse than I thought ring hollow. Remember how long AL took with due diligence and the almost unfettered access he had to the club during DD, which to be fair I thought strange.

Naievity or not it appears AL was told and shown only what Corney wanted him to hear and see... that man wants to be in jail 

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Which stand was that?

Oafc 2004 Ltd own the North Stand.

They just have £10M+ in debt with it.

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

Dont get this. An owner of a club with little resources telling the person in charge of the team that we need results to keep the club going? Did it work?

Or should we wrap our football managers in cotton wool and accept  him not winning the big and important games?

26 minutes ago, youngen said:

Dont get this. An owner of a club with little resources telling the person in charge of the team that we need results to keep the club going? Did it work?

Or should we wrap our football managers in cotton wool and accept  him not winning the big and important games?

Should all the clubs staff suffer as a result of one match? 

Wouldn't suprise me if he'd had whatever money was left on the win :grin:

1 hour ago, youngen said:

But it suggests we went into the season with a half million black hole in January. That's how you end up with the club half a million in hock to loan sharks with a side line in illegal football agenting.

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Which stand was that?

Oafc 2004 Ltd own the North Stand.

They just have £10M+ in debt with it.

Unless he was lying Mark Moisley categorically stated on bbc radio Manchester shortly after AL’s takeover that OAFC do not own the North Stand 

10 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Unless he was lying Mark Moisley categorically stated on bbc radio Manchester shortly after AL’s takeover that OAFC do not own the North Stand 

They don’t and AL doesn’t own it. Although I believe negotiations are under way ref him purchasing it which is a no brainier for him, the club and the seller to be fair. Then maybe the top floor can be complete and generate the money that it could! 

1 minute ago, super_blue said:

They don’t and AL doesn’t own it. Although I believe negotiations are under way ref him purchasing it which is a no brainier for him, the club and the seller to be fair. Then maybe the top floor can be complete and generate the money that it could! 

If that's the case then maybe that was what the hinted at potential additional investment is earmarked for?  (I love abit of uninformed speculation, me!)

17 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

They don’t it’s owned by brassbank. 

32 minutes ago, super_blue said:

If it's bought do Oldham Council get their share back?

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

So in the Accounts for the year to 30th June  2016 that must have been a very expensive photocopier that we lost £4M on after it had been valued by Ryder & Dutton

1 minute ago, ChaddySmoker said:

So in the Accounts for the year to 30th June  2016 that must have been a very expensive photocopier that we lost £4M on after it had been valued by Ryder & Dutton

.....or is the £4m write down on the 3 stands the club does own?

Archived