Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

Fancy paying good money to look at the books............................Should have just said he was a supporter taking up Corneys offer of 'come in and look at the books'

It was reported, years ago, that Blitz and Gazal forked out over £500k to fund the club when it was in administration.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-supporters-impressed-as-new-york-trio-aim-to-revive-oldhams-fortunes-72378.html 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

The wild and unconfirmed story is that AL has paid OAFC a non-refundable deposit to look at the books and have first go at buying the club.

Brilliant!

£50k down payment to tie players down to two year contracts?

Wonder if he gets a cut of it? 

Six players x £2k a week x 2 years = £1.2m

5% of that would see him cover his costs in that time, whilst he runs off with six happy (and under contract) players.

35 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

The wild and unconfirmed story is that AL has paid OAFC a non-refundable deposit to look at the books and have first go at buying the club.

As part of the deal Corney agreed to take on more players.

True?  False?  I've not got a clue, but there is some logic in the madness.

I think that I may have made up this rumour. It's just an idea, an attempt to make some sense of this nonsense, and I have seen no proof at all. My "ideas" at present include the following:

1. The 8 players turned up one day at training, despite the fact that we can't even pay the other players at present, because Abdallah's consortium / backers / whatever* have made some kind of financial commitment (up front amount / monthly amount / back to back covering of obligations for the new players' contracts*) in return for receiving exclusivity for a period of time over the purchase of OAFC.
  2. We ran out of cash because the deal is taking longer than planned to go through EFL vetting / our bunch never actually had a clue how long it takes to close such a transaction / the other 2 amigos are kicking off and making things hard / the business is on its knees and we were always going to be here at around this time anyway / Abdallah knows that they are skint and is on a deliberate go slow, making the pressure count in order to get the best deal he can / the new investors have changed their minds and we are all doomed*

* delete as applicable [more than one answer may apply]

24 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I think that I may have made up this rumour. It's just an idea, an attempt to make some sense of this nonsense, and I have seen no proof at all. My "ideas" at present include the following:

1. The 8 players turned up one day at training, despite the fact that we can't even pay the other players at present, because Abdallah's consortium / backers / whatever* have made some kind of financial commitment (up front amount / monthly amount / back to back covering of obligations for the new players' contracts*) in return for receiving exclusivity for a period of time over the purchase of OAFC.
  2. We ran out of cash because the deal is taking longer than planned to go through EFL vetting / our bunch never actually had a clue how long it takes to close such a transaction / the other 2 amigos are kicking off and making things hard / the business is on its knees and we were always going to be here at around this time anyway / Abdallah knows that they are skint and is on a deliberate go slow, making the pressure count in order to get the best deal he can / the new investors have changed their minds and we are all doomed*

* delete as applicable [more than one answer may apply]

You'd make a cracking journo covering all the bases so well, AG

2 hours ago, underdog said:

I'm curious, If The AL deal falls through and we've signed these 6 extra players, who pays their wages? Or are we suppose to be paying them now?

Hypothetical question Tracey.

We get to keep one using playershare money and the other 5 get to do one.

Who do we keep?

This is a personal choice obviously and no actual playershare money will be used.

22 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Who do we keep?

This is a personal choice obviously and no actual playershare money will be used.

Has to be Placide surely.... on the basis the other two keepers we've fielded this season thus far, haven't been up to the required grade.

As an aside, who are the 6?

- Placide

- Nepomuceno

- Omrani

- Maouche

....who am I forgetting?

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Has to be Placide surely.... on the basis the other two keepers we've fielded this season thus far, haven't been up to the required grade.

As an aside, who are the 6?

- Placide

- Nepomuceno

- Omrani

- Maouche

....who am I forgetting?

Queensy and Gyamfi Kyeremeh (who has joined the long list of players that have been through our fitness programme, picked up "tissue injuries" and are not heard of again for a few months, in this case until Christmas apparently)

21 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Queensy and Gyamfi Kyeremeh (who has joined the long list of players that have been through our fitness programme, picked up "tissue injuries" and are not heard of again for a few months, in this case until Christmas apparently)

....have just watched Richie Wellens' B@stard prezzer and he mentions the lad Ambrose who came on for Haiti t'other night against Japan...... I assume therefore Kyeremeh isn't one of Abdallah's?

1 hour ago, blueatheart said:

Brilliant!

5% of that would see him cover his costs in that time, whilst he runs off with six happy (and under contract) players.

One would assume bigger deposit and lower wages.

Brilliant!

Brilliant!

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....have just watched Richie Wellens' B@stard prezzer and he mentions the lad Ambrose who came on for Haiti t'other night against Japan...... I assume therefore Kyeremeh isn't one of Abdallah's?

Oh right, I was assuming that Ambrose was an unsigned trialist. Does it sound like he might be in the squad? 

1 hour ago, robboman said:

Doyle and Gerrard just started following @RayNolan on twitter

He’s worth over £100m, investor?

He's ex Skyscanner and Storyful, and now an online system that sets pricing/selling. My guess is it's to do with the business that Gerrard hinted he had a succesful meeting for, assumed to set him up after retirement, maybe Carke too but he kept quiet.

He's into rugby though...

Good spot.

3 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

If that's true it would be extremely worrying that we still couldn't pay September wages on time,

I suspect any deposit he paid was always non-refundable whether he agreed to it or not.

In any season, under any circumstance, I'd be worried that we couldn't pay September wages on time after having recently had Season Ticket monies and the Premiership solidarity payment over the summer.

And THEN we've had a deposit paid to the club (supposedly) as confirmed by Simon him-very-self in his first video about this takeover/investment.

Don't forget though...we've got Moisleys great nucleus at the club  :chubb:

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

He was signed before all this shez trailed him in games

3 hours ago, singe said:

He's ex Skyscanner and Storyful, and now an online system that sets pricing/selling. My guess is it's to do with the business that Gerrard hinted he had a succesful meeting for, assumed to set him up after retirement, maybe Carke too but he kept quiet.

He's into rugby though...

Good spot.

How do you possibly jump from having absolutely no idea of what gerrard was talking about, to assuming that's why he's followed this guy?

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

In any season, under any circumstance, I'd be worried that we couldn't pay September wages on time after having recently had Season Ticket monies and the Premiership solidarity payment over the summer.

And THEN we've had a deposit paid to the club (supposedly) as confirmed by Simon him-very-self in his first video about this takeover/investment.

Don't forget though...we've got Moisleys great nucleus at the club  :chubb:

Is it was the same month last year.....

8 hours ago, disjointed said:

Who do we keep?

It's the managers  choice of who they want to bring in and the request goes to the playershare committee to approve it too

hope this make sense

Archived