If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blokes turning into the whopper he had always promised to be. Quicker we can fuck him off the better but that will be easier said than done. 

Got worse. What a classless, loud mouth, thicko he is. 

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Someone butted in on his joke with a teammate and he gave him some back. Fair play to him I say.

Butted in!? On Twitter? A global social media platform where he has an open account?  

Ok then. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Butted in!? On Twitter? A global social media platform where he has an open account?  

Ok then. 

They took his response to Hamer's tweet and posted it to the OAFC hashtag with the obvious intent to show him in a bad light so I'm happy to describe it as butting in.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They took his response to Hamer's tweet and posted it to the OAFC hashtag with the obvious intent to show him in a bad light so I'm happy to describe it as butting in.

He was asked a polite question based on something he put out for the world to see. This wasn't eavesdropping on a private conversation. He then chose to reply like an ignorant cunt. He's showing himself in a terrible light, no help required.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Plain to see. He doesn't want to be here and he is trying to force a move with his tweets...

Force a move to where though? he had to play for a shit Shrewsbury team for nothing to put himself in the shop window and clearly doesn't possess the willpower to keep himself in shape for more than a few weeks, hope he is fined accordingly though.

9 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

He was asked a polite question based on something he put out for the world to see. This wasn't eavesdropping on a private conversation. He then chose to reply like an ignorant cunt. He's showing himself in a terrible light, no help required.

It wasn't a polite question, Gerrard was merely having a joke along the lines of Hamer being a teachers pet etc etc.

The guy was looking for a response and got it.

Not every tweet has to have a cryptic meaning, people should stop looking for things that aren't there in my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Force a move to where though? he had to play for a shit Shrewsbury team for nothing to put himself in the shop window and clearly doesn't possess the willpower to keep himself in shape for more than a few weeks, hope he is fined accordingly though.

Fined? Never had you down as one of them snowflakes Yardy.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Fined? Never had you down as one of them snowflakes Yardy.

Yes I'm pretty sure the club have a policy with regards to bringing the club into disrepute, it's one thing giving it back but its altogether another thing when your plainly orchestrating a move away by getting into verbal spats with fans on Twatter. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes I'm pretty sure the club have a policy with regards to bringing the club into disrepute, it's one thing giving it back but its altogether another thing when your plainly orchestrating a move away by getting into verbal spats with fans on Twatter. 

I think you and others are reading (pun intended) far too much into it.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think you and others are reading (pun intended) far too much into it.

Not really, it's not the first time he's come across as a bit of a nob since he captained a rudderless team to relegation only a couple of months ago. 

The Coaches Voice. 

https://www.coachesvoice.com/best-laid-plans-oldham-wellens/

By the time John Sheridan offered me a spot at Oldham as a first-team coach, I had eight months of coaching experience under my belt.

The job was unpaid, but John is someone I’ve got a lot of respect for.

IIRC he was chirping about not being paid.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, singe said:

The Coaches Voice. 

By the time John Sheridan offered me a spot at Oldham as a first-team coach, I had eight months of coaching experience under my belt.

Well bully for him. In other industries (or the real world) that’s often a way of getting your foot in the door, shadowing or doing some voluntary work beforehand. Didn’t LJ say he’d spent a lot of time on the continent observing how other teams train and prepare for games. Doubt he got paid either.

Edited by johnafoafc

9 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Well bully for him. In other industries (or the real world) that’s often a way of getting your foot in the door, shadowing or doing some voluntary work beforehand. Didn’t LJ say he’d spent a lot of time on the continent observing how other teams train and prepare for games. Doubt he got paid either.

He’s becoming boring now. Two similar articles in a week bulling himself up to be the best coach ever, then saying he’s made mistakes over and over again. Trying to make out he’s got what it takes to be a great manager now after all his failings . Oh yes it was never his fault because it was one circumstance after another that caused his problems . However the most important sentence in the article for me is when he says the players found him out. Interesting phrase for someone who thinks he’s gods gift to coaching. 

Edited by Smiler13

19 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He’s becoming boring now. Two similar articles in a week bulling himself up to be the best coach ever, then saying he’s made mistakes over and over again. Trying to make out he’s got what it takes to be a great manager now after all his failings . Oh yes it was never his fault because it was one circumstance after another that caused his problems . However the most important sentence in the article for me is when he says the players found him out. Interesting phrase for someone who thinks he’s gods gift to coaching. 

Fake news.

4 hours ago, singe said:

The Coaches Voice. 

That is my recollection too, but it stems from here.