Peter Clarke - Bury on loan

12 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

In another 27 days we’ll probably still be saying that we need another striker, and we’ll end up with Michael Ngoo or someone of a similar class.

Get your act together Latics instead of being left with the dregs. ?

It’s the 3rd of January. 

7 hours ago, maddog said:

It’s the 3rd of January. 

7 hours ago, maddog said:

It’s the 3rd of January. 

And??? ......... on the 30th January, if we haven’t signed a striker, they will ‘unveil’ someone with a goalscoring record of 10 goals in 100 appearances for 12 different clubs and expect him to get us out of the mire. I’ve seen it before. Surely you have too.  All I’m saying is that they should do their business early and so not be left with players that nobody else wants. Makes sense to me.

Edited by Gary1906
Spelling mistake - ‘mire’

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

In another 27 days we’ll probably still be saying that we need another striker, and we’ll end up with Michael Ngoo or someone of a similar class.

Get your act together Latics instead of being left with the dregs. ?

You say that, but every player we could potentially sign is going to be a downgrade on Doyle. Pringle would be an impressive capture, if the reports are true.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean like when Main came here from Donny and effectively kept us up and sent them down? 

Do you think Donny fans looked at it from that angle then? Bury are 11 behind us with a game in hand and we have to go to Gigg Lane, I'm pretty sure they have not given up just yet.

One of the best squads in league on paper and yet well adrift at bottom, I won't hold my breath waiting for their revival to happen.

We signed Doyle on the last day of the window sometimes it’s better to wait. I’m more concerned that the target players for corney are the same for lemsibaby. I getting the impression he’s about as rich as corney, but has a bit more ambition. Similar to the ambition the  3 amigos had until they realised it’s not that easy and very expensive.

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We signed Doyle on the last day of the window sometimes it’s better to wait. I’m more concerned that the target players for corney are the same for lemsibaby. I getting the impression he’s about as rich as corney, but has a bit more ambition. Similar to the ambition the  3 amigos had until they realised it’s not that easy and very expensive.

That last sentence is exactly my concern....hope to be proved wrong but what little we have been told about the deal makes me very nervous....Leyton Orient anyone?

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The point he’s making is it was going wrong before jewel, we had the new manger lift, that inevitably fades. Now jewel is being made scape goat.

It was in response to the 'sometimes its better to wait' quote... 

We need to make changes and if we do that on deadline day we've potentially lost 4 games where we could get some points with new additions.

42 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

It was in response to the 'sometimes its better to wait' quote... 

We need to make changes and if we do that on deadline day we've potentially lost 4 games where we could get some points with new additions.

And if we add the wrong people there's a lot more than 4 games we could lose

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

And??? ......... on the 30th January, if we haven’t signed a striker, they will ‘unveil’ someone with a goalscoring record of 10 goals in 100 appearances for 12 different clubs and expect him to get us out of the mire. I’ve seen it before. Surely you have too.  All I’m saying is that they should do their business early and so not be left with players that nobody else wants. Makes sense to me.

There have only been 8 signings by 6 League 1 clubs so far in the past 3 days. That's not including the 1 signing we've already made. Chill.

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

All if, buts and maybes.

You pay over the odds if you do it early, from a weak negotiating position. Players wait,  so often the better players are later. Our last minute signings have been due to  lack of funds ando so earlier targets would be out of the question anyway.

it remains to be seen if we get the funds this window.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

All if, buts and maybes.

You pay over the odds if you do it early, from a weak negotiating position. Players wait,  so often the better players are later. Our last minute signings have been due to  lack of funds ando so earlier targets would be out of the question anyway.

Pay over the odds? I doubt we’ll be paying anything anyway. More likely to be loan signings I would think. Bury have already got Peter Clarke and James Hanson snapped up, still leaving scope and time for more. Good business in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, singe said:

All if, buts and maybes.

If it is known that we regularly pay wages late it wont matter if we get funds in the window as players will already be sceptical and go elsewhere.

I suppose Wellens must be in denial about our position.  It makes no sense sending Clarke to Bury as he is just the sort of backs to the wall player they need.

Some on here seem to have forgotten that we already have signed a striker.

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A top, top pro. In my opinion, our best captain since Duxbury. Heroic defending and some important goals for us last season. But, time is right for him to move on. He's been poor this season and is earning too much to be sat on our bench... 

Prefer Gregan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Absolute warrior, will be remembered fondly.

Our league position isn't half as bad as some are making out so if moving him on frees up funds to strengthen elsewhere to help us kick on then it is fine by me.

Our League position coupled with our recent form is a worry, I agree its not desperate but we really do need to show something in the next week or two.