Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Did we (OAFC Ltd) ever own it then?

Where are these Photocopiers which cost nearly £6M over 2 years?

£800,000 of that stand belongs to the tax payers of Oldham. Didn’t the council give Corney that amount to go towards paying for it or was I dreaming???

51 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

£800,000 of that stand belongs to the tax payers of Oldham. Didn’t the council give Corney that amount to go towards paying for it or was I dreaming???

As another poster has mentioned it was awarded as a grant in lieu of the council being taken to the cleaners by the asset strippers. Which could have landed the tax payer with an even greater bill.

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....or is the £4m write down on the 3 stands the club does own?

Stop being logical and pointing to the blindingly obvious conclusion. Please try to be more cynical and obtuse. 

4 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

So in the Accounts for the year to 30th June  2016 that must have been a very expensive photocopier that we lost £4M on after it had been valued by Ryder & Dutton

The club may have owned the stand then, but since its been transferred to Brassbank. All nice and legal as the same people own both. The same way it was legal for the landlords to pass on Brassbank's tax liabilities to the club to keep Brassbank a dormant business. 

41 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The club may have owned the stand then, but since its been transferred to Brassbank. All nice and legal as the same people own both. The same way it was legal for the landlords to pass on Brassbank's tax liabilities to the club to keep Brassbank a dormant business. 

I’m not sure the club ever owned it - the Oldham Event Centre seemed to be its own entity from the get go. I could be wrong of course. Though club money funded it (very slowly, I work in civil engineering and whilst not an engineer a senior member of our business who is also a Latics fan was laughing at the length of time it took just to get the frame up)

21 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

What is the difference?

A lease is generally longer term and can’t be changed once agreed. It stops the landlord changing the goalposts and also stops the tenant walking away when it suits them. 

Renting doesn’t tend to be long term and terms can be changed easier by the landlord. 

27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Don’t be so sure.

If they’re still depreciating the main stand and Chaddy after they’ve been up for 100 years that’s some accounting policy they have. The Rochdale Road end cost around £1.7m from memory and has been up what 25 years? If they’re writing that off over say 50 years it’s still only £85k a year. Nowhere near £4m. 

Edit - actually 34k a year, 85k would be 20 years in which case it would already have zero value in the accounts.

10 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

If they’re still depreciating the main stand and Chaddy after they’ve been up for 100 years that’s some accounting policy they have. The Rochdale Road end cost around £1.7m from memory and has been up what 25 years? If they’re writing that off over say 50 years it’s still only £85k a year. Nowhere near £4m. 

It was £2.8m.... I’ve just looked it up.... and I’m telling you it related to fixed assets of OAFC2004 Ltd.

Archived