Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Monty Burns said:

I think 22 has been off work watching the History Channel. I’m so proud l’m tearing up 😢

My biggest concern is my stuffed crust, now looks like a chip so disappointing. But I’ll nkw unblock you! Well done ! Feel free to wats app I will reply now

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Sorry, Boss 😞😘

Don’t be sorry it achieves nothing ! I prefer I won’t do it agin, an acceptance of what you did wrong, with an acknowledgment of what you did was totally inappropriate in the first place. All is forgiven, we must get on it again soon as an acceptance of my forgiveness! 

10 hours ago, underdog said:

Hi Paddy...you may i have missed it as I did post it a couple of weeks ago....it could have been on this thread even several pages ago..hahah

Concerns/issues are not the words i really want to use....but i can't think of other word for it yet....things to iron our maybe? off the top of my head....

Firstly, there is no other board members in place other than the owner,  so officially after gone through the legal process of not just being accepted as a board member (Fit and proper to run a business..etc) if she joined now she would be responsible for a business with one other person. Being retired would you? So seeing business minded people on the board of OAFC would be a start. people with some experties/good corporate governance/ even financial support if need be...if we went off one of Al's interview it takes £200k per month to run this club..so being retired would you want that financial burden with one other person without assurances on the board set up?

secondly, HMRC outcome from November 2017. We still haven't had closure...now this is before the current reps time but you never know especially if they saddle the club with anything..pure speculation of course but I think its worth waiting for that one to be closed.

Thirdly,  we haven't sorted out indeminty insurance ( i think thats what it is called...) to cover her if said business went bust. premiums are high based on the businesses books of 2017 which were only submitted last June, 2018 are overdue. Edit its Directors Liability insurance - sorry

other concerns? of course there are.....we would be negligent in our vigilance if we did not keep our eyes and ears open to what we hear and see.

Diane as been on the Trust board since the start in 2004 and is a known face at the club, she has  experience of what the previous reps went through to get our entitlement at board level. She is quite astute and rational/logical....she needed to be when working with the the likes of the council to get BP ACV registered,  were as i am more reactionary as you know..hahah

hope this helps

So that's Yes! 

13 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

You’d kinda think being concerned about how the club is being run is exactly the time to take up your seat on the board really!

But as has been said, we don’t have a board so I guess no board meetings are even happening... well apart from AL chatting to his brother.

Can't say I'd want to be appointed as a director of a company run by someone I didn't think could be trusted.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, I was thinking the Trust as a whole...

we discussed this at our December meeting to invite Al' to our January meeting, but as we know he was away or about to go away so could not attend and in our February meeting we have other plans.

We will be asking for another meeting with him in the near future with regards to the questions most have posed on here. We are 12 month in to his tenure, wheres the board, where the plan...etc

We have given him time but personally, we now need to see some forward movement

1 hour ago, underdog said:

we discussed this at our December meeting to invite Al' to our January meeting, but as we know he was away or about to go away so could not attend and in our February meeting we have other plans.

We will be asking for another meeting with him in the near future with regards to the questions most have posed on here. We are 12 month in to his tenure, wheres the board, where the plan...etc

Is AL approachable, do any of the Trust talk to him informally?

Just now, BP1960 said:

Do any if the Trust talk to AL informally?

Good question....we were all introduced to him and his brother and some of the Trust are around the club on and off so he has remembered them.

Beside the Trust Rep Diane....there are three others i know of that have mentioned seeing Al and him recognising them as Trust reps. One he calls the kitchen man as it was a joke when introduced at the time as Mark owns a kitchen company, another is an SLO and the other is midnite who post occassionally on here and volunteers as a paramedic at the club on match days.

so there are pleasantries and I know Mark has introduced Al to some local business people/networking like

5 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

But I thought that was the whole point of the Trust? A seat on the board to try and prevent another Chris Moore type scenario

Agreed but there's a personal risk to consider too for the individual director.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Could i suggest that you postpone the February agenda and seek to meet :clown: as a matter of urgency, afterall at this moment in time there is No Plan, No Board, No Manager, No Coach,  No Loanees, No Chief Exec etc etc etc 

3 hours ago, underdog said:

If the busy Class of 92 (bar one) can get together for a meeting it's strange the Trust and AL can't officially get together after 12 months when they are often at the same ground.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Could i suggest that you postpone the February agenda and seek to meet :clown: as a matter of urgency, afterall at this moment in time there is No Plan, No Board, No Manager, No Coach,  No Loanees, No Chief Exec etc etc etc 

Usually I'd say yes we would be asking for this date, however, we have pre-arranged something that needs to go ahead. Details of which will be announced soon.

We will be requesting an alternate date with Al.

Thanks

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If the busy Class of 92 (bar one) can get together for a meeting it's strange the Trust and AL can't officially get together after 12 months when they are often at the same ground.

Al is not obliged to meet any of the Trust team, only to have a dialogue with the Trust rep.

I never met Corney....I have met Al twice.

Archived