Gillingham away

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, singe said:

You cannot mention Gillingham away without mentioning the game when it rained...

I was there. 2 nil up at half time and playing superb. Phoned a mate and he wondered why I was so miserable. 

Never seen rain like it. Still the win made it all the sweeter 

13 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Richie confirming on OS that he won't be playing both Gerrard and Clarke again in central defence as they "don't complement each other". 

Could very well be mind-games. When our pitch turned rubbish at the back end of last season, Gerrard and Clarke looked like the best CB partnership in the league.

If our pitch turns rubbish this season, I expect Clarke and Gerrard to play together at CB again. 

6 hours ago, singe said:

You cannot mention Gillingham away without mentioning the game when it rained...

Nor the effect it has on the primary singleton male reproductive organ.

Oldham is posh compared to other nearby towns/boroughs (mentioning no names)

6 hours ago, singe said:

Is this the December one? I nearly died of hypothermia that day. I locked myself out of my flat in London and had to sit in the pub in pissing wet and freezing clothes till my missus got home at about midnight.

It definitely wasn't as wet as Brentford that time when it rained for the entire second half (from the first whistle to the last and not a second longer) and we went down to one of the most miserable effortless defeats of all time.

48 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

It definitely wasn't as wet as Brentford that time when it rained for the entire second half (from the first whistle to the last and not a second longer) and we went down to one of the most miserable effortless defeats of all time.

That was terrible. My shoes were full of water.

Also bad was Chesterfield away - think it was Boxing Day? Awful weather.

16 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Eaves is looking a handful this season. He’s presumably fitter as he has become more mobile than the big lump he was at Yeovil.

i still expect Gerrard to be able to deal with him though.

Gillinghams left back should get rings run around him by Dummigan, I think we’ll get most of our joy down that side on Saturday.

Do they still have konchesky? Well and truly past it and could see dummy tearing him a new one, like you say. Thought his confidence would be knocked after dale but, he was brilliant on Tuesday. Hunt needs to step it up now. 

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

12 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Do they still have konchesky? Well and truly past it and could see dummy tearing him a new one, like you say. Thought his confidence would be knocked after dale but, he was brilliant on Tuesday. Hunt needs to step it up now. 

Konchesky plays for Billericay 

5 hours ago, leeslover said:

Milton Keynes is being deprived of the chance to compete for European City of Culture because of Brexit.

How can a 'new town' even consider itself as a cultural hotspot? It's got to be one of the most boring towns in the UK and has a look of old Eastern Europe.

Gillingham has the reputation of being the worst among the Medway Towns. Rochester at the top (with cathedral, castle and Dickens connection) followed by Chatham (Naval port) and then Gills populated by people who work in the first two but can't afford to live there.

On 11/22/2017 at 8:33 AM, TheBigDog said:

That was 2009. We’ve only lost once in nine since then. Looking for a victory in a high scoring game this weekend. 

On  another note, I’ve yet  to find a decent pub in all the times I’ve been down there ?

I mean, I'd be stretching it to call this place decent.... but I've been to worse.....

https://whatpub.com/pubs/MED/11727/dog-bone-gillingham

20 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Could very well be mind-games. When our pitch turned rubbish at the back end of last season, Gerrard and Clarke looked like the best CB partnership in the league.

If our pitch turns rubbish this season, I expect Clarke and Gerrard to play together at CB again. 

Sshhhh!.......don't make any reference to a deteriorating pitch.....people on here get very upset

On 23/11/2017 at 6:29 PM, rudemedic said:

Good point, you may be right!

Should be an Oldham victory today and I expect it to be the start of a very good run.

Looking back at the results, including Shez's tenure there have only been 3 games this season where we deserved to lose. Oxford, Wigan and Rotherham. Maybe Blackpool but the 2nd half performance was very good.

If we hadn't have started so shite we probably would be in and around the play-offs. The teams up there that are doing well absolutely baffle me. Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe in particular. Yes, they both beat us but they were bang average and I still dont know how we lost that Scunthorpe match and if Wellens was in charge for the Shrews match, with his tactics, I think we would have won.

Next 3 or 4 games are against lesser opposition and I fully believe we can get maximum points. Even when Shez was doing poorly we played some good stuff and you could see the signs. Fleetwood, Bristol and Charlton before Ross Joyce ruined proceedings come to mind,

We should have absolutely rolled MK and Wimbledon and should probably still be in the FA Cup.

I have said 'should' quite a lot and of course all that matters at the end of the day is the result but based on the performances the team keep putting in and the chances we're creating this is only going to get better.

With Abdallah set to inject some much needed funds into the side and help us potentially keep Byrne, Doyle, Bryan and McLaughlin to come back from Injury we're only going to grow stronger from each game. Hopefully turning the draws we saw against MK & Wimbledon into comprehensive victories.

Very excited about the rest of the season.

After this post Gillingham are going to cruise to a 4-1 victory setting off a meltdown.