Connor Ripley on his way back?

15 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Doesn't deserve a good reception from the fans when we face bury away. Should've stayed, get another good season under his belt but, no. First sight of championship footy (with fucking burton for christ sake) and he does a runner. Usually want ex-players to do well, especially after some of his heroics last season but, i couldn't care less. Kind of hope it goes tits up for him and he regrets it. 

Sometimes I wonder if I even like football.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everybody think players get to choose which division and which club they can go on loan to?

they have 2 choices, go where we tell you or sit in the reserves. The club (Boro) made the decision for Ripley to go to Burton!

8 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Why does everybody think players get to choose which division and which club they can go on loan to?

they have 2 choices, go where we tell you or sit in the reserves. The club (Boro) made the decision for Ripley to go to Burton!

Really not sure that is the case at all.

29 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

In the AFL during trade period, players get to nominate their clubs.

It is a rule that has always baffled me given my football heritage.

On the other hand, I do get to choose where I want to apply for positions if I should ever want to leave my current job.

35 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

In the AFL during trade period, players get to nominate their clubs.

It is a rule that has always baffled me given my football heritage.

On the other hand, I do get to choose where I want to apply for positions if I should ever want to leave my current job.

But you don't get to choose where you go on a training course, which is what a loan effectively is

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Really not sure that is the case at all.

Really? A championship club offers him football & a chance for him to carry on his development a level above last season and Boro say 'don't worry stick to league 1 if you like'?

I'm sure it hasn't worked out how any of the parties saw it panning out but as a contracted Boro player he won't pick his loans. He may give an opinion but ultimately it's up to Boro who will do what's best for them!

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

Really? A championship club offers him football & a chance for him to carry on his development a level above last season and Boro say 'don't worry stick to league 1 if you like'?

I'm sure it hasn't worked out how any of the parties saw it panning out but as a contracted Boro player he won't pick his loans. He may give an opinion but ultimately it's up to Boro who will do what's best for them!

He could definitely have gone to Northampton, probably could have rejoined us if he'd really pushed for it and could have stayed at Boro if he wanted.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If the player says I'm not going there then they won't, loan or permanent.

Maybe so, but as you, I imagine,  have no idea whether he thought he would beta regular starter at Burton the whole debate is all a bit irrelevant. 

On 04/01/2018 at 5:11 PM,  we hate man,u and city to said: 

Doesn't deserve a good reception from the fans when we face bury away. Should've stayed, get another good season under his belt but, no. First sight of championship footy (with fucking burton for christ sake) and he does a runner. Usually want ex-players to do well, especially after some of his heroics last season but, i couldn't care less. Kind of hope it goes tits up for him and he regrets it. 

So nothing to do with the fact we weren’t paying his loan fees to Boro then? 

Be a while before we get a player off them again! You crack on with your shite tho :chubb:

Edited by boundaryblue80

58 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:
   On 04/01/2018 at 5:11 PM,  we hate man,u and city to said: 

So nothing to do with the fact we weren’t paying his loan fees to Boro then? 

Be a while before we get a player off them again! You crack on with your shite tho :chubb:

Tbf his stock did rise after playing for us, so you could say they owe us