I hate trying to put the burden all on one player, but our L1 survival firmly rests on Doyle's shoulders. If he is back before stated by Wellens and Doyle, which I think he will, and he carries on his form from earlier in the season, then we will stay up with ease.

If he is out until mid-March, and it takes time for him to find his feet again, then I think this could be our year...

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I hate trying to put the burden all on one player, but our L1 survival firmly rests on Doyle's shoulders. If he is back before stated by Wellens and Doyle, which I think he will, and he carries on his form from earlier in the season, then we will stay up with ease.

If he is out until mid-March, and it takes time for him to find his feet again, then I think this could be our year...

It’s strange because this side is so much improved on the ones from the previous 3 or 4 seasons

12 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Not quite. The risk with contact sports and anti-coagulants (he might not be on Warfarin) is internal bleeding. Judging by the state of my legs after watching some games if he plays on Warfarin he might not be able to walk due the bruising. That's without the head injury risks etc. 

If you have played whilst on Warfarin, you are a much braver man than me (there's an alternative view but I don't want to insult you). 

He is able to fully train (non-contact) though. It might even make him fitter in the long run. 

Yeah you're completely right with the internal bruising/bleeding point. Hopefully he'll be fully up speed by March

23 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

It’s strange because this side is so much improved on the ones from the previous 3 or 4 seasons

Maybe individually but, too many not willing to track back and protect the back 4. Defence isn't as bad as people think, midfield (apart from fane) don't do their jobs. Formation needs a drastic change but, I can't see a formation that would suit at this moment, with our diabolical midfield/winger options. 

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

Yeah you're completely right with the internal bruising/bleeding point. Hopefully he'll be fully up speed by March

Could be down by then, he needs to be back for MK at home otherwise we are fucked. We somehow need five or six points from the next three games and that in itself is a big ask. 

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

The problem is it is now March so each non appearance from now on decreases the potential for him to save the season. I hope someone else will take on the mantle.

25 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Won't be back until Mid-March is what came out of yesterdays' chat at the OEC event.

The worrying thing about that in itself is beside the possibility of a setback from that date, even if it is mid_March he'll have to ease back in as a sub for a few games, only Pompey, Walsall & Wigan.

Therefore he won't start games till April at least and that is 6 games. That is a huge ask.

46 minutes ago, singe said:

The worrying thing about that in itself is beside the possibility of a setback from that date, even if it is mid_March he'll have to ease back in as a sub for a few games, only Pompey, Walsall & Wigan.

Therefore he won't start games till April at least and that is 6 games. That is a huge ask.

nah, that's fine, we need 7 wins so the last 6 will do  ....plus a home win v Portsmouth after Doyle comes on as sub and scores the winner which prompts the 1,000 Pompey fans to storm the RRE to get to George aka Topoff who has spent the entire 90 minutes winding up the Pompey fans.....again!!!  :)

28 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

nah, that's fine, we need 7 wins so the last 6 will do  ....plus a home win v Portsmouth after Doyle comes on as sub and scores the winner which prompts the 1,000 Pompey fans to storm the RRE to get to George aka Topoff who has spent the entire 90 minutes winding up the Pompey fans.....again!!!  :)

Love how someone called George, who resembles a racing whippet, Chippy Tits!

On 31/01/2018 at 6:51 PM, rudemedic said:

Not quite. The risk with contact sports and anti-coagulants (he might not be on Warfarin) is internal bleeding. Judging by the state of my legs after watching some games if he plays on Warfarin he might not be able to walk due the bruising. That's without the head injury risks etc. 

If you have played whilst on Warfarin, you are a much braver man than me (there's an alternative view but I don't want to insult you). 

He is able to fully train (non-contact) though. It might even make him fitter in the long run. 

Could Doyle be affected by this RM, as per trying to avoid physical contact on his return to the team ?

58 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Could Doyle be affected by this RM, as per trying to avoid physical contact on his return to the team ?

Perhaps but if he is not on anti-coagulants it's going to be psychological. Somewhat like how players who have been injured in bad tackles might not go into as many tackles as they should. 

Provided Doyle is off the anti-coagulants I'd have no qualms about him being fit to play, if he is able to. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

Love how someone called George, who resembles a racing whippet, Chippy Tits!

I think he's discovered beer... A penny to a pint that in a few years time he'll be more Bernard Manning than Paul Bernard 

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think he's discovered beer... A penny to a pint that in a few years time he'll be more Bernard Manning than Paul Bernard 

22 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

You should have gone to Spec Savers!

Exactly how old is hes photo...?!

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

22 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

You should have gone to Spec Savers!

Exactly how old is hes photo...?!

32 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Doyle's girlfriend/wife on twitter has tweeted she'd love it to be mid March already.

I just don't see this being the ruse we hoped it was, to be honest.

Don't like giving to Playershare for a variety of reasons, including the fact I have never forgiven our managers for signing the likes of Jokts and Fuller with the money, but I will donate a tenner to the cause if Doyle doesn't play a game until the middle of March...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't like giving to Playershare for a variety of reasons, including the fact I have never forgiven our managers for signing the likes of Jokts and Fuller with the money, but I will donate a tenner to the cause if Doyle doesn't play a game until the middle of March...

Isn't that just a low rent version of the owner dictating signings to the manager? ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived