Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

So hope this dosnt go all tits up we desperately need new owners or investment. Hopefully Abdullah will be at Blackburn game Saturday.  We got all these new players so surely he is interested.  Fingers crossed it all goes ahead still.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, leeslover said:

Thanks. I'll remember the, "damned if they, damned if they don't," thing the next time you say something pissy about the Trust. It works both ways. For example, I knew wages hadn't been paid, you said it was bullshit, but if I had posted about it you'd have said I was spreading rumours with an agenda. You need to find a balance.

I said it was bullshit?   This would be a great comeback if it wasn’t based on a lie.  I didn’t say that. I actually said “why is anyone surprised, we are skint”. Thereby confirming I didn’t think it was bullsit, but actually thought it was very likely.

Yes, I think the Trust is sometimes inept and polarised. I also think Corney is sometimes inept.

However, I don’t think either is malicious and that is where we differ 

You need to find a balance.  

53 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

It is patently obvious that the rumour is the negative, not the spin:titanic:

Didn't think it would be long before you popped up with some trite response when there is some negative speculation about Corney. You don't think the last sentence is spinning the rumour then?

Don't come back into this world as a fish Cos you will be flopping on the bank in no time at all.

2 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Maybe Abdullas pissed off with Corney for not paying the staff and pulled out of the deal ? If that’s the case Simon well done you youve managed to fuck it up once again ! 

If the so-called investor is serious about buying a football club, then I cannot see that being the case. If he is investing, maybe it would be a stumbling block. Let's not forget, Corney is a successful businessman, he is not going to "fuck it up" as easily as many think he is capable of.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

If the so-called investor is serious about buying a football club, then I cannot see that being the case. If he is investing, maybe it would be a stumbling block. Let's not forget, Corney is a successful businessman, he is not going to "fuck it up" as easily as many think he is capable of.

Any links to any successful businesses he's responsible for? I'm sure they are pretty well documented.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Any links to any successful businesses he's responsible for? I'm sure they are pretty well documented.

I have no idea. It was just an assumption on my part because he is still in business, after all these years.
However, take a look here...
https://companycheck.co.uk/director/912134519/MR-SIMON-CORNEY/summary

What do we make of this?

24 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I have no idea. It was just an assumption on my part because he is still in business, after all these years.

What do we make of this?

What are his business interests in the US?  No longer a director of Blitz's firm

57 minutes ago, Wardie said:

What do we make of this?

Looks like a broke bum with huge gambling debts on a hiding to nothing trying to sell a football club whilst retain some power in the only business he has any influence in.

Either that or he's really successful with loads of cash.

3 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Maybe Abdullas pissed off with Corney for not paying the staff and pulled out of the deal ? If that’s the case Simon well done you youve managed to fuck it up once again ! 

Oh dear.

Any decent businessman would spot the potential in your scenario.

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Didn't think it would be long before you popped up with some trite response when there is some negative speculation about Corney. You don't think the last sentence is spinning the rumour then?

Don't come back into this world as a fish Cos you will be flopping on the bank in no time at all.

Is there ever any speculation about Corney that is not negative?  :computer:

Isn't this Companies Check only for the UK. I am sure that you don't have to register a company at Companies House if you are a director of a Company in America or China. Also any good business man would have assets registered in off shore accounts that are not accessible to HMR scrutiny. 

Me thinks some on here are a little confused.  We know our club is for sale "to the right person".  There have been rumours of potential buyers and said buyers being put off by the asking price.  After time a new scenario of getting someone to make an investment into the club that is not a takeover was mooted.  The August disclosure of the current "whatever it is" was made by SC in his video statement.  Since then we have seen a lot of things happening.  We can all as a result of what we have seen and heard speculate and that I thought is what this message board is for amongst other things.

To agree to buy something can take just a handshake.  I am aware of a multinational group of companies agreeing to buy a significant slice of another multinational group in this way.  It took months to sort it all out but the sale and the price was agreed quickly.  I have worked on the regulatory aspects of 100s of company/group takeovers/investments and examined the accounts and documentation for many more transactions of this nature post event.  These transactions can take months, weeks or days it just depends on both parties being willing, organised and having made all the necessary preparations. 

Now given my experience with the statement and what has followed I am in no doubt that it is reasonable to speculate that either the buyer is not in a hurry or that regulatory issues could be holding up the deal.  Of course it could be something else because I am just speculating.  We might never know why it is taking so long but then again we might.

27 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Me thinks some on here are a little confused.  We know our club is for sale "to the right person".  There have been rumours of potential buyers and said buyers being put off by the asking price.  After time a new scenario of getting someone to make an investment into the club that is not a takeover was mooted.  The August disclosure of the current "whatever it is" was made by SC in his video statement.  Since then we have seen a lot of things happening.  We can all as a result of what we have seen and heard speculate and that I thought is what this message board is for amongst other things.

To agree to buy something can take just a handshake.  I am aware of a multinational group of companies agreeing to buy a significant slice of another multinational group in this way.  It took months to sort it all out but the sale and the price was agreed quickly.  I have worked on the regulatory aspects of 100s of company/group takeovers/investments and examined the accounts and documentation for many more transactions of this nature post event.  These transactions can take months, weeks or days it just depends on both parties being willing, organised and having made all the necessary preparations. 

Now given my experience with the statement and what has followed I am in no doubt that it is reasonable to speculate that either the buyer is not in a hurry or that regulatory issues could be holding up the deal.  Of course it could be something else because I am just speculating.  We might never know why it is taking so long but then again we might.

I suspect it's the FA and EFL who could be holding things up, they have made some debatable  decisions in the past and may be treading carefully now.

12 hours ago, blueatheart said:

Looks like a broke bum with huge gambling debts on a hiding to nothing trying to sell a football club whilst retain some power in the only business he has any influence in.

Either that or he's really successful with loads of cash.

And here is the winning post of the week! :chubb:

I believe LED Media is pretty successful though...something to do with electronic perimeter advertising boards :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Or that a "buyer" with a lot of players in his agency has found a weak and vulnerable man to take advantage of and has seen a shop window to put his players in.

Archived