1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Oh Eoin Doyle,

Sings better than Susan Boyle

Is fitter than Owen Coyle

Scores more than Martin Foyle.

Oh Eoin Doyle...

Are you drunk? ?

11 hours ago, another fan said:

Having broken a leg recently I have just had to self inject a drug known as Clexane which apparently prevents blood clotting. Tonights was the 30, therefore only another 12 left. Unfortunately even though I am sporting a full length cast coloured blue I will not be allowed to go to the match tomorrow.

I'd rather take my chances with the clotting

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

I'd rather take my chances with the clotting

Self injecting Clexane isn't a bad experience. I had to do it after my spells in hospital last year. It's a very slender needle that you hardly feel injected into the stomach. Mind you, with the fat I've got in that area, there was plenty of protection.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Self injecting Clexane isn't a bad experience. I had to do it after my spells in hospital last year. It's a very slender needle that you hardly feel injected into the stomach. Mind you, with the fat I've got in that area, there was plenty of protection.

Yeah no thanks

7 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Think I had to inject that into my girlfriend after she had her cesarean section a couple of years ago. I must admit, after all the shit she has given me over the years, I took great pleasure in plunging a needle into her...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think I had to inject that into my girlfriend after she had her cesarean section a couple of years ago. I must admit, after all the shit she has given me over the years, I took great pleasure in plunging a needle into her...

Doesn’t say a lot for your manhood if her pet name for it is a ‘needle’....

22 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Stand corrected. Is it more likely to be caused by physical activity or is it just a purely random occurrence?

I only meant about his fitness, after quite a few weeks out. But you learn something new every day Who knew?!

2 hours ago, astottie said:

When he came on the pitch today he scared the bejeesus out of them, especially Thompson

That back heel deserved better.

Scrappy game but we came back well.

After the game I thought GM police were ott in baton charging our fans .

The difference between Doyle and Davies is that the ball sticks to Doyle. The way he killed the ball dead  before passing to Pringle for his goal was exquisite. If that waa Davies, the ball would have ended up back in the centre circle.

11 hours ago, Flemboy said:

That back heel deserved better.

Scrappy game but we came back well.

After the game I thought GM police were ott in baton charging our fans .

agreed about the police, wtf was all that about??

22 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

The difference between Doyle and Davies is that the ball sticks to Doyle. The way he killed the ball dead  before passing to Pringle for his goal was exquisite. If that waa Davies, the ball would have ended up back in the centre circle.

How many would have expected Davies to be in double figures already ? How many would have been happy with that at the end of the season let alone with over ten games left ! You are comparing apples with oranges. We have imo looked the best with Doyle and Davies as a partnership. And I fully expect this to be RW first choice pairing too. I don’t get why he is a whipping boy ? Also with Holloway or Nazon to come off the bench this is the best attacking options we have had for years. Yet Oldham fans (some) still look to whinge. 

Davies was absolutely atrocious yesterday, but scored. For so many seasons we've had strikers that run about a lot, have nice touches 50 yards from goal, but finish the seasons with 4 goals. 

Get him and Doyle back together and hopefully they'll kick on from where they left off. 

23 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Davies was absolutely atrocious yesterday, but scored. For so many seasons we've had strikers that run about a lot, have nice touches 50 yards from goal, but finish the seasons with 4 goals. 

Get him and Doyle back together and hopefully they'll kick on from where they left off. 

Yeah exactly. People bemoan Holloway when yo point out his assists and say he’s a striker his jobs to score! So by this logic it shouldn’t matter what Craig Davies does because he puts the ball in the net. I like all of our striking options. I think we have a really good mix. I don’t feel the need to make a scapegoat out of any of them. 

36 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How many would have expected Davies to be in double figures already ? How many would have been happy with that at the end of the season let alone with over ten games left ! You are comparing apples with oranges. We have imo looked the best with Doyle and Davies as a partnership. And I fully expect this to be RW first choice pairing too. I don’t get why he is a whipping boy ? Also with Holloway or Nazon to come off the bench this is the best attacking options we have had for years. Yet Oldham fans (some) still look to whinge. 

It isnt a whinge, ii merely highlighted an obvious difference in technique. I like Davies. He works his arse off and I for one am glad that he is ours.

They are both apples. (Strikers) One is a Granny Smith, the other a golden delicious

It's quite simple really.

Without Davies goals this season we are down!

Holloway despite all his potential and good aerial ability and strength doesn't score enough.

The Duck who gets some fans excited is a headless chicken who still hasn't done a great deal barring 10 minutes against Blackburn....as predicted! ? full of potential but ultimately frustrating.

Goals win points! 

14 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

It's quite simple really.

Without Davies goals this season we are down!

Holloway despite all his potential and good aerial ability and strength doesn't score enough.

The Duck who gets some fans excited is a headless chicken who still hasn't done a great deal barring 10 minutes against Blackburn....as predicted! ? full of potential but ultimately frustrating.

Goals win points! 

He did set the first up on his own yesterday...

3 hours ago, dec666 said:

He did set the first up on his own yesterday...

A wayward shot...

On this board Davies is being slated and his goals are being discounted as he does 'fuck all else' but the Ducks wayward shooting (that's being kind) is being used as an excuse to defend him!

Owtb's logic is very difficult to fathom. I constantly forget that favourites despite doing nothing a great majority of the time can do no wrong in the eyes of some. 

Archived