• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

What get a ST holder to referee a cup semi-final that you need to win to save your job. Then have that ref miss a goal for the opposition? 

I was thinking more of the twenty odd years after that but I get your point 

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wellens is either trying to play mind games or is a complete buffoon. He has to play from the start...

Not if he isn't fit to do so. He had 6 weeks minimum where he wasn't able to maintain his cardiovascular fitness to the level needed for a professional footballer. He might not be fit enough to start for another week. 

Having Duckens start but knowing he is only going to play for 60 minutes could prove very useful. 

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Strange as it seems most the players who we have wouldn't begrudge him if he earned double, lets face it he's worth every penny.

You are right.. I see today ambitious Notts County are prepared to pay £15,000 a week to a quality foreign forward.

22 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

It's got to be mind games.

Wellens said himself not long ago it was contact that was the issue, not fitness.

If he played half an hour at Scunny hes surely fine to start on Saturday.

Not much problem with contact  yesterday with  Latics players jumping all over him after his goal..

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You are right.. I see today ambitious Notts County are prepared to pay £15,000 a week to a quality foreign forward.

We should push the boat out to try and secure his services, but it's easy to say that when its somebody else's money.

5 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Classic Richie mind games. He's definitely starting. 

Tbh I think letting Davies and Nazon wear their defence down for 65 minutes then bringing Doyle on is the smarter tactic. Davies and Nazon are quick and strong, by the time Doyle comes on Clarke will be like a wounded gazelle and Doyle will probably find better success.

7 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Tbh I think letting Davies and Nazon wear their defence down for 65 minutes then bringing Doyle on is the smarter tactic. Davies and Nazon are quick and strong, by the time Doyle comes on Clarke will be like a wounded gazelle and Doyle will probably find better success.

Don’t think Clarke can play against us?

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Can't see Clarke playing TBH,  would be a bit of an own goal if we allowed that.

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

36 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Or we could be 3-0 up and cruising so can leave Doyle on the bench- we may still bring him on for fitness reasons, though.

34 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Don’t think Clarke can play against us?

33 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Can't see Clarke playing TBH,  would be a bit of an own goal if we allowed that.

Ah of course. Probably because I can’t see him playing for us again, I’d forgotten it was still only a loan. 

8 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Clarke is not allowed to play for Bury next weekend. Part of the loan agreement. 

14 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Doyle found plenty of success at the start of the season against fit and untired defenders aswell. Nonsense to say he shouldnt start when he is clearly fit. Sacrifice both the strikers to play Doyle on his own if you have to!

3 minutes ago, youngen said:

Doyle found plenty of success at the start of the season against fit and untired defenders aswell. Nonsense to say he shouldnt start when he is clearly fit. Sacrifice both the strikers to play Doyle on his own if you have to!

Tend to agree with Wellens assessment that Doyle will need a couple of games from the bench. 

No need to worry though, that will still leave ten or so games for him to start.

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Tend to agree with Wellens assessment that Doyle will need a couple of games from the bench. 

No need to worry though, that will still leave ten or so games for him to start.

Agree, no point rushing him back.
He's such good quality he can score coming of the bench too.

16 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It is - typically the first three years are the most dangerous. 

Absolutely right, very serious risk of recurrence - and people who get them often have a genetic predisposition (my daughter has it - lifetime of management with flights etc.). That's a risk thing however. Match fitness is separate, and he seemed sprightly enough last time out, so I wouldn't be surprised if he started. 

I suspect this was not a spontaneous clot. More likely it was secondary to an arterial wall injury with subsequent clot formation over the site of the damage. It is therefore probably not going to be recurrent and hereditary factors probably won't play a part. Am unable to be sure as I don't have all the medical details.

Having broken a leg recently I have just had to self inject a drug known as Clexane which apparently prevents blood clotting. Tonights was the 30, therefore only another 12 left. Unfortunately even though I am sporting a full length cast coloured blue I will not be allowed to go to the match tomorrow.

Archived