Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

13 hours ago, pk200 said:

Kowenicki is a Corney apologist and defender of the Board....don't trust him one iota.

Yep. I’m under cover. 

Or... I just have a different opinion to you. 

“Defender of the board”. Aren’t the trust on the board?

There should be be a minimum age limit in this board or at least a minimum IQ level. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Son bought one in April 2016 in 18 days from start to keys in hand. Usual possibly 12 weeks ish. 

Why are we persisting with this house versus business argument?
Two totally different processes, surely?

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Why are we persisting with this house versus business argument?
Two totally different processes, surely?

Think its my fault. I was trying to illustrate how long it takes to sell a house, so it would take even longer to sell a business undergoing due diligence in answer to some posters saying the process is taking too long.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Think its my fault. I was trying to illustrate how long it takes to sell a house, so it would take even longer to sell a business undergoing due diligence in answer to some posters saying the process is taking too long.

Ah. It's the old internet forum "Valid argument gets twisted around and thrown back in your face" response. :D 

36 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

lol I was answering a question about houses which had been asked. A business can take a very very long time no argument on that. 

Speaking from experience. Months and months.  From initial discussions to heads and DD took 4 months and then DD to sale a further 4 months. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I was answering a shitty comment in a flippant way.  Don’t need any lessons ta. 

Thanks. I'll remember the, "damned if they, damned if they don't," thing the next time you say something pissy about the Trust. It works both ways. For example, I knew wages hadn't been paid, you said it was bullshit, but if I had posted about it you'd have said I was spreading rumours with an agenda. You need to find a balance.

4 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Thanks. I'll remember the, "damned if they, damned if they don't," thing the next time you say something pissy about the Trust. It works both ways. For example, I knew wages hadn't been paid, you said it was bullshit, but if I had posted about it you'd have said I was spreading rumours with an agenda. You need to find a balance.

Slam dunk! Well done

8 hours ago, leeslover said:

It's a fair point and quite ironic that the said poster jumps on any perceived negativity and doom mongerers yet clearly has his own agenda when it comes to discrediting the Trust and those whose opinions differ.

On 07/10/2017 at 7:32 PM, kowenicki said:

I don’t think everyone here understands how the ignore function works. Comradesmoker (the green eyed monster) certainly doesn’t.  Obsessed.  ?

Brilliant :D

You got all upset when I called you Comrade K :bblue2:

12 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Gerards tweet implies the players still haven't been paid 

Or he could be saying that they've finally been paid 10 days late. It could be interpreted either way.

I was told by a club employee that they are paid late a lot of the time but do always get their money and therefore manage their finances on the basis that they expect to be paid late. They believed that the difference this time was that matchday staff, who normally do get paid on time, were also not paid on payday and one of them went to the press with the story.

11 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

It's been a very long "weeks not months" - though the second the club said "weeks not months" I reckoned it would be months not weeks... I'd love a statement about the statement now.

Imagine been told its all gone tits up after all this time we cant be that lucky to have some rich owner and things go well for once can we :S

37 minutes ago, Joanna Roper said:

Imagine been told its all gone tits up after all this time we cant be that lucky to have some rich owner and things go well for once can we :S

We still do not know if it is a takeover or investment.
Tits up? Ever heard of 'Self fulfilling prophecy'?? 

:D 

5 hours ago, bozman said:

Or he could be saying that they've finally been paid 10 days late. It could be interpreted either way.

I was told by a club employee that they are paid late a lot of the time but do always get their money and therefore manage their finances on the basis that they expect to be paid late. They believed that the difference this time was that matchday staff, who normally do get paid on time, were also not paid on payday and one of them went to the press with the story.

They shouldnt really have to put up with it though should they.  Its a poor way to treat your staff.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They shouldnt really have to put up with it though should they.  Its a poor way to treat your staff.

No they shouldn't. I'm not defending it, just explaining that some staff have learnt to expect it and deal with it.

Archived