Gillingham away

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

strewth we could not score in a brothel - how bad have our strikers been today

Need goals being chipped in from other players also apart from the strikers if any aspiration of play offs, enthusiasm gone from initial period with RW plus teams would of watched us more, assistant needs to happen soon to give a different opinion/options giving us a fresh momentum.

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Should be an Oldham victory today and I expect it to be the start of a very good run.

Looking back at the results, including Shez's tenure there have only been 3 games this season where we deserved to lose. Oxford, Wigan and Rotherham. Maybe Blackpool but the 2nd half performance was very good.

If we hadn't have started so shite we probably would be in and around the play-offs. The teams up there that are doing well absolutely baffle me. Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe in particular. Yes, they both beat us but they were bang average and I still dont know how we lost that Scunthorpe match and if Wellens was in charge for the Shrews match, with his tactics, I think we would have won.

Next 3 or 4 games are against lesser opposition and I fully believe we can get maximum points. Even when Shez was doing poorly we played some good stuff and you could see the signs. Fleetwood, Bristol and Charlton before Ross Joyce ruined proceedings come to mind,

We should have absolutely rolled MK and Wimbledon and should probably still be in the FA Cup.

I have said 'should' quite a lot and of course all that matters at the end of the day is the result but based on the performances the team keep putting in and the chances we're creating this is only going to get better.

With Abdallah set to inject some much needed funds into the side and help us potentially keep Byrne, Doyle, Bryan and McLaughlin to come back from Injury we're only going to grow stronger from each game. Hopefully turning the draws we saw against MK & Wimbledon into comprehensive victories.

Very excited about the rest of the season.

After this post Gillingham are going to cruise to a 4-1 victory setting off a meltdown.

Gillingham weren't as bad as Wimbledon but still crap.

Not happening for us at all will probably why we fall short this season just dont have that extra something- optimism dented a bit there. Had the chances...

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Need goals being chipped in from other players also apart from the strikers if any aspiration of play offs, enthusiasm gone from initial period with RW plus teams would of watched us more, assistant needs to happen soon to give a different opinion/options giving us a fresh momentum.

Enthusiasm gone?? Give over, it was only 2 games ago we won 3-1 and scored goal of the decade in the process. We were poor today and got a point - on to next week 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

no, a defeat is a dreadful result.  a point away is never ever a dreadful result.  wind your negative neck in.

Whatever.

Ok its not dreadful if your ambiton is to stay up...if you actually have AMBITION...its a dreaful result.

How the hell u can call me negative with your mindset is inbelievable

8 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Whatever.

Ok its not dreadful if your ambiton is to stay up...if you actually have AMBITION...its a dreaful result.

I see what you're saying - we need to win against shite like that if we're going to threaten to go up.

But, we can't win them all and we've still created enough chances to win in both 0-0's.

Keep doing that and the goals will flow again & we'll have our best season for some years....wherever that takes us... 

Gillingham are an awful side.  Done nothing for 80 minutes, last 10 couple of hoofs had them in.  Placide makes a brave tackle and a decent save from a free kick.  Nothing else to do really.

Thought we were poor first half.  Second half played a bit more foitball, Menig very unlucky not to score. 

Byrne played okay but far to many long balls today, played an excellent through ball to Menig for his chance.  Byrne seems to switch of for 20 mins or so in every second half, drifts in and out.  To many circles from him today when a simple pass would of done, caught on the ball alot aswell.  Teams are obviously going to make life hard for him as he makes us tick.  Feel we were slowed down in and around Gillinghams box today by Byrne.

Doyle was poor today as was Davies by thier own high standards.  Not much stuck and some poor finishing from Doyle.  Thought Gardner had a poor game.

Though Bryan and Gerrard coped and played well today.

Zakuani for them was outstanding and won everything!.

Another point though and clean sheet.  We will surely batter some team soon??

My mom was Gerrard.

11 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Enthusiasm gone?? Give over, it was only 2 games ago we won 3-1 and scored goal of the decade in the process. We were poor today and got a point - on to next week 

You are misunderstanding me the initial period for RW players give more like they should do for any manager , it is very hard to carry on with the same intensity also we need to take into account RW is a rookie manager  who has done well he needs an assistant ASAP to bounce ideas of, i was not being negative i personally think we will finish mid table comfortably & play offs is a tad to much to ask .

2 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

You are misunderstanding me the initial period for RW players give more like they should do for any manager , it is very hard to carry on with the same intensity also we need to take into account RW is a rookie manager  who has done well he needs an assistant ASAP to bounce ideas of, i was not being negative i personally think we will finish mid table comfortably & play offs is a tad to much to ask .

Thats fair enough - teams do seem to have sussed us, Gillingham had 11 behind the ball when ever we had it and Byrne seems to have come down with a case of Billy Big Bollocks itis - he doesn’t half sulk if someone passes to anyone but him but I think we’ll be fine. Agree the assistant is needed - as long as they’re decent. Imagine if he unveiled Dave Penney?? ?

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It doesn't work like that, does it? 

No it doesn't. A team can only beat what is in front of them, if possible, given any amount of possible circumstances in play...from how any given player feels on the day to what direction the wind is when a ball is travelling toward the net. It is impossible to predict, despite what the bookies imply.

In my opinion, Latics will not be in the play off places come the end of the season, although I am hoping for a top-half finish, which would be a vast improvement on previous seasons and hopefully something to build upon with the prospect of new investment and a settled management team. I do wonder if the near completion of a loan period has any effect on a loan player's psyche and performance...probably just a load of clap-trap, though.

23 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Whatever.

I’m negative? Oh ok. I may be some things but that’s not one of them. I’m the eternal optimist.