Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

33 minutes ago, Forte_Baby said:

Saw something on a Facebook group last week and twitter last night. It all be sorted.

I will be sorted but if they know its going to happen and they definitely knew it was going to happen then don't be seen courting a star of world football for the managers job!

do these fuckers know what positive PR is? they certainly know how to fuck it up when they get some!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when we are all getting the feel good factor the club has to bring us down to earth with the non payment of wages story and the reality of what's really happening.

Pay up and sort out the takeover for goodness sake.

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just when we are all getting the feel good factor the club has to bring us down to earth with the non payment of wages story and the reality of what's really happening.

Pay up and sort out the takeover for goodness sake.

Absolutely... the blokes a disgrace, and im getting the sinking feeling again.

If there is a cash flow problem, which there clearly is, staff should be warned in advance so that they can make arrangements  if they can. It's inexcusable otherwise. Any bank charges or other charges from money not being available to pay a regular payment should be paid by the club in my opinion.

Sorry wrong thread.

I still love the idea that it takes ages to takeover a failing league 1 club whose business comprises paying staff, operating a stadium and selling tickets and which is clearly worthless.  This is taking as long as it is because either the buyer is in no hurry or there are regulatory issues getting in the way.

21 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I still love the idea that it takes ages to takeover a failing league 1 club whose business comprises paying staff, operating a stadium and selling tickets and which is clearly worthless.  This is taking as long as it is because either the buyer is in no hurry or there are regulatory issues getting in the way.

You have no idea what is going on why are you making any assumptions?

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Do you have any idea how long it takes to sell a house these days with no chain involved so relatively simple transaction?

Just now, ChaddySmoker said:

Can be done inside a month. Sort the Solicitors timescale out in advance.

Bollocks-just sold my fathers house after he passed away-a simple sale as described above-took over 8 weeks so how long for a football club with such a complicated ownership structure as you are so happy to keep telling us all? How can you possibly sort out another parties solicitors timescale?

10 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Can be done inside a month. Sort the Solicitors timescale out in advance.

I have sold five houses, three of them without the use of an estate agent, just solicitors, and none of them took anything like a month to go through because life is not that simple. Things get in the way. Not saying it can't be done whatsoever but it's more likely to be the exception rather than the rule.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Surely the fact it's failing an in trouble would take longer....

None of us have a clue what conversations are going on between Corney Lemsagam and their respective advisers when Blitz Gazal and Corney took over the club it took them well over 4 months to complete the takeover the club. We cant make any assumptions about how long it will take or what the takeover/inverstment will look like right now. We all have to accept we know nothing with any real certainty we as fans dont necessarily need to know the details of what is going on right now it will all come out in the wash at some point very soon. If it falls through then expect an OWTB meltdown of biblical proportions if it goes well then expect a renewed sense of optimism surrrounding our club which we all agree will be wonderful. 

But as much as people like to think they know what they are talking about right now they clearly dont its all assumptions and innuendo.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

None of us have a clue what conversations are going on between Corney Lemsagam and their respective advisers when Blitz Gazal and Corney took over the club it took them well over 4 months to complete the takeover the club. We cant make any assumptions about how long it will take or what the takeover/inverstment will look like right now. We all have to accept we know nothing with any real certainty we as fans dont necessarily need to know the details of what is going on right now it will all come out in the wash at some point very soon. If it falls through then expect an OWTB meltdown of biblical proportions if it goes well then expect a renewed sense of optimism surrrounding our club which we all agree will be wonderful. 

I absolutely agree with you, although you must realize your common sense approach is falling on deaf ears. Some people will assume the worst until the outcome is reached and set in stone...whichever side of the line it falls on. We actually do not know if there is a takeover in place or just a form of investment. Whatever...when the dust settles, the club will either be in a stronger position or in the same position it is in currently.

It takes all manner of people to make a forum and all kinds of opinions, all of which are valid.

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I absolutely agree with you, although you must realize your common sense approach is falling on deaf ears. Some people will assume the worst until the outcome is reached and set in stone...whichever side of the line it falls on. We actually do not know if there is a takeover in place or just a form of investment. Whatever...when the dust settles, the club will either be in a stronger position or in the same position it is in currently.

It takes all manner of people to make a forum and all kinds of opinions, all of which are valid.

Thats fair enough I appreciate that this is a rumours thread if it all falls through then we will have a massive Corney Blitz and Gazal bashing session on here which I will probably join in with.

But we dont really know whats going on and its also worth pointing out that buying Oldham Athletic with its complex deals with Brassbank OEC and all its £11million worth of creditors its sponsors and employees is alot different to buying a 2 bed semi in Royton

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

...is a lot different to buying a 2 bed semi in Royton

Too true!

It is in all the fans' interests as to how the club is being run and its future prospects, and we all hope the club will be here for at least as long again, although we won't be around to witness that. I just don't want to bog myself down in the headache-inducing minutia of the what, where's and when's. I would rather enjoy [hopefully] the football, without which, this weekend is a bit empty.

Still, there is always the shopping with the wife. :D 

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Bollocks-just sold my fathers house after he passed away-a simple sale as described above-took over 8 weeks so how long for a football club with such a complicated ownership structure as you are so happy to keep telling us all? How can you possibly sort out another parties solicitors timescale?

Yet another poster who cannot understand the English language.

Can be done within a month-I have done it, other posters have done it but you havent.

I repeat for those not very bright-CAN be done within a month.

If you do not understand how the professions work my friend that it not my fault.  So bollocks to you!

Archived