Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....AL? Hell yeah. He was moving his family over here when he first arrived.... I wouldn’t be surprised if that didn’t happen at all now.

Blitz. Not possible that we are still discussing it in 10 years never mind 20.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Blitz. Not possible that we are still discussing it in 10 years never mind 20.

....he’ll need to find a buyer willing to take on the lease obligations then.... he may struggle to do that at the price he wants / he could realise from building on it.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

but.....Al has now invested in re-vamping the current  02 suite.

I take the point but having gone in before the game against the vegans I must say I was massively disappointed. From what I could see the revamp appears to have just been a coat of paint (I hear the kitchen was renovated but as I don't think they do food I am not sure what that achieves).

It was also a bit bizarre that the bar closed at 2.30 and by 2.50 the barman was walking round telling people to leave. Surely the whole point of a bar at the ground is that you can pop in at the last minute to grab a quick pint.

It is a reasonable meeting place but it is far from what I thought we were getting (however many years ago it was that I thought we were getting something).

40 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

I take the point but having gone in before the game against the vegans I must say I was massively disappointed. From what I could see the revamp appears to have just been a coat of paint (I hear the kitchen was renovated but as I don't think they do food I am not sure what that achieves).

It was also a bit bizarre that the bar closed at 2.30 and by 2.50 the barman was walking round telling people to leave. Surely the whole point of a bar at the ground is that you can pop in at the last minute to grab a quick pint.

It is a reasonable meeting place but it is far from what I thought we were getting (however many years ago it was that I thought we were getting something).

Cheers for the insight. I have not been in it as a bar for a couple of seasons now and we will not be using it anymore for trust meetings so i won't be seeing it soon.

7 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Possibly.  I haven't heard that.  But is that for the Trust as shareholder, rather than the OAFC director, who happens to be there because of the agreement with the Trust?

Correct. Trust Directors could only be liable for 3 x £1 of OAFC losses. The Trust member on the OAFC Board, such as it is, has full responsibility as an OAFC Director. Hector the Tax Man has been keen to sniff about in the past 

Excellent piece on Notts County and the implosion under owner Alan Hardy.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jan/26/alan-hardy-notts-county-league-two-football-league?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Owners/chairmen have historically run clubs in an autocratic manner. Heaven help any employee who crossed Bob Lord, Ken Bates, Peter Swales etc. If it goes right then fans don’t care - it’s when it doesn’t that we seem to get upset about the means. 

28 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Excellent piece on Notts County and the implosion under owner Alan Hardy.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jan/26/alan-hardy-notts-county-league-two-football-league?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Owners/chairmen have historically run clubs in an autocratic manner. Heaven help any employee who crossed Bob Lord, Ken Bates, Peter Swales etc. If it goes right then fans don’t care - it’s when it doesn’t that we seem to get upset about the means. 

Frightening reading.

22 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d like a statement from the trust on why you’ve not seen it ? 😩

Alledgedly, I had not logged in....I know it kills me to say that I am not tethered to OWTB, as it it is the Holy grail for any latics fan and I am a bit of a techno phobe too.

One day we might all be like "Jonny Numonic" were we just login in by a plug in the back of your neck that downloads direct to the brain and we can download ALL the posts of the day...hahah

38 minutes ago, underdog said:

Alledgedly, I had not logged in....I know it kills me to say that I am not tethered to OWTB, as it it is the Holy grail for any latics fan and I am a bit of a techno phobe too.

One day we might all be like "Jonny Numonic" were we just login in by a plug in the back of your neck that downloads direct to the brain and we can download ALL the posts of the day...hahah

Make’s sense we we haven’t had the minutes, are they being hand carved in stone as we speak. 

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Make’s sense we we haven’t had the minutes, are they being hand carved in stone as we speak. 

Yep, I have taken it up since redundancy on New Year's eve. 

It was a case of stonemasonery level 1 or working out how to pay my bills this month....hmmmmmmm

18 minutes ago, underdog said:

It was a case of stonemasonery level 1 or working out how to pay my bills this month....hmmmmmmm

If you figure that out, could you let AL know the secret please

2 minutes ago, youngen said:

If you figure that out, could you let AL know the secret please

Will do....Although I think he has a bigger hill to climb than me..heheh

I at least have ASU cover.....now I just need to dig that out...

51 minutes ago, underdog said:

You might come in handy when the main stand needs rebuilding.

52 minutes ago, underdog said:

You might come in handy when the main stand needs rebuilding.

Alas, it looks like a couple of my striker recommendations won't be coming here now.

A previous recommendion scored 2 on his away debut recently in Div One, so we probably weren't going to get him anyway.

More info after the deadline.

Archived