Checkatrade scabbery - assuming takeover is done & new players are in....

Will you come off the Checkatrade picket line for a glimpse of some talent?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you come off the picket line for a glimpse of some talent?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Clearly you 2 are not seeing the agenda being pushed by the premier league here. They have made clear intentions here that they want their own B teams in the football league the EFL trophy is their way of getting people used to the idea. This would then bring them in line with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. 

The idea that not wanting to go to this makes you less of a fan is complete bollocks and is the type of blind loyalty that gives people running football the green light to take the piss out of football fans.

I wont stand in the way of others wanting to go but I dont like my club being involved in this competition in its current format with the involvement of B teams if that makes me less of a fan in your eyes then Glory Glory Man Ufuckinnited!

It simply won’t happen... 

And I’d be willing to put any amount of money on the line with you right now that it won’t happen.

And not once have I said anyone’s a better fan. Just stating that, that sole reason is absolute bollocks.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

It simply won’t happen... 

And I’d be willing to put any amount of money on the line with you right now that it won’t happen.

And not once have I said anyone’s a better fan. Just stating that, that sole reason is absolute bollocks.

Its happened elsewhere in Europe.

Top managers from across Europe have called for it to be repeated here.

I wish the myopic could look back and see how the football league clubs so easily succumbed to Premier League money against the wishes of their fans. It is only a matter of time and a new tv deal before they cave in again to B teams. I will not be at Wembley. I will not watch it on tv. When the inevitable b teams arrive I will boycott those matches.

2 hours ago, stewrat said:

I wish the myopic could look back and see how the football league clubs so easily succumbed to Premier League money against the wishes of their fans. It is only a matter of time and a new tv deal before they cave in again to B teams. I will not be at Wembley. I will not watch it on tv. When the inevitable b teams arrive I will boycott those matches.

So are you saying that if we did manage to get to Wembley and played someone like Bury for example, you wouldn’t go, because of your principles re this competition?

But if ‘b teams’ were allowed in the Football League you’d only boycott those games?

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood but if I’m right it all sounds a bit silly and futile.

In any event, what will happen will happen. Do you cut off your nose to spite your face and stop watching Latics because you disagree with how the Football League is run? 

2 hours ago, stewrat said:

Don't remember any great uproar from fans when the PL was formed, at the time the money and investment in the game was welcomed, PL clubs have us by the balls already through solidarity payments and a club like ours wouldn't survive without them, unfortunately that is a fact. Shall we all stop attending games now because we are subsidised by the scraps the greedy league send down to us? 

As for the inevitable b teams matches I personally don't see it happening for a couple of reasons, one is our unique League structure which we have had for the past 130 years and even the fat cat PL would be loathe to destroy, our Championship for example is one of the biggest Leagues in Europe, but something else lost in all of this though is the lack of support this idea has generated amongst the PL clubs themselves, five of the big six actually want nothing to do with it and are that hellbent on pushing it through that they can't even be arsed to enter despite having first dibs.

Edited by yarddog73

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't remember any great uproar from fans when the PL was formed, 

There was plenty of dissent but as the Internet hadn't come into common usage and forum fever was therefore unheard of it wasn't quite so obvious. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

There was plenty of dissent but as the Internet hadn't come into common usage and forum fever was therefore unheard of it wasn't quite so obvious. 

....and then Latics averaged 15k fans at each home game and the premier league had full grounds every week.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

And it achieved what exactly? Apart from depriving themselves from supporting the team they love. 

I agree. It’s ‘cutting off your nose to spite your face’. Can’t see the sense in that myself. Latics are desperate for whatever money they can get through the turnstiles. Support your team and get over yourselves. Nothing to do with being a ‘super fan’, it’s just supporting your club. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Where did I say it achieved anything? 

I don't really understand the point then, if we had five or six new faces out tonight I may of bothered but as it is I will probably give it a miss, how it affects our club going forward doesn't really come into it because we may well do a Bournemouth one day and end up in the greedy league, isn't that what we'd all like to see or as fans would we refuse to attend greedy league games on principle?

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I don't really understand the point then, 

You said "Don't remember any great uproar from fans when the PL was formed,"

I said "I do" and then provided you with anecdotal evidence as corroboration. 

The point was to draw your attention to the fact that some people were in uproar even though you don't remember there being any. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

....and then Latics averaged 15k fans at each home game and the premier league had full grounds every week.

We averaged 15k fans for all of one season around that time; the last time we had done so being 1954 according to this source:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/olda.htm

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree. It’s ‘cutting off your nose to spite your face’. Can’t see the sense in that myself. Latics are desperate for whatever money they can get through the turnstiles. Support your team and get over yourselves. Nothing to do with being a ‘super fan’, it’s just supporting your club. 

I support the club through a season ticket I buy every year for 26 of the last 27 seasons if we went down I'd still buy one if Corney and his mates fuck up the takeover I will still buy one. But I'm not entertaining the idea of going to Boundary park in this competition aslong as u23's are part of it. I won't be standing at the turnstiles tonight calling people for paying to watch this or even on here, but If you can't understand that I and other football fans of this club and of other clubs across the country feel that way then I suggest its you who needs to get over yourself. If we go to Wembley who knows but the fact I'm even entertaining the thought of not seeing my club at Wembley actually saddens me.

Edited by GlossopLatic

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I support the club through a season ticket I buy every year for 26 of the last 27 seasons if we went down I'd still buy one if Corney and his mates fuck up the takeover I will still buy one. But I'm not entertaining the idea of going to Boundary park in this competition aslong as u23's are part of it. I won't be standing at the turnstiles tonight calling people for paying to watch this or even on here, but If you can't understand that I and other football fans of this club and of other clubs across the country feel that way then I suggest its you who needs to get over yourself. If we go to Wembley who knows but the fact I'm even entertaining the thought of not seeing my club at Wembley actually saddens me.

Ha Ha hilarious!! You might throw your principles out of the window if we get to Wembley! Unbelievable!!!! ?????