• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Doyle will back for last 8-10 games of the season (March)!! ?? Will he need 3-4 games to get match for again? Will we still be in a poisition to stay up by then? 

Will we get a CB in by 11pm tonight too? Really need to strengthen at the back too! I really hope we get a decent defender in! 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I said a couple of weeks ago he will do 15 games. I am still told that there is no way at all he is out until mid-March. I reckon the latest we will see him is Rochdale, but fully expect him to be playing at Blackburn...

With the forecasted weather for the next week and Rochdale's current unplayable pitch, I'm expecting their Millwall cup game being off on Tuesday and moved to the next round date. Which would clash with our game. Could be useful for us.

27 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Hope we're not already down by the time he's fit again. 

Said it before, but unless it was permanent I'd have not signed him. We need players now, and when I say players, I really mean two defenders and a goalkeeper.

I don't understand how you think two defenders and a keeper will keep us up when scoring is our problem. 

We've not won a single game without Doyle.  

30 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Said it before, but unless it was permanent I'd have not signed him. We need players now, and when I say players, I really mean two defenders and a goalkeeper.

I reckon you'll get a LB soon enough. Not sure of the rest though.

38 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We aren’t going to get anyone as good as Doyle, regardless of whether they can play all 16 games, unless Abdallah is prepared to pay 7 figures. He’s the best striker in the league. I really don’t see how you can be anything other than delighted with this.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

We aren’t going to get anyone as good as Doyle, regardless of whether they can play all 16 games, unless Abdallah is prepared to pay 7 figures. He’s the best striker in the league. I really don’t see how you can be anything other than delighted with this.

Because it may be a month before we see him and by then it may be too late. Happy with the signing but can PIL's reservations.

Just now, whittles left foot said:

Because it may be a month before we see him and by then it may be too late. Happy with the signing but can PIL's reservations.

If Doyle wouldn’t have signed today I doubt we’d have brought in another player, or two, instead. I’d rather have him for 10 games than not have him for 16. 

28 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't understand how you think two defenders and a keeper will keep us up when scoring is our problem. 

If we kept clean sheets regularly we'd have won a few

Everyone's talking like he's injured... He's not atall, just on warfarin to thin his blood. The reason he can't do contact is because of the risk of cutting himself whilst on blood thinners. He'll be fit and raring to go as soon as he is off the drug and given the go ahead for contact sports. I've played footy on warfarin before, it doesn't affect you in the slightest, it's just the risk factor for him.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Scoring was also a problem last season and the season before where solid, resolute defensive displays made us hard to beat and we won by a single goal which was the reason we stayed up. Our defence is far worse than both our last two relegation battles and our attack is probably better. I'd take Davies above Holloway, Main, Erwin, Tope, Ngoo.

With a good defence, Davies goalscoring form (with a few contributions from elsewhere) might be enough to stay up, without a good defence, we've got no chance

21 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Scoring was also a problem last season and the season before where solid, resolute defensive displays made us hard to beat and we won by a single goal which was the reason we stayed up. Our defence is far worse than both our last two relegation battles and our attack is probably better. I'd take Davies above Holloway, Main, Erwin, Tope, Ngoo.

With a good defence, Davies goalscoring form (with a few contributions from elsewhere) might be enough to stay up, without a good defence, we've got no chance

Put it like this we have outscored everybody in the bottom half we have conceded more than anybodyelse we will sail clear of relegation by easter if we keep the goals out.

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

Everyone's talking like he's injured... He's not atall, just on warfarin to thin his blood. The reason he can't do contact is because of the risk of cutting himself whilst on blood thinners. He'll be fit and raring to go as soon as he is off the drug and given the go ahead for contact sports. I've played footy on warfarin before, it doesn't affect you in the slightest, it's just the risk factor for him.

Not quite. The risk with contact sports and anti-coagulants (he might not be on Warfarin) is internal bleeding. Judging by the state of my legs after watching some games if he plays on Warfarin he might not be able to walk due the bruising. That's without the head injury risks etc. 

If you have played whilst on Warfarin, you are a much braver man than me (there's an alternative view but I don't want to insult you). 

He is able to fully train (non-contact) though. It might even make him fitter in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If we kept clean sheets regularly we'd have won a few

We produced our decent run, which was a very decent run, playing attacking football and scoring goals. 

Trying to replicate that with largely the same players until Doyle's back is our best chance of turning this round.  

Archived