• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Just my humble attempt at cultural integration!

Attempt being the operative word  made you look a right pillock for even thinking anybody would not want a goalscorer back of that quality especially taking into account our points total with & without ED :tongue1:

14 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I imagine Preston would rather sell him than loan him out, so they may be waiting until the last minute to see if any one comes in with a permanent offer before letting him join us.

What frustrates me is that it was stated clearly on Friday that Doyle would be joining us today.

7:41 pm and no sign.

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What frustrates me is that it was stated clearly on Friday that Doyle would be joining us today.

7:41 pm and no sign.

More PR bollocks from the man who gave you 'its out of our hands and with the EFL' and 'four to six weeks'.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

More PR bollocks from the man who gave you 'its out of our hands and with the EFL' and 'four to six weeks'.

It’s was the new owner and Wellens that said it at the press conference not MM. MM only continued the story as he has to follow the boss. 

Owner, Chief Exec AND manager have all told the fans that Eoin Doyle will be back until the end of the season so until they say otherwise, Preston make an official statement saying otherwise or he is announced at another club, then I will believe that Eoin Doyle is coming back until the end of the season.

Now cakehole is a word from the 60's/70's and it's a fine word. What I would like to see more of on this forum is a term used a lot in the 70's when two people had a tiff (which does happen a lot on here) and that is "oh go and boil yer ead". That would make me feel very nostalgic. In fact it might even bring back memories of Colin Garwood banging the goals in in that season.

14 hours ago, Wardie said:

Either he was in a pub in libpool [Liverpool?] having a lemonade and gave a slight nod and a cheeky wink, when asked if he was signing for Latics.
Or he actually was pissed-up and said he was going to be singing for us.

:D 

Singing and signing are Part of Doyle's DNA

DNA: National Dyslexics Association 

14 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

How is that ‘abuse’? Have we really got to the point where calling someone a pillock is classed as abuse? Jesus. 

Is calling someone a pillock online more or less abusive than asking them to tweet a picture of their socks? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Is calling someone a pillock online more or less abusive than asking them to tweet a picture of their socks? Asking for a friend.

Hi Rosa, thanks for bringing up this important issue. Your friend needs to know that nobody should ever feel under pressure to tweet a picture of their socks. Never. It's your life, your socks, your decision. #mylifemysocks #pullyourownbloodysocksupyouperv

According to the rarely-read Oldham Times:

Lemsagam said: “Doyle – we can confirm he comes back to the club. He is our player until the end of the season.

“In terms of player recruitment, it is always down to the manager – he has the first and the last word on that.

“If he wants a new player, we sit down and decide who he wants, who he needs, we are a team here but the decision is his.

“We have very good contacts with some European clubs – they try to help us with players, but the decision is with the manager – it’s down to him who he wants and who he likes and everything.

“There will be five or six players coming in – I think we are almost there with them.”

Wellens said: “Eoin Doyle is coming back and for me that’s a statement for what he wants us to achieve. The easiest thing for Doyle would have been to go somewhere else, especially with other clubs going for promotion in our league.

“Abdallah has managed to get him, keep him until the end of the season and then over the summer we’ll try and do something.

“For me that’s a massive statement along with other players who you’ll know about in the next day or so. It’s all positive – Abdallah’s bringing that – and I think we can all look to the future with excitement."

http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/15901351.Super_six_on_their_way/

Archived