If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

The reason I find it hard to believe Wellens was complicit in the Daily rag article is because he couldn't really afford to get sacked if he aspires a career in management.

His CV now reads that he's relegated the only club he's managed, a club that hadn't been relegated in 20 years. With a 2.5 mil wage budget (I know they weren't all his signings). 

Even if things were that bad you'd have thought he'd have just got his head down, try and get some success next season and jump ship when offered a new opportunity.

Where does Wellens go from here?

New Doncaster manager

23 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

The reason I find it hard to believe Wellens was complicit in the Daily rag article is because he couldn't really afford to get sacked if he aspires a career in management.

His CV now reads that he's relegated the only club he's managed, a club that hadn't been relegated in 20 years. With a 2.5 mil wage budget (I know they weren't all his signings). 

Even if things were that bad you'd have thought he'd have just got his head down, try and get some success next season and jump ship when offered a new opportunity.

Where does Wellens go from here?

Or the article gives him an already written excuse for his failings? Read that and believe it all you'd say he'd done well to keep us in contention. 

I backed Wellens 4 days prior to him being appointed as coach last July.  34 days later I unbacked him when I thought that surely the poor performances couldn't all be down to Shez.  3 days before his temporary appointment as caretaker I backed him again and after 5 games backed him to become permanent manager for another two seasons.  17 days into his  permanent  appointment I unbacked him because of doubts about his experience.  I backed him again for a couple of days in December when we soundly beat Northampton but then unbacked him again because he ruined my Christmas.  I have to admit that although I continued to unback him for the remainder of the season I did back him for about half an hour at Ewood Park.  

Overall I probably unbacked him more than backed him.  Like always I'm proposing to back the next manager before his appointment no matter who he is.  That is until I decide to unback him.

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure how sacking a manager in mid summer suggests that...

Not bothered, even a day before the new season starts, it had to be done. 

A marker has been laid down and we can now cast aside all the baggage following us down to League two. 

A new dawn and maybe some success for the fans, heaven knows it's long overdue. 

On 08/06/2018 at 9:53 PM, joe_lead said:

I backed Wellens 4 days prior to him being appointed as coach last July.  34 days later I unbacked him when I thought that surely the poor performances couldn't all be down to Shez.  3 days before his temporary appointment as caretaker I backed him again and after 5 games backed him to become permanent manager for another two seasons.  17 days into his  permanent  appointment I unbacked him because of doubts about his experience.  I backed him again for a couple of days in December when we soundly beat Northampton but then unbacked him again because he ruined my Christmas.  I have to admit that although I continued to unback him for the remainder of the season I did back him for about half an hour at Ewood Park.  

Overall I probably unbacked him more than backed him.  Like always I'm proposing to back the next manager before his appointment no matter who he is.  That is until I decide to unback him.

Not the most loyal of supporters are you?!?!

Blimey, you change like the wind!! ?

Why would Wellens run the risk of being the ‘mole’ for the article? He would have absolutely nothing to gain from it and would be almost certain of losing his job once AL found out who it was.

It would tarnish his reputation for prospective future employers. Who would want someone who will run to the nearest journalist telling tales and whingeing when things weren’t going his way? I just don’t see it.

54 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Why would Wellens run the risk of being the ‘mole’ for the article? He would have absolutely nothing to gain from it and would be almost certain of losing his job once AL found out who it was.

It would tarnish his reputation for prospective future employers. Who would want someone who will run to the nearest journalist telling tales and whingeing when things weren’t going his way? I just don’t see it.

Given the mole is unlikely to be revealed I doubt it will matter much Gary.

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

I am not so sure Wellens is too fussed about losing his job, especially with a payoff...

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

In the wonderful world of football and fixed term contracts you get the cash anyway when you get sacked.  Nothing to lose (financially), indeed you may actually win financially by getting sacked as a football manager.  It’s perverse. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

In the wonderful world of football and fixed term contracts you get the cash anyway when you get sacked.  Nothing to lose (financially), indeed you may actually win financially by getting sacked as a football manager.  It’s perverse. 

It is probably the only job in the world where you can gain by being shit 

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

It's starting to sound like he'd tell a post box his life story after he's had a sniff of the barmaid's apron.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

He's not very candid at the best of times which was great for pre-match interviews but not so good for other aspects being a football manager. Had no qualms about throwing players under a bus for mistakes, wanting a move, etc

On 11/05/2018 at 10:04 PM, latics22 said:

I thought Sinnott said he was sacked, even if we stay up and he knew this before the last game??

Revisiting this cos I know you are trying to make me out to be a bullshitter. He knew in April he was going, then there was a bit of a stand off between him and AL- Wellens wouldn't walk and didn't get the MK gig. Lemsagam didn't want to pay him off. I can't swear this to definitely be the case, but I am convinced Wellens has done everything he possibly can to get himself sacked - he went on a 2nd holiday when him and the board were supposed to be discussing signings (more likely Lemsagam telling him who would be signing), and (again I don't know this to be the case for sure but have been told by 2 people it is) then tipped off Keegan with the article - that was the straw that broke the camel's back with AL. The next "Audience with Wellens" should be interesting if there is another one in Midd. Failing that, we will just have to wait to hear what he says on his next MUTV trip...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Revisiting this cos I know you are trying to make me out to be a bullshitter. He knew in April he was going, then there was a bit of a stand off between him and AL- Wellens wouldn't walk and didn't get the MK gig. Lemsagam didn't want to pay him off. I can't swear this to definitely be the case, but I am convinced Wellens has done everything he possibly can to get himself sacked - he went on a 2nd holiday when him and the board were supposed to be discussing signings (more likely Lemsagam telling him who would be signing), and (again I don't know this to be the case for sure but have been told by 2 people it is) then tipped off Keegan with the article - that was the straw that broke the camel's back with AL. The next "Audience with Wellens" should be interesting if there is another one in Midd. Failing that, we will just have to wait to hear what he says on his next MUTV trip...

Wellens is a twat

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yeah, there was one in Middleton a couple of months ago wasn't there? Be well worth going if he does another one...

Won't be worth a 400 mile round trip .  He appears to be doing everything possible to not get another crack at management.

If he's had a pay off he won't be doing an audience with...

Edited by Dave_Og

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don’t think you’re a bull shitter.

53 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It appears our club is a home for all those who want to out cunt each other, from what I'm hearing and reading Wellens can go suck a fart out of my arse. Absolute shitester of a bloke if true.

...such as Wellens asking players to come join him at another club when he leaves Oldham and pretending to AL to be on holiday when he was still in the country..